HASSLE-FREE cleaning hack for air fryers REVEALED by TikTok user

If you own an air fryer and you catch yourself constantly dreading the cleaning process, don't worry, you are not alone. Airfryer owners are losing it over this TikTok clip which reveals a hack for cleaning this popular kitchen gadget.

TikTok user @TanyaHomeInspo revealed her "genius" way of removing grime from the cooking appliance without the hassle of scrubbing.

In the now-viral TikTok clip, which has amassed 3.5 million views, Tanya reveals that all you need to clean the kitchenware is a little bit of washing liquid and water.

Credit: TikTok/@TanyaHomeInspo

“This hack is literally genius,” she says in the clip.

She began the cleaning process by taking out the drawer and pouring a dash of dishwashing liquid onto it.

Next, she added a bit of water before locking the drawer back into the air fryer.

She then set the timer at three minutes to heat.

After three minutes, she rinsed the dirty water out of the drawer and tipped it into the sink.

The result of the hassle-free cleaning? A squeaky clean air fryer drawer that looks brand new!

Thousands of TikTok users commented on the post, claiming that the hack actually works after trying it for themselves.

One user wrote: “Just done this. Worked so well couldn’t believe it.”

“Thanks for the tip; this might come in handy one day. I typically line the bottom with foil for easy clean-up,” another added.

A third wrote: “Ooohh yesss cleaning the air fryer is my WORST job.”

To_UsK8RqMbJM0E2TueDx8ytdsZVx2FKE5jQIiUMmppOr5DieAjL0ZbqDWqzLNn7nPlRqKT6tjiJ73OXElwoLOYnbMScieYJ50NeDKZXZIBRadYcKTsd-c5aSPip76P5abXjrnY
i4SR2UYEa7sLL842RbDnyGnKRu_UZWjY8np3noEDT3bIDBnVMZQn2uz2AO6bBGGa2EkXwYUA1NRNgtN4CoW8dRcCeLohUdq237Cfu8XfrdNNs_J9kjqiFSopZDrDa9562Il3GHM

TikTok user @tanyahomeinspo said that you only need liquid dishwashing soap and water to clean grime build-up in your air fryer. Credit: TikTok/@tanyahomeinspo.
Another TikTok user said that she uses the hack for pans, writing "Boil water for a few minutes and it separates easier than endless scrubbing or using a metal scrunchie.”

However, other users said that lining the drawer with foil to prevent grime build-up is easier than doing the hack.

A number of commenters also pointed out that not all air fryers are the same.

Tanya replied to these claims saying that she encourages "everyone to read their manual" before trying the hack.

A category expert at Appliances Online, Colin Jones, said that while it is possible to use hot water in an air fryer when cleaning it with a sponge, manufacturers did not specifically indicate that you can place water and detergent inside the device and then turn it on for cleaning.

“Each air fryer is sealed differently, so if you place water and detergent into the air fryer and turn it on, the fan inside could push the water into other parts of the appliance, depending on how it’s sealed and could potentially impact its performance going forward.”

The expert also said that in general, manufacturers advise that the easiest way to clean the inside of an air fryer is by pouring hot water onto it and scrubbing it with a non-abrasive sponge.

“Alternatively, some air fryers can have their accessories placed into the dishwasher, however, refer to your manual for the best cleaning practices and results.”

The technology of air fryers is meant to reduce the amount of oils and fats and collect them down the bottom so "it should be easy to clean out," according to the expert.

Will you give this cleaning hack a go? Tell us in the comments below.

• Sad
Reactions: Alfonso
Sponsored
I am now just trying this for the first time. I normally just put it in the dishwasher. So this will be an interesting process. My air fryer looks to have come up amazing. Thanks.

No problem cleaning my basket....just put in sink of soapy water and use a non abrasive sponge every time I use the air fryer.....easy peasy. Don't know what the problem is peoples.:rolleyes::sneaky:

Reactions: WendyP and Pheenie
I always line my air fryer with baking paper and voila no washing up. It also works with my George Forman grill.

Reactions: WendyP
Whom was the Genius that cleans with a steel wool pad. Be lucky if the Fryer pot/basket last a month, The non stick coating works just fine if your not in a big hurry, A bit of warm soapy water and cloth always works if you give it a few minutes. The boiling detergents is another stupid idea. As pointed out the unit works on circulation of hot air and your going to using steaming detergent. Do you then wash that off. What about the areas you cant get to. The manufacturer does not recommend any of the above ideas. Very misleading and in my view not clever at. Wonder if all this good idea craze will void warranty.

Alfonso

If you own an air fryer and you catch yourself constantly dreading the cleaning process, don't worry, you are not alone. Airfryer owners are losing it over this TikTok clip which reveals a hack for cleaning this popular kitchen gadget.

TikTok user @TanyaHomeInspo revealed her "genius" way of removing grime from the cooking appliance without the hassle of scrubbing.

In the now-viral TikTok clip, which has amassed 3.5 million views, Tanya reveals that all you need to clean the kitchenware is a little bit of washing liquid and water.

Credit: TikTok/@TanyaHomeInspo

“This hack is literally genius,” she says in the clip.

She began the cleaning process by taking out the drawer and pouring a dash of dishwashing liquid onto it.

Next, she added a bit of water before locking the drawer back into the air fryer.

She then set the timer at three minutes to heat.

After three minutes, she rinsed the dirty water out of the drawer and tipped it into the sink.

The result of the hassle-free cleaning? A squeaky clean air fryer drawer that looks brand new!

Thousands of TikTok users commented on the post, claiming that the hack actually works after trying it for themselves.

One user wrote: “Just done this. Worked so well couldn’t believe it.”

“Thanks for the tip; this might come in handy one day. I typically line the bottom with foil for easy clean-up,” another added.

A third wrote: “Ooohh yesss cleaning the air fryer is my WORST job.”

To_UsK8RqMbJM0E2TueDx8ytdsZVx2FKE5jQIiUMmppOr5DieAjL0ZbqDWqzLNn7nPlRqKT6tjiJ73OXElwoLOYnbMScieYJ50NeDKZXZIBRadYcKTsd-c5aSPip76P5abXjrnY
i4SR2UYEa7sLL842RbDnyGnKRu_UZWjY8np3noEDT3bIDBnVMZQn2uz2AO6bBGGa2EkXwYUA1NRNgtN4CoW8dRcCeLohUdq237Cfu8XfrdNNs_J9kjqiFSopZDrDa9562Il3GHM

TikTok user @tanyahomeinspo said that you only need liquid dishwashing soap and water to clean grime build-up in your air fryer. Credit: TikTok/@tanyahomeinspo.
Another TikTok user said that she uses the hack for pans, writing "Boil water for a few minutes and it separates easier than endless scrubbing or using a metal scrunchie.”

However, other users said that lining the drawer with foil to prevent grime build-up is easier than doing the hack.

A number of commenters also pointed out that not all air fryers are the same.

Tanya replied to these claims saying that she encourages "everyone to read their manual" before trying the hack.

A category expert at Appliances Online, Colin Jones, said that while it is possible to use hot water in an air fryer when cleaning it with a sponge, manufacturers did not specifically indicate that you can place water and detergent inside the device and then turn it on for cleaning.

“Each air fryer is sealed differently, so if you place water and detergent into the air fryer and turn it on, the fan inside could push the water into other parts of the appliance, depending on how it’s sealed and could potentially impact its performance going forward.”

The expert also said that in general, manufacturers advise that the easiest way to clean the inside of an air fryer is by pouring hot water onto it and scrubbing it with a non-abrasive sponge.

“Alternatively, some air fryers can have their accessories placed into the dishwasher, however, refer to your manual for the best cleaning practices and results.”

The technology of air fryers is meant to reduce the amount of oils and fats and collect them down the bottom so "it should be easy to clean out," according to the expert.

Will you give this cleaning hack a go? Tell us in the comments below.

Don’t do it it’s not a steam appliance put the drawer in the dish washer and wipe the rest out simple

This is a great tip! Now i just need an airfryer 🤔

My air fryer is an actual oven how do you clean that easily? Open to suggestions please cannot do without my oven

Drawer into the dishwasher or if no room wash by hand... the non stick surface is very easy to clean. As an electrician letting steam run through the machine as the hack suggests is not a good idea.