Ham Steaks and Pineapple

448775500_8104201016307485_2074893802287797997_n.jpg
Source: Cathy Boax / Facebook

Remember these ham steaks and pineapple? This has been a classic for decades, and it isn't complete without glaze or, if you’re feeling extra, with cheese or a cherry on top! Best made with Australian ham and pineapples, it’s a dish perfect for all seasons. Do you have any dishes that bring back memories? Share them here!

Sponsored
One of my past "fave's" in my "Young" days by mum was the good old Kraft cheddar cheese sliced up in a sauce pan with a lump of butter & milk, heated up, stirred till all melted & blended & served on toast for sunday breakie. "Welsh Rabbit".

An other great one is, where many people do the same, & is still done, is the left over or extra vegies baked with the roast dinner for the great "Bubble & Squeak" next nights meal. Especially with any left over gravy added & on hot toast. Always use butter in the pan to cook up with.

Remember them well, often had them for Sunday night dinner. Haven’t made them for many years, we must of got tired of them or another fad that faded out!!

• Love
Reactions: Seia Ibanez
happened to mention theses to a friend recently and she told me where she buys them. Had not seen them in decades!. And grilled pineapple- just yum. Have frozen them individually so I can whenever I want them.

Can’t get a decent ham steak these days they are so fatty and too salty and cut too thin they used to be lovely in a sandwich with pineapple and salad.👍