Have you tried Woolworths’ new fairy bread hot cross buns yet?

Woolworths has recently launched a new product that's causing quite a stir among shoppers.

The new offering? Fairy Bread Hot Cross Buns. This limited edition treat has been flying off the shelves since its release, with nostalgic foodies across the country raving about the unique flavour.

The Fairy Bread Hot Cross Buns, priced at $5 for a four-pack, are a delightful twist on the traditional Easter treat.

Each bun is adorned with a layer of pink icing and comes with a packet of 100s and 1000s for customers to sprinkle on themselves. The result is a fun, colourful, delicious treat described as 'nostalgic', 'pretty', and 'delectable'.

Screenshot 2024-01-02 083652.png
Woolworths launched Fairy Bread Hot Cross Buns for $5 for a four-pack. Credit: Woolworths

One satisfied shopper took to social media to express her delight, stating, 'This is my favourite flavour yet. I'm obsessed with it. I need to go back and buy more.'

Another customer echoed these sentiments, saying, 'Not only are these delicious, but they look so pretty. I love the pink and the burst of colour from the funfetti.'

The Fairy Bread Hot Cross Buns have received glowing reviews from customers nationwide.

One shopper declared, 'Woolies popped off with these. I believe in Fairy Bread supremacy, so this is a ten out of ten.'

Another customer shared their unique way of enjoying the buns, saying, 'I added some Biscoff instead of butter and sprinkled the 100s and 1000s on top—delectable.'

The popularity of the fairy bread hot cross buns has been so immense that some customers have been left disappointed after finding the buns sold out in their local Woolworths.

However, this hasn't stopped them from getting creative. One man shared, 'I couldn't find the Fairy Bread buns, so I bought normal fruit hot cross buns, buttered them, and dipped [them] in sprinkles. It's actually fantastic!'

Another customer expressed excitement, saying, 'So nostalgic! I want to cry with happiness.' Meanwhile, a mother shared, 'I need to buy some of these during my next shop. My kids will love them.'

While the fairy bread hot cross buns are a novelty, they're not the only unique flavour available at Woolworths. The supermarket chain also offers Brioche Cadbury Chocolate, Indulgent Cadbury Mocha Hot Cross Buns, and a customer favourite, Cadbury Caramilk Hot Cross Buns, along with more traditional flavours.

Here’s a video featuring this popular item:

Hot cross buns are a traditional Easter treat, typically eaten on Good Friday. They are sweet, spiced buns made with currants or raisins and marked with a cross on the top.

In recent years, hot cross buns have evolved beyond the traditional recipe. Supermarkets and bakeries now offer a variety of flavours, from chocolate to apple and cinnamon, and now, fairy bread.

The Fairy Bread Hot Cross Buns from Woolworths are a fun and modern take on this traditional treat.

So, whether you're a traditionalist or a novelty flavour fan, why not try these fairy bread hot cross buns? They're available now in Woolworths stores and online across Australia.

But hurry, they're a limited edition treat and won't be around forever!

Key Takeaways
  • Woolworths Australia has introduced a new limited edition fairy bread hot cross bun, sparking nostalgia among shoppers.
  • These special hot cross buns are sold for $5 for a four-pack and come with pink icing and 100s and 1000s to add yourself.
  • Shoppers have been giving the fairy bread hot cross buns rave reviews, with many describing it as 'nostalgic', 'pretty', and 'delectable'.
  • Due to high demand, some customers have resorted to creating their versions when they couldn't find the fairy bread buns in stores, while others anticipate trying them out for nostalgia.

Have you tried the Fairy Bread Hot Cross Buns yet? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
Hot Cross buns traditionally are eaten on Good Friday. Selling & buying them from Boxing Day is an offence against Christian tradition. Sell the buns at any time without the cross should be the way to go. The cross doesn’t alter the taste - it’s just flour & water. Why do our Christian icons continue to be rubbished? Christians are always being asked not to offend others so why may others offend Christians?
Yes, so true, Heaven help us if we upset some other cultures traditions.
The trouble is Christians are probably buying them as well, can't help themselves.

Reactions: Littleboy8
Woolworths has recently launched a new product that's causing quite a stir among shoppers.

The new offering? Fairy Bread Hot Cross Buns. This limited edition treat has been flying off the shelves since its release, with nostalgic foodies across the country raving about the unique flavour.

The Fairy Bread Hot Cross Buns, priced at $5 for a four-pack, are a delightful twist on the traditional Easter treat.

Each bun is adorned with a layer of pink icing and comes with a packet of 100s and 1000s for customers to sprinkle on themselves. The result is a fun, colourful, delicious treat described as 'nostalgic', 'pretty', and 'delectable'.

View attachment 38456
Woolworths launched Fairy Bread Hot Cross Buns for $5 for a four-pack. Credit: Woolworths

One satisfied shopper took to social media to express her delight, stating, 'This is my favourite flavour yet. I'm obsessed with it. I need to go back and buy more.'

Another customer echoed these sentiments, saying, 'Not only are these delicious, but they look so pretty. I love the pink and the burst of colour from the funfetti.'

The Fairy Bread Hot Cross Buns have received glowing reviews from customers nationwide.

One shopper declared, 'Woolies popped off with these. I believe in Fairy Bread supremacy, so this is a ten out of ten.'

Another customer shared their unique way of enjoying the buns, saying, 'I added some Biscoff instead of butter and sprinkled the 100s and 1000s on top—delectable.'

The popularity of the fairy bread hot cross buns has been so immense that some customers have been left disappointed after finding the buns sold out in their local Woolworths.

However, this hasn't stopped them from getting creative. One man shared, 'I couldn't find the Fairy Bread buns, so I bought normal fruit hot cross buns, buttered them, and dipped [them] in sprinkles. It's actually fantastic!'

Another customer expressed excitement, saying, 'So nostalgic! I want to cry with happiness.' Meanwhile, a mother shared, 'I need to buy some of these during my next shop. My kids will love them.'

While the fairy bread hot cross buns are a novelty, they're not the only unique flavour available at Woolworths. The supermarket chain also offers Brioche Cadbury Chocolate, Indulgent Cadbury Mocha Hot Cross Buns, and a customer favourite, Cadbury Caramilk Hot Cross Buns, along with more traditional flavours.

Here’s a video featuring this popular item:

Hot cross buns are a traditional Easter treat, typically eaten on Good Friday. They are sweet, spiced buns made with currants or raisins and marked with a cross on the top.

In recent years, hot cross buns have evolved beyond the traditional recipe. Supermarkets and bakeries now offer a variety of flavours, from chocolate to apple and cinnamon, and now, fairy bread.

The Fairy Bread Hot Cross Buns from Woolworths are a fun and modern take on this traditional treat.

So, whether you're a traditionalist or a novelty flavour fan, why not try these fairy bread hot cross buns? They're available now in Woolworths stores and online across Australia.

But hurry, they're a limited edition treat and won't be around forever!

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths Australia has introduced a new limited edition fairy bread hot cross bun, sparking nostalgia among shoppers.
  • These special hot cross buns are sold for $5 for a four-pack and come with pink icing and 100s and 1000s to add yourself.
  • Shoppers have been giving the fairy bread hot cross buns rave reviews, with many describing it as 'nostalgic', 'pretty', and 'delectable'.
  • Due to high demand, some customers have resorted to creating their versions when they couldn't find the fairy bread buns in stores, while others anticipate trying them out for nostalgia.

Have you tried the Fairy Bread Hot Cross Buns yet? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below.

Today I saw Coles branded Vegemite and Cheese Hot Cross buns. Has anybody tried them? I haven't

S.r. Watch viceland they are showing the Indian pacific the full journey they do this a lot and the other train journey you want to do also.😊
What Chanel is that on ?

My daughters are trying to talk me into going to Europe with them.

Hubby wants to do a European river cruise .

and I want to do two train trips , first in on the Indian Pacific from Sydney to Perth then on The Ghan from Uluru to Adelaide

What Chanel is that on ?

and I want to do two train trips , first in on the Indian Pacific from Sydney to Perth then on The Ghan from Uluru to Adelaide
I think it’s sbsviceland they are always showing it but I never know what time it was on this morning about 11.00 I think.
What Chanel is that on ?

i think it’s sbs Viceland they show it quite often I wouldn’t do it cos I’d get bored and just get blotto. It’s not cheap either.😊

What Chanel is that on ?

In W.A. Suzanne rose it is shown as being telecast tomorrow, Thursday Jan. 4th on SBS VICELAND @. 12.20 pm to 3.15 pm. This time will be different for Eastern States viewers l guess due to the time difference.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I have last year they are yummy but only if you like cheese and vegemite together of course.😍and they are not overly sweet.
Regularly have Vegemite & cheese on bread, good as a toasted sandwich too.
Otherwise combinations are cheese & jam on bread, peanut paste & honey on bread.

Regularly have Vegemite & cheese on bread, good as a toasted sandwich too.
Otherwise combinations are cheese & jam on bread, peanut paste & honey on bread.
Your my new best eating buddy 😋 all my fav combos.🤣

Reactions: Ezzy
All about marketing now - how many of us celebrate 12 days of Christmas and relax at the end of a busy year? Most people rush around and cram it into one day, then (because of marketing) rush out for the "sales", pull their decorations down on the 27th, take off on a crowded holiday in their caravan, and then complain that Easter and back to school is coming. It only is because the lemmings fall for the tactic of marketing the next "event" and the corporates know this.

As for me, I am still relaxing after a lovely Christmas (today is the 11th day), I haven't been to the shops and I take my tree and lights down calmly on Saturday - we just need to slow down as the spirit is lost in the rush. Easter is not even a micro thought. I still have some Christmas cake left.

As for the buns - yuck, just give me the traditional ones please!

Reactions: Ezzy and Littleboy8