Heinz put an end to the tomato sauce storage debate—here's their verdict!

Have you ever wondered about the perfect spot to store your beloved tomato sauce? Should it chill out in the fridge, kick back on the kitchen counter, or cosy up in the pantry?

Well, worry no more because Heinz, the renowned international company, has swooped in to save the day and put an end to this saucy dilemma that has perplexed cooks and homeowners alike.

So, without any more suspense, where does tomato sauce truly belong? Keep reading to unveil the juicy secret!

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 8.06.40 AM.png
Do you keep your tomato sauce in the pantry, on the bench or in the fridge? Credit: Unsplash/Introspective Design.

Heinz, the trusty creators of the condiment, have decided to put an end to the tomato sauce storage mystery, revealing the perfect spot to maintain that classic tomatoey flavour we all cherish.

This saucy revelation occurred on social media, where enthusiastic followers flocked to participate, posing intriguing questions and sharing their secret storage spots for the precious tomato sauce.

Leave it to Heinz to stir up the excitement by launching a clever poll, encouraging their fans to cast their votes for the ideal storage location. What started as a simple question soon transformed into a lively discussion, keeping everyone engaged.

With an air of confidence, Heinz boldly proclaimed, 'It must be... in the fridge!'

But just like adding a pinch of salt to a robust tomato sauce, this declaration stirred up a blend of reactions among the crowd. Curiosity was piqued, and fans eagerly awaited the final verdict.

After meticulously counting over 2,500 votes, it turned out the outcome was a near-even split, leaving Heinz in a bit of a pickle. But fear not, tomato sauce enthusiasts, for Heinz has at least brought this savoury debate into the spotlight, ensuring that the great tomato sauce storage conundrum continues to simmer.

'There was only ever one correct answer, and we're happy to share with Heinz Tomato Ketchup lovers that [tomato sauce] has to be in the fridge,' Heinz spokesperson Olivia Lennon told a news outlet.

'We're aware many Heinz Tomato Ketchup fans have been storing their tomato sauce in the cupboard, but we recommend refrigeration after opening. This is the best way to maintain the delicious tangy taste of our Heinz Tomato Ketchup that you know and love.'

The Heinz UK Twitter account also proved to have a sassy side, expertly juggling quirk and wit, responding to passionate fans who felt strongly about the sauce-y debate.

One witty Twitter user queried, 'Not beside my pillow?'

To which Heinz responded with a tongue-in-cheek, 'Second best place to keep it.'

Of course, the question on everyone's lips was addressed, 'So why is it on the shelves in supermarkets & shops then?'

To that, Heinz shot back with a pointed question of their own, 'Where do you keep your soft drinks, Dave?'

The thread grew heated with a third die-hard asserting: 'Never, ever has it ever gone in my fridge, nor anybody else's.' Heinz, maintaining their cool, retorted with a lighthearted, 'It does, and they do. Case (fridge) closed.'

However, a couple of tomato sauce aficionados agreed with Heinz's ultimate judgement, saying that the product needs to be chilled.

A wise one among them raised the appraisal, 'Of course it does. After opening, is this controversial?' to which Heinz responded, 'We started something… It has been a wild ride.'

Key Takeaways

• Heinz has finally settled the age-old debate about whether tomato sauce should be kept in the pantry, on the bench or in the fridge.
  • The brand confirmed that its tomato sauce should be kept in the fridge to maintain its taste.
  • This statement sparked further debate online, with many questioning why the product is stored on supermarket shelves.
  • Despite Heinz's recommendation, the poll results showed that storage preferences for tomato sauce are nearly split down the middle.

Members, if you've been keeping your sauce out, it's time to find a prime space in your fridge! So what do you think? Do you agree that tomato sauce should be in the fridge? Where are you storing yours? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
I guess I wouldn't be the best one to ask, because strangely enough I keep tomato sauce, barbecue sauce and soy sauce in the pantry, but mustard, relish, pickles, oyster sauce and jam are in the fridge! I know my Mum used to keep all sauces and jams in the pantry, fridges were smaller back then!

My Grandmother always kept hers in the fridge on the door, so I continued this.
I keep tomato, BBQ sauce, mustard , oyster and hoisin sauce in the fridge
I keep everything else eg soya sauce, worstershire sauce in the pantry

Reactions: Gsr
We have a couple of fridges so a lot of stuff goes into them, sauces, jams , eggs, onions, potatoes, and into the freezer goes flour, dried fruit etc. I do get the odd comment.

Reactions: Gsr and Bridgit
Have you ever wondered about the perfect spot to store your beloved tomato sauce? Should it chill out in the fridge, kick back on the kitchen counter, or cosy up in the pantry?

Well, worry no more because Heinz, the renowned international company, has swooped in to save the day and put an end to this saucy dilemma that has perplexed cooks and homeowners alike.

So, without any more suspense, where does tomato sauce truly belong? Keep reading to unveil the juicy secret!

View attachment 24008
Do you keep your tomato sauce in the pantry, on the bench or in the fridge? Credit: Unsplash/Introspective Design.

Heinz, the trusty creators of the condiment, have decided to put an end to the tomato sauce storage mystery, revealing the perfect spot to maintain that classic tomatoey flavour we all cherish.

This saucy revelation occurred on social media, where enthusiastic followers flocked to participate, posing intriguing questions and sharing their secret storage spots for the precious tomato sauce.

Leave it to Heinz to stir up the excitement by launching a clever poll, encouraging their fans to cast their votes for the ideal storage location. What started as a simple question soon transformed into a lively discussion, keeping everyone engaged.

With an air of confidence, Heinz boldly proclaimed, 'It must be... in the fridge!'

But just like adding a pinch of salt to a robust tomato sauce, this declaration stirred up a blend of reactions among the crowd. Curiosity was piqued, and fans eagerly awaited the final verdict.

After meticulously counting over 2,500 votes, it turned out the outcome was a near-even split, leaving Heinz in a bit of a pickle. But fear not, tomato sauce enthusiasts, for Heinz has at least brought this savoury debate into the spotlight, ensuring that the great tomato sauce storage conundrum continues to simmer.

'There was only ever one correct answer, and we're happy to share with Heinz Tomato Ketchup lovers that [tomato sauce] has to be in the fridge,' Heinz spokesperson Olivia Lennon told a news outlet.

'We're aware many Heinz Tomato Ketchup fans have been storing their tomato sauce in the cupboard, but we recommend refrigeration after opening. This is the best way to maintain the delicious tangy taste of our Heinz Tomato Ketchup that you know and love.'

The Heinz UK Twitter account also proved to have a sassy side, expertly juggling quirk and wit, responding to passionate fans who felt strongly about the sauce-y debate.

To which Heinz responded with a tongue-in-cheek, 'Second best place to keep it.'

Of course, the question on everyone's lips was addressed, 'So why is it on the shelves in supermarkets & shops then?'

To that, Heinz shot back with a pointed question of their own, 'Where do you keep your soft drinks, Dave?'

The thread grew heated with a third die-hard asserting: 'Never, ever has it ever gone in my fridge, nor anybody else's.' Heinz, maintaining their cool, retorted with a lighthearted, 'It does, and they do. Case (fridge) closed.'

However, a couple of tomato sauce aficionados agreed with Heinz's ultimate judgement, saying that the product needs to be chilled.

A wise one among them raised the appraisal, 'Of course it does. After opening, is this controversial?' to which Heinz responded, 'We started something… It has been a wild ride.'

Key Takeaways

• Heinz has finally settled the age-old debate about whether tomato sauce should be kept in the pantry, on the bench or in the fridge.
  • The brand confirmed that its tomato sauce should be kept in the fridge to maintain its taste.
  • This statement sparked further debate online, with many questioning why the product is stored on supermarket shelves.
  • Despite Heinz's recommendation, the poll results showed that storage preferences for tomato sauce are nearly split down the middle.

Members, if you've been keeping your sauce out, it's time to find a prime space in your fridge! So what do you think? Do you agree that tomato sauce should be in the fridge? Where are you storing yours? Let us know in the comments below!

View attachment 24008

Key Takeaways

Mines in the cupboard use it almost every day so if you decant sauce into a smaller bottle does that mean the other 1 or two litres left has to go in the fridge too so less room for food 🤔 to put it on 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Gsr
Have always kept all my sauces in the cupboard, hasn’t hurt me yet. If I put everything in the fridge that says “refrigerate after opening” I would need a commercial sized fridge.

Reactions: Thecheesequeen

View attachment 24008

Key Takeaways

Yair, I guess that I trust fings more, and they keep longer in the frig. Remember the ice block and iceman days?

Where do people think sauces were kept before refrigeration? We didn’t have a fridge in our home when I was growing up; where did we keep things - in the pantry! Sauces are full sugar, salt and vinegar, all of which are preservatives. Hasn’t harmed me or my family so far.

Once tomato sauce is opened, I keep it in the door fridge. I guess if you live in a colder climate it would be okay, but not in a humid climate.

View attachment 24008

Key Takeaways

Definately in fridge if opened and of course you keep it on shelf if unopened! It’s not rocket science is it!why are some people so moronic?🙀

On nbc today are having a debate about storing tomato sauce wierd coincidence!🙀