Groom left guests speechless – for all the wrong reasons

While it's true that the guests gather to witness the marriage vows, it's also common for people to pay close attention to the outfits worn by the happy couple.

Unfortunately, though, there are times when guests react negatively to the clothes chosen by a bride or groom – like in the case of one groom who was mercilessly judged for his wedding outfit!

Preparing for a wedding can be one of the biggest (and most rewarding) challenges a couple can face. However, this sentiment seems to have been forgotten by one groom who went viral for his, er, creative fashion choice.

The photo was posted in a popular Facebook group. At first glance, nothing seems to be out of place as the bride and groom leave for the reception.

The bride wore a beautiful strapless gown with a sweetheart neckline and the groom donned a black suit jacket, with a white shirt underneath and a black cowboy hat.

groom.jpg
The groom looked fine at first glance. Credit: Rene Asmussen/Pexels

But once people looked down, it was revealed that the groom was wearing denim cut-offs with brown cowboy boots. Jeans are considered too casual for a wedding, but wearing shorts seems like it’s going too far. Now, maybe there was an agreement between the pair or maybe the jean shorts fit into the theme of their wedding. We’ll never know.

But social media spectators couldn’t move past the man’s outfit choice and roasted him in the group.

‘Is he serious?’ Said one surprised person.

A second replied: ‘Judging by the uneven raggedy edges, you took cut-offs literally. That is not a vibe or aesthetic to strive for at any time, let alone your wedding.’

‘So, I thought it was jeans at first, and was like, okay, bad but not the worst. Then I saw KNEE CAPS,’ shared another.

groom2.jpg

The groom’s fashion choices shocked social media users. Credit: Facebook

‘I didn’t scroll all the way! I was wondering what was wrong until I scrolled. It’s awful,’ someone admitted.

One person shared: ‘Scrolling from the top of this photo to the bottom made me feel like I was in a car accident.’

A third said that at least the groom’s hat is black and looks nice.
Key Takeaways

• A groom has been heavily criticised for his wedding attire choice, which featured denim cut-off shorts with brown cowboy boots.
  • People were shocked by his decision and flooded the comment section with their outrage, saying that it was not an appropriate look for a wedding.
  • Jeans are typically considered too casual for a wedding, and the groom looked notably out of place standing next to a bride in a white dress.
Do you agree that this was a poor fashion choice or just a quirky part of a wedding? As they say, different strokes for different folks. Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Sponsored
While it's true that the guests gather to witness the marriage vows, it's also common for people to pay close attention to the outfits worn by the happy couple.

Unfortunately, though, there are times when guests react negatively to the clothes chosen by a bride or groom – like in the case of one groom who was mercilessly judged for his wedding outfit!

Preparing for a wedding can be one of the biggest (and most rewarding) challenges a couple can face. However, this sentiment seems to have been forgotten by one groom who went viral for his, er, creative fashion choice.

The photo was posted in a popular Facebook group. At first glance, nothing seems to be out of place as the bride and groom leave for the reception.

The bride wore a beautiful strapless gown with a sweetheart neckline and the groom donned a black suit jacket, with a white shirt underneath and a black cowboy hat.

View attachment 10632

But once people looked down, it was revealed that the groom was wearing denim cut-offs with brown cowboy boots. Jeans are considered too casual for a wedding, but wearing shorts seems like it’s going too far. Now, maybe there was an agreement between the pair or maybe the jean shorts fit into the theme of their wedding. We’ll never know.

But social media spectators couldn’t move past the man’s outfit choice and roasted him in the group.

A second replied: ‘Judging by the uneven raggedy edges, you took cut-offs literally. That is not a vibe or aesthetic to strive for at any time, let alone your wedding.’

‘So, I thought it was jeans at first, and was like, okay, bad but not the worst. Then I saw KNEE CAPS,’ shared another.

View attachment 10633

‘I didn’t scroll all the way! I was wondering what was wrong until I scrolled. It’s awful,’ someone admitted.

One person shared: ‘Scrolling from the top of this photo to the bottom made me feel like I was in a car accident.’

Key Takeaways

• A groom has been heavily criticised for his wedding attire choice, which featured denim cut-off shorts with brown cowboy boots.
  • People were shocked by his decision and flooded the comment section with their outrage, saying that it was not an appropriate look for a wedding.
  • Jeans are typically considered too casual for a wedding, and the groom looked notably out of place standing next to a bride in a white dress.
Do you agree that this was a poor fashion choice or just a quirky part of a wedding? As they say, different strokes for different folks. Let us know your thoughts in the commen

View attachment 10632

View attachment 10633

Key Takeaways

Do you agree that this was a poor fashion choice or just a quirky part of a wedding? As they say, different strokes for different folks. Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Very poor taste. However, let's see how long the marriage lasts.

Reactions: RTS and Ricci
I wouldn't like it if my son or son inlaw dressed like this for their wedding but if this is what they chose then who am I to critique them.
I think the most important thing is that they are getting married and it's their wedding.
If it was someone else's wedding then it would be very disrespectful to dress like that unless they said casual dress.

Seems to be a tad casual compared to how the bride and some of the guests in background are dressed. But since the bride married him she must not have had a problem with it. Maybe his trousers split or something and the only alternative he had were the shorts. Or maybe he wanted to show off his fancy boots.

I don't see a problem with his outfit. When my son got married it was on a hill overlooking the ocean. His wife wore a gorgeous white strapless wedding dress while he wore above the knee length shorts, long sleeved shirt rolled to the elbows, an open vest over the top and slip on moccasin type shoes. He didn't want to go traditional in a suit and she was more than happy to let him wear whatever he felt the most comfortable in.

"Time" can change so many things; and folks WITH time change too. I have learned not to give my opinion any more because I'll be called old fashioned.
I am anything BUT. In my day we married in a church with God's blessing. Today, dare I say "many only make a mockery" of what used to be such a beautiful day. Television has had a lot to do with this, showing the weddings being officiated in all sorts of places. Swinging out of aeroplanes, under water etc etc, where has the reverence gone? Gardens are lovely so I DO go along with the birds singing in the trees when the vows are being said. I could not think of anything nicer. I often get asked to one of these "different" weddings. I graciously decline, only because I am deaf, have lost sight in one eye, & the music is deafening. I am a wet blanket I KNOW, so why should they suffer ME when it is their choice?

Reactions: Ricci
I'm sure you all had weddings you can remember...It's a personal thing between 2 people, and if you're lucky, you're invited to watch, so it's THEIR day...don't be so judgey...otherwise you may be judged as a fossil of some kind...really...not our business...

Reactions: Cheezil

View attachment 10632

View attachment 10633

Key Takeaways

Nothing about the groom’s attire is respectful for a wedding!
Even my ex husband wore a proper suit to our wedding.