The hearts are all precut and to sew them together, stuff them, sew the opening together, takes about half an hour, if not less. I have novelty buttons I sometimes sew on.
Are you thinking of doing them?
I would love to get involved with something like this but I don't have much time, unfortunately. As I was saying to some of the other ladies on the forum, I'd like to one day learn to knit and crochet as well. I'd love to start making teddy bears like this from old clothing:

Teddy bear.png

But instead of making it for people whose loved ones have passed on, it would be a great idea to recycle old clothes and donate to children's homes. I hope to learn to sew on that level some day!

I would love to get involved with something like this but I don't have much time, unfortunately. As I was saying to some of the other ladies on the forum, I'd like to one day learn to knit and crochet as well. I'd love to start making teddy bears like this from old clothing:

View attachment 476

But instead of making it for people whose loved ones have passed on, it would be a great idea to recycle old clothes and donate to children's homes. I hope to learn to sew on that level some day!
The teddy’s are sweet. I made a small one for my daughter years ago, but I put the body the wrong way round. Teddy had the tiniest tummy you’ve ever seen😄. A friend of mine made cushions, in patchwork, from her late father’s shirts for her family. They looked amazing. She used the pocket as somewhere to store your phone or whatever. If you think I’m talented, a lot of the things that are made by people I know are absolutely beautiful. I’m happy fiddling around with my little things.

The teddy’s are sweet. I made a small one for my daughter years ago, but I put the body the wrong way round. Teddy had the tiniest tummy you’ve ever seen😄. A friend of mine made cushions, in patchwork, from her late father’s shirts for her family. They looked amazing. She used the pocket as somewhere to store your phone or whatever. If you think I’m talented, a lot of the things that are made by people I know are absolutely beautiful. I’m happy fiddling around with my little things.
Don’t leave things too late my dear. You can make 1/2 an hour a day to learn different things to do. I taught myself to crochet many many years ago, from a book. There was no utube then 😉

Don’t leave things too late my dear. You can make 1/2 an hour a day to learn different things to do. I taught myself to crochet many many years ago, from a book. There was no utube then 😉
E3E181CF-D256-4BB1-AD2F-4EB710D08284.jpegSome of hearts I’ve done for my grandchildren.

You’re absolutely right! It’s just so important to stay consistent.

That idea of the cushions sounds really great. Did you ever get any pictures of that?

You're right! Oh my goodness these are so lovely. My dad passed away when I was little. I would love to make one from his shirts!

Can someone show you? That would be so lovely for you. If he had ties you can sew them in a circle for a table cloth.
I might ask my aunt to help me. She's gotten into sewing recently. Lord knows I'll never find the time and I'd probably be really nervous about potentially messing it up.

What do you mean about the ties? Do you have a picture of something like that?

I might ask my aunt to help me. She's gotten into sewing recently. Lord knows I'll never find the time and I'd probably be really nervous about potentially messing it up.

What do you mean about the ties? Do you have a picture of something like that?
I go on the pintrest app a lot. I’ll send you the link if I can. I showed the app to my daughter in law many years ago, when her baby’s had night feeds. She loved it to look through while her baby’s had their feeds. She still uses it for her cake decorating ideas but tweaks them so they aren’t an exact copy. They have the most amazing things to see and make. You can save them to your own boards and they will send you pictures of what you may like by what you have pinned. Recipes of all sorts, dogs ❤️of all breeds and sizes. The list is endless. What do you do for a living? Tell me about yourself, please.

I go on the pintrest app a lot. I’ll send you the link if I can. I showed the app to my daughter in law many years ago, when her baby’s had night feeds. She loved it to look through while her baby’s had their feeds. She still uses it for her cake decorating ideas but tweaks them so they aren’t an exact copy. They have the most amazing things to see and make. You can save them to your own boards and they will send you pictures of what you may like by what you have pinned. Recipes of all sorts, dogs ❤️of all breeds and sizes. The list is endless. What do you do for a living? Tell me about yourself, please.
If you go to Pintrest and type in mens ties it will bring up lots of ideas. Ive been trying to send you a copy but I can’t do it. Have a good day.

If you go to Pintrest and type in mens ties it will bring up lots of ideas. Ive been trying to send you a copy but I can’t do it. Have a good day.
Aww thank you for trying anyway! I've tried to use Pinterest in the past but I've just never gotten the hang of it. I'll have a look now that you've mentioned it though :)

Currently I work full time in the insurance industry, but I'm finishing up in a month's time to pursue my career as a writer. I live with my mum and sister and my doggo :) I hope that next year, when I have a bit more free time, I'll become a more interesting person 😂 Right now I have no time for hobbies!

Aww thank you for trying anyway! I've tried to use Pinterest in the past but I've just never gotten the hang of it. I'll have a look now that you've mentioned it though :)

Currently I work full time in the insurance industry, but I'm finishing up in a month's time to pursue my career as a writer. I live with my mum and sister and my doggo :) I hope that next year, when I have a bit more free time, I'll become a more interesting person 😂 Right now I have no time for hobbies!
You are a writer? Oh my. That is very challenging and exciting. I’m so excited for you. We all think we can write a book, but that’s a myth 😀. I love reading, but in the pandemic, I really struggled. I couldn’t do it. At birthdays, and Christmas, buy Mum a book, she will love you forever,lol. Have you ever been published? My Mum was the same. Her and Dad were doing some painting on the farmhouse. Dad came round the corner of the house and here’s Mum with the paintbrush in one hand, book in the other,lol. What do you like to write about? My eldest son gave me a book on how to write your life story, but I have a lot of sad and bad things happen in my life I wouldn’t have a lot to write. The book says you don’t have to. Enjoy your weekend.

Hi Xe. The new picture on my name, the little green heart with Christmas berries and leaves, is another craft I make. I got the hearts and the idea, from a lady in Tasmania, who makes them. She sells everything to make them, except the embroidery, I did that myself. Then you can give them away but never sell them. I’ve done quite a few for friends, and family. There’s a little verse that goes with it. This one was for my friend last Christmas. Im doing quite a lot to send to a lady who runs a place of free food and clothes for people in need, and can give them to whoever she feels would like one. She did thousands and sent them to people when the Lousianna cyclone went through there. I think its a wonderful gesture.
Reading back through this post, the lady in Tasmania did thousands of hearts and sent them to people in the Lousiannna cyclone, to let them know they are being thought of. I’m sending mine to the lady who runs the free charity shop.

• Love
Reactions: Xe
You are a writer? Oh my. That is very challenging and exciting. I’m so excited for you. We all think we can write a book, but that’s a myth 😀. I love reading, but in the pandemic, I really struggled. I couldn’t do it. At birthdays, and Christmas, buy Mum a book, she will love you forever,lol. Have you ever been published? My Mum was the same. Her and Dad were doing some painting on the farmhouse. Dad came round the corner of the house and here’s Mum with the paintbrush in one hand, book in the other,lol. What do you like to write about? My eldest son gave me a book on how to write your life story, but I have a lot of sad and bad things happen in my life I wouldn’t have a lot to write. The book says you don’t have to. Enjoy your weekend.
Haha your mum sounds like my kinda lady. Although nowadays it's a lot easier just to do things with the TV on.

I actually don't write books at the moment - although I plan to in the future. I write articles and the like, as there's a higher demand for it. I'm still getting my name out there but I think I've done pretty well thus far with the limited time I've had fitting it in between working full time. I CANNOT WAIT to leave full-time work. It's such a waste of life.

What kind of work did you do before you retired?

Haha your mum sounds like my kinda lady. Although nowadays it's a lot easier just to do things with the TV on.

I actually don't write books at the moment - although I plan to in the future. I write articles and the like, as there's a higher demand for it. I'm still getting my name out there but I think I've done pretty well thus far with the limited time I've had fitting it in between working full time. I CANNOT WAIT to leave full-time work. It's such a waste of life.

What kind of work did you do before you retired?
I worked as a house maid in a big, old rambling house in the country. Didn’t last long, too remote and lonely. Then I worked in a clothing factory. After getting married and having children I worked in our local council, with senior citizens. Then I got a job as a relief receptionist at our local optometrist, that lasted 15 years. At the same time I worked in a gift shop part time. Finishing all that, I got my certificate 3 in aged care and worked there for about 5 years, til it got too much for my back. So I then did volunteer work at the local senior day care centre. So I guess I've had a variety of jobs.

I worked as a house maid in a big, old rambling house in the country. Didn’t last long, too remote and lonely. Then I worked in a clothing factory. After getting married and having children I worked in our local council, with senior citizens. Then I got a job as a relief receptionist at our local optometrist, that lasted 15 years. At the same time I worked in a gift shop part time. Finishing all that, I got my certificate 3 in aged care and worked there for about 5 years, til it got too much for my back. So I then did volunteer work at the local senior day care centre. So I guess I've had a variety of jobs.
Wow! It seems like you really have a passion for working with seniors. It really takes a lot of patience don't you think?