Heavenly chocolate mousse recipe with only ONE ingredient

Chocolate is just one of those things that always hits the spot. Whether it's in the form of a cake, a bar, a milkshake or a fancy golden wrapped coin, that sweet melt in your mouth flavour is a surefire way to make you feel good.

We know that feeling all too well; that’s why we’re sharing with you a recipe for a mouthwatering chocolate mousse that makes use of only one ingredient! (Yes, you heard it right, only one ingredient.)

So, grab your favourite chocolate bar and prepare to dive into a dreamy confection!

G1weQ3mNU_BaF2LexRSIvUD1hZy53W-64TsuKM9bkvHYSA4n8acX0Sq0EJJyzd5Ag5vMgZvBpgcXbFVRJZapVdgfH0dLSkr1dyPTu3UMgHkZH8L27TBQbaoaCPCdLtBubURgR_he

Amy only used one block of her favourite chocolate to make the delicious chocolate mousse. Credit: TikTok/@amyleeactive.

This one-ingredient chocolate mousse recipe was shared by Melbourne-based fitness instructor Amy on her TikTok page.

She highlighted how easy it is to make the recipe, needing only a few blocks of your favourite, quality chocolate and a few cups of water.

For those with that extra sweet tooth like us, she suggests that 2% milk will offer an even richer and creamier experience.

Amy begins by chopping her preferred chocolate blocks into tiny bite-sized pieces. She notes that for best results, it’s good to use chocolate that has a cocoa content of 60% or more. To cut down on the unhealthiness, she suggests using sugar-free chocolate. For this specific recipe, she used Darrell Lea Milk Chocolate.

Then, she places the finely cut pieces into a heatproof bowl and slowly pours around three-quarter cups of boiling water on top. She whisked until the chocolate blocks are completely melted and the mixture resembles ‘thickened cream’.

After that, she places the bowl on top of an ice bath (ice and water on a bowl) to cool the mixture down.

While cooling, she whips the mixture with an electric whisk (you can also use an immersion blender) until it becomes thick and lighter in colour. The process usually takes around eight to ten minutes, or until you achieve a mousse-like consistency.

Amy warns against overmixing as the mixture may become too grainy. You can save this by adding a few more drops of water. She also mentions avoiding leaving the mixture on top of the iced water for too long as it may harden the chocolate mix.

Once done, serve the mixture immediately by scoping it into a bowl or piping it into a dessert glass. Amy tops hers with shaved dark chocolate and added strawberries.

The delicious recipe went viral on the social media platform, receiving over 1.7M views and 232.9K likes since posting.

Many users and fellow fitness enthusiasts were shocked at how easy and healthy the recipe is.

“This is AMAZING; my family were shocked when I made this! [The mousse] is so much healthier than normal mousse,” wrote one person.

Another added: “Thank you so much. I hate messing around with eggs!”

Are you looking to give this recipe a try? Or do you have a healthy and easy alternative to a typically unhealthy snack? Let us know down below!

Sponsored
If I made it using a block of chocolate, it would be too easy to consume the light and fluffy dessert in one go. It would be so yummy.
I would find it hard to call that healthy.
I couldn't eat a whole block of chocolate in one go.
Won't stop me trying it, though.

Early in the article she said a few cups of water. Later she said three-quarter cups of water. Help. How much do we actually use?

Reactions: Ricci
I actually counted about 5 or 6 ingredients.... Chocolate, water hot & chilled, strawberry, shaved dark chocolate.. ice? :D

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci