SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Happy Easter!

Good afternoon, Members!

I cannot believe Easter is already here. I hope you're all having a wonderful Good Friday.

Although I will be celebrating Easter this year, the most exciting thing for me this weekend is my brothers engagement party tomorrow night! It's nothing fancy, just a few friends and family are gathering at Mum's house to celebrate my brother's engagement to his beautiful Fiancé and I cannot wait. It's going to be such a lovely afternoon of celebrations!

What are you up to this Easter long weekend? And if you aren't up to too much, I'd love to hear about your Engagement party / Wedding if you ever had one ❤️

I hope you have a lovely afternoon!

shutterstock_574844512.jpg
Exciting times are ahead! Image source: Shutterstock.

Baking s.rs apple pie and cooking soup in my new slow cooker that my sisters bought for me.😊I 💖 my family and it’s not even my birthday and eating a chocolate Easter bunny my elderly neighbour gave me.💖orangutan friendly of course so not Cadbury made.

Hi presently we are tidying the house and making last minute plans for our big family gathering on Sunday it been quite a day really to sleep in a bit and take a new look ar life now given the news on my health yesterday I have come so far I can still hardly believe it

I actually had two engagement parties. My fiance lived in Adelaide, so l went over there for our first party with her family and friends. Then she came to Melbourne for our second party with my family and friends. We couldn't all get together at the same time.

It is 75 yrs. ago today when I spent Good Friday in Jerusalem during my national service, we were on full alert in case of problems between the Arabs and Jews.

Reactions: Littleboy8
I have just had a total knee replacement, so my Easter will be doing the daily hour long exercise regime, using a mini skate board 4 5" 2 increase the bend in my knee, pedalling 4 10" 2 strengthen the legs & walking back & 4th using the walker!! In between, I have worked our how 2 prepare my brekka & make my cups of coffee in our kitchen, but my hubby makes dinner, does shopping & is always 1 step ahead thinking of ways 2 help me. He is a treasure😍

I have just had a total knee replacement, so my Easter will be doing the daily hour long exercise regime, using a mini skate board 4 5" 2 increase the bend in my knee, pedalling 4 10" 2 strengthen the legs & walking back & 4th using the walker!! In between, I have worked our how 2 prepare my brekka & make my cups of coffee in our kitchen, but my hubby makes dinner, does shopping & is always 1 step ahead thinking of ways 2 help me. He is a treasure😍
Good Luck with your recovery. I had a TKR due to a sport injury at 35 it actually was stable for 25 yrs until I slipped in a store spill and fractured my femur in 2010 and damaged my knee replacement as well. Had another revision in 2017 due to loosening, and left no bone for further revisions. So it's daily painkillers to allow me to move around.

Good Luck with your recovery and ice will be your best friend, before and after exercises. Also keep ahead of the pain, by taking any meds your prescribed, before pain starts as it definitely lessens it. Enjoy your Easter the best you can, and rest up 💕

I'm spending Easter quietly with my wonderful husband, with a 4 day break from Breast Cancer Radiation treatment. Travelling and hour drive each day for treatment has been tiring on top of Radiation tiredness, which is definitely different to normal tiredness. I continue my treatment on Tuesday through to Saturday and then have Sunday off and finish my 16 treatments on the Tuesday 9th. Hopefully I have beaten this as this is a recurrence from Breast Cancer in 2020. Early detection is important. Happy Easter everyone ❤️

I'm spending Easter quietly with my wonderful husband, with a 4 day break from Breast Cancer Radiation treatment. Travelling and hour drive each day for treatment has been tiring on top of Radiation tiredness, which is definitely different to normal tiredness. I continue my treatment on Tuesday through to Saturday and then have Sunday off and finish my 16 treatments on the Tuesday 9th. Hopefully I have beaten this as this is a recurrence from Breast Cancer in 2020. Early detection is important. Happy Easter everyone ❤️
Hope everything goes well for you.😊

Reactions: Hirst1