SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Suzanne rose

Suzanne rose

Jun 27, 2022
Sydney
Has Heria mesh caused you problems

I'm posting this to warn others

I had my gallbladder removed late 2019 and surgeon suggested he remove my umbical hernia( I didn't have a problem with it) as he had to go through there. He said it would be an easy procedure.

1. I woke up next day to be told gallbladder came out easy but hernia was hard and he used mesh.
2. After returning to work 6 weeks later I found whenever I bent over I felt like a razor cutting in. I went back to be told it's normal. This surgeon was very cold and didn't want to explain anything. I thought this was how surgeons were
3. I had so much ooze coming out and belly was red and crusted

Going forward..July 2020 he acknowledges there's a problem wanted to do more surgery I decided to see another surgeon

He treated me with strong antibiotics over a number of months. April 2021 he did a debridement I spent 5 days in hospital

1 year later and still green ooze coming out. In the 2 1/2 years my belly was covered due to infection . I was constantly taking keflex
May this year he removed the mesh it was found that the first surgeon had stitched the mesh to my bowel which cause a tiny leak which caused a very bad infection

He removed the mesh which was a recalled mesh 3 years b4 my original surgery. He removed my whole umbilicus, so no belly button just a huge scar. And he had to remove 8cm of abdominal wall.
I will need more surgery to put in another piece of mesh for support

The pain after last surgery was horrific

It's been 9 weeks since surgery and having alot of cramping have now found out through an ultra sound that there looks like more infection

Please before any surgery make sure your happy with surgeon and it's ok to get 2 or even 3 opions. They do make mistakes

I love working always have but for the past 15 months it has been impossible and probably won't go back to work

• Sad
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
I'm posting this to warn others

I had my gallbladder removed late 2019 and surgeon suggested he remove my umbical hernia( I didn't have a problem with it) as he had to go through there. He said it would be an easy procedure.

1. I woke up next day to be told gallbladder came out easy but hernia was hard and he used mesh.
2. After returning to work 6 weeks later I found whenever I bent over I felt like a razor cutting in. I went back to be told it's normal. This surgeon was very cold and didn't want to explain anything. I thought this was how surgeons were
3. I had so much ooze coming out and belly was red and crusted

Going forward..July 2020 he acknowledges there's a problem wanted to do more surgery I decided to see another surgeon

He treated me with strong antibiotics over a number of months. April 2021 he did a debridement I spent 5 days in hospital

1 year later and still green ooze coming out. In the 2 1/2 years my belly was covered due to infection . I was constantly taking keflex
May this year he removed the mesh it was found that the first surgeon had stitched the mesh to my bowel which cause a tiny leak which caused a very bad infection

He removed the mesh which was a recalled mesh 3 years b4 my original surgery. He removed my whole umbilicus, so no belly button just a huge scar. And he had to remove 8cm of abdominal wall.
I will need more surgery to put in another piece of mesh for support

The pain after last surgery was horrific

It's been 9 weeks since surgery and having alot of cramping have now found out through an ultra sound that there looks like more infection

Please before any surgery make sure your happy with surgeon and it's ok to get 2 or even 3 opions. They do make mistakes

I love working always have but for the past 15 months it has been impossible and probably won't go back to work
This is heartbreaking... I'm so sorry @Suzanne rose :( I wish I could extend real hugs... Thank you for being brave enough to share your story.

Reactions: Suzanne rose