Have You Been Using Cling Wrap Wrong Your Whole Life? This Mum's Tip Is Game-Changing

One of the most common kitchen frustrations is struggling to find the end of the cling wrap roll when trying to wrap a sandwich or cover a bowl of leftovers – especially when you’re in a rush.

But never fear, we’re here to remind you of a tip for using cling wrap that was shared by an insightful young mum on social media.

Beck Zemek, a 29-year-old former reality TV star, shared a video on her Instagram account explaining her innovative solution to this everyday nuisance.

'Someone told me they didn't know this, so here I am about to change your life,' she said in the video.

She started by demonstrating how the cling wrap roll usually falls out of the box whenever it's pulled.

big-roll-wound-white-transparent-260nw-1380863036.jpg copy.png
Scrabbling around for the end of the cling wrap roll is one of the most daunting tasks. Credit: Shutterstock.

To prevent this, she simply pushed in the tabs located on each side of the cling wrap box, keeping the roll securely in place.

But that's not all – she revealed the same trick works for aluminium foil rolls too.

'Guess what? It's on your foil too. Check it out,' Zemek said.

a4b9bf5eb560ea719e41691c0a4f3a3bd7387c4c.jpg

Locate the tabs on each side of the cling wrap box and push them inwards until they lock the roll in place. Credit: Beck Zemek.

The clever tip left many people astonished and grateful.

One person commented, ‘I only learnt about this today!’

'Genius!' another praised.

A third chimed in: ‘This is a game-changer. Why don't we learn this in school?!'

It should be noted, however, that cling wrap is a popular kitchen item that helps store and transport food, but it poses a huge problem for the environment since it is hard to recycle and can harm wildlife.

In recent years, consumers have become more conscious about their plastic use and its environmental impact.

This has increased demand for sustainable alternatives to cling wrap as people strive to reduce their plastic waste and minimise their carbon footprint.

As a result, manufacturers have responded with various eco-friendly options that are reusable, biodegradable, and compostable.

So, if you’re looking for alternatives to cling wrap, we recommend checking out this article, where we shared some suggestions, including beeswax wraps, silicone lids, and reusable containers.

Key Takeaways
  • A young mum recently shared a game-changing tip for using cling wrap by pushing in the tabs on each side of the box to keep the roll securely in place.
  • The same trick can also be applied to aluminium foil rolls.
  • Many people found the tip helpful and expressed gratitude for the clever solution.
  • Due to increasing concerns about the environmental impact of cling wrap, eco-friendly alternatives like beeswax wraps, silicone lids, and reusable containers are becoming more popular.

So, there you have it, folks! Do you know about this cling wrap tip before? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Yes totally agree it's not s discovery when the box has the tabs to be pushed in and as one member's post here said her box even has the instructions on it. God forbid if the instructions were actually read on things.

I get a little tired of and disappointed in the expectation schools are responsible to teach kids everything. How about home and society start taking back responsibility for teaching kids. Any one high school teacher has the student maybe 4 hours in a week. Which subject then takes the responsibility for teaching whatever and not every student takes that subject. So much keeps infiltrating the high school curriculums that used to be taught at home, leaving less time for the actual curriculum so to speak and then society blames the school for not spending enough time on the curriculum. It's a catch 22. All I can suggest is - Step up people.

What's the old saying- "it takes a village to raise a child".

Reactions: Zemo
If you're not sure how something works best, go and ask your grandparents, they've been doing it for years. Unless it's something technical then ask your grandchildren.

Are you serious. It says how to do it on the box.
Maybe she wasn't taught to read in skule. Instead, she was probably too busy learning about the new definitions of "girl" and "boy", whether to sit down or not to pee and how not to use the pronouns "he, she, him, her, et cetera".

Last edited:
One of the most common kitchen frustrations is struggling to find the end of the cling wrap roll when trying to wrap a sandwich or cover a bowl of leftovers – especially when you’re in a rush.

But never fear, we’re here to remind you of a tip for using cling wrap that was shared by an insightful young mum on social media.

Beck Zemek, a 29-year-old former reality TV star, shared a video on her Instagram account explaining her innovative solution to this everyday nuisance.

'Someone told me they didn't know this, so here I am about to change your life,' she said in the video.

She started by demonstrating how the cling wrap roll usually falls out of the box whenever it's pulled.

View attachment 16732
Scrabbling around for the end of the cling wrap roll is one of the most daunting tasks. Credit: Shutterstock.

To prevent this, she simply pushed in the tabs located on each side of the cling wrap box, keeping the roll securely in place.

But that's not all – she revealed the same trick works for aluminium foil rolls too.

Locate the tabs on each side of the cling wrap box and push them inwards until they lock the roll in place. Credit: Beck Zemek.

A third chimed in: ‘This is a game-changer. Why don't we learn this in school?!'

It should be noted, however, that cling wrap is a popular kitchen item that helps store and transport food, but it poses a huge problem for the environment since it is hard to recycle and can harm wildlife.

In recent years, consumers have become more conscious about their plastic use and its environmental impact.

This has increased demand for sustainable alternatives to cling wrap as people strive to reduce their plastic waste and minimise their carbon footprint.

As a result, manufacturers have responded with various eco-friendly options that are reusable, biodegradable, and compostable.

So, if you’re looking for alternatives to cling wrap, we recommend checking out this article, where we shared some suggestions, including beeswax wraps, silicone lids, and reusable containers.

Key Takeaways

• A young mum recently shared a game-changing tip for using cling wrap by pushing in the tabs on each side of the box to keep the roll securely in place.
  • Many people found the tip helpful and expressed gratitude for the clever solution.
  • Due to increasing concerns about the environmental impact of cling wrap, eco-friendly alternatives like beeswax wraps, silicone lids, and reusable containers are becoming more popular.

So, there you have it, folks! Do you know about this cling wrap tip before? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Thank-you for sharing, but isn't this common knowledge? So-called 'Influencers' and other geniuses keep reinventing the wheel for their own benefit.

I know how to use soap so that you never waste any, but I presume everyone knows that trick. So I don't try to start a social media storm by sharing what I think is obvious.

Reactions: Penny4 and Zemo
Thank-you for sharing, but isn't this common knowledge? So-called 'Influencers' and other geniuses keep reinventing the wheel for their own benefit.

I know how to use soap so that you never waste any, but I presume everyone knows that trick. So I don't try to start a social media storm by sharing what I think is obvious.
Hear, bloody, hear! And how I wish the people at SDC would drop words like "game-changing", "frustrating", "amazing" ad nauseam from their vocabulary. Or are they reading too many No Ideas and Woman's Dazes and think these peurile postings are brain fodder for the over-the-hillers?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mikeyboy2012

View attachment 16732

Key Takeaways

I have been doing this for many many years! I showed my adult children many years ago how to do this when they first moved away from home. Cannot believe how many people DIDN’T know! 😊

Reactions: Zemo
Words fail me. This isn't a 'life changing' hack that Bec Zemek discovered. And it's certainly not 'genius'. It's not only been common knowledge for years but every wanna be 'influencer' has been all over social media for the last year claiming to have discovered this 'hack'. She must really be hard pressed to find things for her social media platform.
And as usual they have to put their face into the frame! It's got nothing to do with a "hack" but more for self-indulgent look-at-me attitude.

Reactions: Jennie and Zemo
We don't learn this in school because they don't teach anything but dribble in school anymore.
Do they still Home Science I think it was called, or is it called How to not do anything yourself anymore.
You got it there Dave - Gen Y & Gen Z do not know how to boil water - unless it comes from Uber-eats or their ilk, the poor little darlings would starve!

Reactions: Jennie and Zemo
The best comment I have heard in years is by a reader
“why don’t they teach this in school”

My sentiments exactly. I would rather know something useful like this than how to know the element sign for Zinc
Or having to learn the logarithm tables.

I use a wrap master for plastic which I am using less as the years roll on and as far as foil goes usually no problem pulling out and shearing off what I need.