Greek Donuts and very Addictive

Greek Tradition is when your baby cuts their first tooth then you make these.
I think it's just an excuse to make these melt in the mouth goodness

277251046_376482484343798_7409731416474897848_n.jpg

Crunchy and soft traditional Greek donuts. There are so many ways you can enjoy them! My favourite way is with plenty of honey and cinnamon . If you don't want honey then omit the honey and roll in cinnamon sugar Yum!

1 tsp dry yeast.
1 Tbsp sugar.
2 cups warm water.
3 cups plain flour.
¼ tsp salt.
Flavourless oil for frying. I use vegetable oil
Crushed nuts of your choice – walnuts optional
Honey for drizzling.
Cinnamon for dusting.

1. In a bowl mix together yeast, sugar and half the water. Allow it to sit for approximately 20 minutes or until it bubbles.

2. In another bowl combine flour and salt. Add the activated yeast mixture along with the other half of the water. Stir well to combine. The dough be very wet. Set aside and allow it to sit in a warm spot for an hour or so until it has risen.
3. Once the dough has risen, set up your donut station. Fill your pan with enough oil 3-4 cm deep and turn it to medium high heat. Whilst the oil is heating, get a cup and add with the same oil and place a spoon in the oil. This will assist you to scoop the dough out from your hands. The lubricated spoon will ensure it does not stick as you place the dough into the oil and helps for the donut to stay round.
4. When the oil is heated, rub some oil onto one of your hands and place it in the dough. Collect some dough in your hand and squeeze it through your thumb and index finger using the oiled spoon to scrape it away and drop carefully into the oil. It is important not to overcrowd your pan. Allow loukoumades to cook until golden on both side, scoop them out and place them on an absorbent paper towel. Transfer them onto a plate, drizzle with honey first, then cinnamon .

Enjoy hot!

Sponsored

View attachment 10092

Crunchy and soft traditional Greek donuts. There are so many ways you can enjoy them! My favourite way is with plenty of honey and cinnamon . If you don't want honey then omit the honey and roll in cinnamon sugar Yum!

1 tsp dry yeast.
1 Tbsp sugar.
2 cups warm water.
3 cups plain flour.
¼ tsp salt.
Honey for drizzling.
Cinnamon for dusting.

1. In a bowl mix together yeast, sugar and half the water. Allow it to sit for approximately 20 minutes or until it bubbles.

2. In another bowl combine flour and salt. Add the activated yeast mixture along with the other half of the water. Stir well to combine. The dough be very wet. Set aside and allow it to sit in a warm spot for an hour or so until it has risen.
3. Once the dough has risen, set up your donut station. Fill your pan with enough oil 3-4 cm deep and turn it to medium high heat. Whilst the oil is heating, get a cup and add with the same oil and place a spoon in the oil. This will assist you to scoop the dough out from your hands. The lubricated spoon will ensure it does not stick as you place the dough into the oil and helps for the donut to stay round.
4. When the oil is heated, rub some oil onto one of your hands and place it in the dough. Collect some dough in your hand and squeeze it through your thumb and index finger using the oiled spoon to scrape it away and drop carefully into the oil. It is important not to overcrowd your pan. Allow loukoumades to cook until golden on both side, scoop them out and place them on an absorbent paper towel. Transfer them onto a plate, drizzle with honey first, then cinnamon .

Enjoy hot!
1670536613544.png

View attachment 10092

1 tsp dry yeast.
1 Tbsp sugar.
2 cups warm water.
3 cups plain flour.
¼ tsp salt.
Honey for drizzling.
Cinnamon for dusting.

Enjoy hot!
😋

Reactions: Ricci