'Hell on Earth!': Bondi Beach video sparks outrage

Ah, Bondi Beach… truly one of Australia’s natural treasures!

With its iconic golden sand and shimmering waters, it's a popular spot to soak in the sun and make the most of spectacular ocean views.

So, naturally, when a heatwave bears down on people on a sunny weekend, Bondi Beach is exactly where thousands flock to cool off.

While some would welcome the sight as a true mark of its place in Aussie culture, others aren’t too pleased.

Case in point: A video of the beach that showed scores of beachgoers gathered on the sand and playing in the shallows recently spread like wildfire on social media.

'Oh my god, look at the people on the beach,' the man who filmed the video said.

SDC Images 3.png
Beachgoers gathered at Bondi Beach over the heatwave weekend. Image source: TikTok/@paramhans3.

He said they had tried going to three different beaches but claimed 'they all looked the same'.

The clip has been viewed around 735,000 times and was flooded with negative comments from beachgoers.

'Sydney is hell on earth,' one commented.

'Bondi Beach is Australia's biggest lie to the rest of the world,' another said.

'It's the start of spring, imagine summer,' a third said.

Other users also went ahead and squashed any notion of the crowded beach as an occasional event.

'This is a daily occurrence at Bondi, it's always this packed,' one pointed out.

'I thank myself every day for moving to Perth,' said another.

'This is why I’m glad I work weekends and have two weekdays off, no one’s at the beach,' another shared.

And a seventh shared: 'I am happy when everyone goes to Bondi. I go somewhere else and there is enough space for me.

Other users suggested travelling elsewhere and forgetting Sydney’s packed beaches, with one saying: 'I live in Sydney. Worst beaches in NSW. Go down south, not overcrowded and way more beautiful.'

While another suggested: 'Come to the mid-north coast. Whole beach to yourself and no paid parking.'

'[This is] the reason why I won't live in the city,' a third added.

Busy scenes were also witnessed at Coogee Beach over the weekend as many took advantage of the early Spring heatwave.

You can watch the full video of Bondi Beach below:

Source: TikTok/@paramhans3.

An overcrowded beach on a scorching day isn't just hellish due to the tumult and lack of personal space, it also comes with genuine health risks. When temperatures climb past the 30°C mark, and the crowds are as thick, below are the health risks every beachgoer should look out for:

First off, keep in mind the soaring danger of heatstroke. Cranking up from heat exhaustion, heatstroke can knock your socks off. As the body's temperature control system unravels, organs can be potentially damaged. Symptoms include headaches, dizziness, sickness, muscle cramps, and a rapid heartbeat. With thousands of bodies packed shoulder to shoulder under the scorching sun, the lack of escape from the heat can amplify these risks dramatically.

And then we have dehydration. It catches up with you without knowing it, especially on hot days. Too much frolicking in the sun and not ingesting enough water results in your body losing more fluids than it's taking in, leading to symptoms such as a parched mouth, tiredness, and decreased urine output. It's not just water you lose, but electrolytes, which are essential for your body's functions.

But let’s not forget about the risk of skin cancer. Australians reportedly have one of the highest skin cancer rates in the world. Two out of three Australians are prone to being diagnosed with some form of skin cancer before the age of 70.

So, being under the Sun's eye without proper protective clothing or sunscreen can amplify those chances, especially on these extremely crowded beach days.

Always avoid peak times, put on sunscreen, and hydrate well when going to the beach!
Key Takeaways
  • A video of the crowded Bondi Beach during a weekend heatwave has sparked negative reactions from Australians.
  • Users on social media slammed Bondi Beach as overrated and overcrowded.
  • The video creator reported similar crowd levels at three locations in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs.
  • Commenters suggested visiting less crowded and more beautiful beaches elsewhere, praising those in Perth and the mid-north coast.
Members, have you been to a beach as crowded as Bondi on a heatwave weekend? Share your experience with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I grew up in Coogee and the beach then was beautiful, now I live near Forster NSW and no paid parking there , and huge beaches so no crowds , I would never ever go back to living in Sydney , too many people

With its iconic golden sand and shimmering waters, it's a popular spot to soak in the sun and make the most of spectacular ocean views.

So, naturally, when a heatwave bears down on people on a sunny weekend, Bondi Beach is exactly where thousands flock to cool off.

While some would welcome the sight as a true mark of its place in Aussie culture, others aren’t too pleased.

Case in point: A video of the beach that showed scores of beachgoers gathered on the sand and playing in the shallows recently spread like wildfire on social media.

'Oh my god, look at the people on the beach,' the man who filmed the video said.

View attachment 30586
Beachgoers gathered at Bondi Beach over the heatwave weekend. Image source: TikTok/@paramhans3.

He said they had tried going to three different beaches but claimed 'they all looked the same'.

The clip has been viewed around 735,000 times and was flooded with negative comments from beachgoers.

'Bondi Beach is Australia's biggest lie to the rest of the world,' another said.

Other users also went ahead and squashed any notion of the crowded beach as an occasional event.

'This is a daily occurrence at Bondi, it's always this packed,' one pointed out.

'This is why I’m glad I work weekends and have two weekdays off, no one’s at the beach,' another shared.

And a seventh shared: 'I am happy when everyone goes to Bondi. I go somewhere else and there is enough space for me.

Other users suggested travelling elsewhere and forgetting Sydney’s packed beaches, with one saying: 'I live in Sydney. Worst beaches in NSW. Go down south, not overcrowded and way more beautiful.'

While another suggested: 'Come to the mid-north coast. Whole beach to yourself and no paid parking.'

Busy scenes were also witnessed at Coogee Beach over the weekend as many took advantage of the early Spring heatwave.

An overcrowded beach on a scorching day isn't just hellish due to the tumult and lack of personal space, it also comes with genuine health risks. When temperatures climb past the 30°C mark, and the crowds are as thick, below are the health risks every beachgoer should look out for:

First off, keep in mind the soaring danger of heatstroke. Cranking up from heat exhaustion, heatstroke can knock your socks off. As the body's temperature control system unravels, organs can be potentially damaged. Symptoms include headaches, dizziness, sickness, muscle cramps, and a rapid heartbeat. With thousands of bodies packed shoulder to shoulder under the scorching sun, the lack of escape from the heat can amplify these risks dramatically.

And then we have dehydration. It catches up with you without knowing it, especially on hot days. Too much frolicking in the sun and not ingesting enough water results in your body losing more fluids than it's taking in, leading to symptoms such as a parched mouth, tiredness, and decreased urine output. It's not just water you lose, but electrolytes, which are essential for your body's functions.

But let’s not forget about the risk of skin cancer. Australians reportedly have one of the highest skin cancer rates in the world. Two out of three Australians are prone to being diagnosed with some form of skin cancer before the age of 70.

So, being under the Sun's eye without proper protective clothing or sunscreen can amplify those chances, especially on these extremely crowded beach days.

Always avoid peak times, put on sunscreen, and hydrate well when going to the beach!
Key Takeaways

• A video of the crowded Bondi Beach during a weekend heatwave has sparked negative reactions from Australians.
  • The video creator reported similar crowd levels at three locations in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs.
  • Commenters suggested visiting less crowded and more beautiful beaches elsewhere, praising those in Perth and the mid-north coast.
Members, have you been to a beach as crowded as Bondi on a heatwave weekend? Share your experience with us in the comments below!

i have never been to bondi beach. Not likely to be there any time soon. sit in the sun, great for those pesky skin cancers to bubble away. some are so stupid.

Reactions: Granny*Deb

View attachment 30586

Key Takeaways

Yeah black rock beach in Melbourne when I was a kid it was standing room only😁

View attachment 30586

Key Takeaways

The poor darlings.Stay away, thanks.

Never been to Bondi, or any Sydney beach for that matter.
I have never been much of a beach goer. I cannot handle the bus trip to, the hot sand, crowded foreshore, washing off the salt and sand, then the hot bus trip home. Not for me.
My favourite beach pass time is after most have gone home, go to the rock pools with the kids and stick the feet in the water. Doesn't need to be a popular beach to do that.
Bring back the days when we used to run under the sprinkler at home to cool off.
It's a jungle out there.
I'm happy to keep cool in the shade and spritz myself every now and then.

Never been to Bondi, or any Sydney beach for that matter.
I have never been much of a beach goer. I cannot handle the bus trip to, the hot sand, crowded foreshore, washing off the salt and sand, then the hot bus trip home. Not for me.
My favourite beach pass time is after most have gone home, go to the rock pools with the kids and stick the feet in the water. Doesn't need to be a popular beach to do that.
Bring back the days when we used to run under the sprinkler at home to cool off.
It's a jungle out there.
I'm happy to keep cool in the shade and spritz myself every now and then.
The worst thing about the beach was getting sand in your bather bottoms😹

View attachment 30586

Key Takeaways

What do you expect in a major city like Sydney millions in population small beaches ⛱ drive north or south and find a different beach ⛱ or a river 🤔 hmmmm an't rocket 🚀 science

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Bondi Beach is full of tourist. I often do the Bondi to Coogee walk it's amazing .

Better beaches a little further on.

If they think Bondi is bad now you should see it Xmas day it's where all the tourists spend Xmas and alot of English people.
And New years .

I never drive always catch a bus from central to Bondi.

I'm heading there tomorrow for a spray tan

I live bush so I don't care

View attachment 30586

Key Takeaways

I was a happy upper Northshore Sydneysider but I'm happy to call Queensland home now. I live where people wish to come on holidays. Beautiful beaches right up the Nth Queensland way, tropic of Capricorn, Hervey Bay Bundaberg, Sunshine Coast, Beautiful Bribie Island then Redland Bay lastly the Goldy. Try us, you'll love us

Reactions: Senor

View attachment 30586

Key Takeaways

Yes, I think that most well-known beaches have large crowds in the warm or hot weather.

Reactions: Littleboy8