Grandmas Casserole

The-Best-Beef-Stew-2.jpg
Braised beef with peas, carrots and potatoes in a Greek style tomato sauce flavoured with parsley. There’s so much I love about this dish. My husbands greek aunts make this exact dish but then again so did my Irish Grandma

This particular recipe is from mary kouzina

INGREDIENTS

1kg diced chuck steak pieces
Extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion - finely chopped
3 cloves garlic - minced
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 1/2 cups beef stock or chicken
700g bottle of tomato passata
4 bay leaves
1/2 cup fresh parsley- chopped.
1 tsp dry oregano
500 mls water (additional when needed)
3 carrots - thickly chopped
2-3 potatoes - cut into wedges
500g frozen peas
Salt and pepper to taste

Other vegetables eg zucchini go well

Method

1.Place a pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and brown the meat in batches. Set aside.

2.Add 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil to the pot along with the onion and garlic, sautéing for approximately 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook 1 minute stir in beef stock stir for 2 minutes

3. Add the browned meat back in then pour in the passata and water. Add the dill, bay leaves, oregano and seasoning to taste. Stir to combine.
4. Turn heat down to medium, cover the pot and allow to simmer for 1.5 hours. Ensure you check on it occasionally stirring to ensure the sauce doesn’t stick at the bottom. If the sauce thickens before the meat just becomes tender, add additional water as needed.

5. Once the meat has just become tender add the carrots, potatoes and peas. You’ll need to gauge whether you need to add more water at the point for them to cook. Once cooked stir through fresh dill if you please and enjoy.

Serve by itself or on a bed of rice

Last edited:
Sponsored
Yeah - MOSHARI ME ARAKA as it is called by it's creator (Mary's Kouzina - see: maryskouzina.com.au) is a fabulous dish. The only difference between the original recipe and the one posted here is the omission of the words 'Bless her' in the SDC post.

Question - does SDC not have rules in place about proper attribution of material shared on its site? I mean, it's great to share tasty recipes and stuff, but why are we not properly crediting the people who 'own' the material and presenting it as our own creation?

Proper attribution not only protects the work of others, but it also means we can visit the real creators' sites and explore their other recipes for dishes that might get our taste buds doing a happy dance.

Jess
Hey so called Jess canI asked you a question, why is it only me you are stalking . I just checked babybirds recipes and she post the whole recipes including recipetineatscand all her pictures and you haven't said one word to her post. I'm guessing you are that s.it head who was stalking me before Aussie something...you are using the sane wording in the same shitty way yet not a word to anyone else who are posting recipes

I think it's someone who was doing this exact thing to me a few months ago and got kicked out. It's only my post they do it to.s
They have not posted an utter on babybirds post and none of those recipes are hers
Yes me thinks🤔 she’s a jealous cow for some reason. I think they call them “trolls” don’t they. We are family here and we stick together so chin up!head up high!and we’ll kick her fat stinky arse😁oh and give her the cold shoulder treatment she’ll soon piss off when she gets no response.👍

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Has anyone ever told you you are a pain in the neck. Perhaps you should not bother to read the recipes and then you won't have to get your knickers in a knot about something so stupid.
Having had copyright on several products, in my business, years ago, and having had quite a lot of long conversations with the lawyer who did these for me, I can tell you that a legal battle over such a recipe would be laughed out of court. Just about every recipe book you buy has very similar casseroles in it, such a case would never stand up, no matter what ridiculously fancy name you like to call it.
And your comment about all recipes being copyright is absolutely ridiculous. You obviously have no idea how much a copy right costs, if you were to copyright every recipe you would end up in the poor house, they cost thousands for each one.

Hey so called Jess canI asked you a question, why is it only me you are stalking . I just checked babybirds recipes and she post the whole recipes including recipetineatscand all her pictures and you haven't said one word to her post. I'm guessing you are that s.it head who was stalking me before Aussie something...you are using the sane wording in the same shitty way yet not a word to anyone else who are posting recipes
I am not stalking you. But you (and some onthers here) are rapidly demonstrating that we do not share the same values.

Unlike you, I am not on this forum every day. I am too busy. On the infrequent occasions that I do open the newsletter and click on any links therein, it is mostly you who is posting recipes.

I did see one or two from someone called Babybird at some stage, but the recipes she shared were attributed. Ditto another member - it was a girl's name with 4 on the end. I think she posted a Jamie Oliver recipe - properly attributed.

I also note that edited a recipe this evening to add the attribution to the creator of the recipe.

In any event, please get over yourself. Foul language and insults are the tools of bullies, and it's always regrettable to see people lower themselves to resort to the tools of that hateful breed called trolls. I daresay it gives you your jollies, but watch that karma whip-back. It can be a much bigger b.tch than you.

Jess (no 'so-called' about it.)

I am not stalking you. But you (and some onthers here) are rapidly demonstrating that we do not share the same values.

Unlike you, I am not on this forum every day. I am too busy. On the infrequent occasions that I do open the newsletter and click on any links therein, it is mostly you who is posting recipes.

I did see one or two from someone called Babybird at some stage, but the recipes she shared were attributed. Ditto another member - it was a girl's name with 4 on the end. I think she posted a Jamie Oliver recipe - properly attributed.

I also note that edited a recipe this evening to add the attribution to the creator of the recipe.

In any event, please get over yourself. Foul language and insults are the tools of bullies, and it's always regrettable to see people lower themselves to resort to the tools of that hateful breed called trolls. I daresay it gives you your jollies, but watch that karma whip-back. It can be a much bigger b.tch than you.

I think your the troll🙀bitch

Babybird post probably more than me and no she doesn't give credit to the authors so I will stick to you have it in for me..

Good on you for being busy and so glad you can drop in and visit.

If you knew the people on here you would know what sort of people we are. Sharing , caring , and making others laugh.

I do give credit to most of my recipes .Alot of times I change the recipes and not sure they would want credit for the changes.

As for getting over myself I don't think I do but maybe someone else needs to take their own advice

I am so tired of bullies and know alot are going to message me saying to ignore you and I will ignore you but first I need to say BACK OFF , MIND YOUR OWN BUSSINESS AND GET A LIFE

Last edited:
I think it does get to you or you wouldn't be replying . Thank you for being my entertainment tonight but now I'm yawing because you are starting to bore me
You are entitled to your opinions, too. They are, after all, a conviction held without substantive proof - ergo, not my problem.

Glad to hear you're starting to feel bored, though. I was starting to get real concerned about you for a while there. So much angst and hatred has to be immensely tiring.

Me? I wouldn't bother.

Sleep tight.

Jess

What you do in a freestyle cook is yours. But when someone copies, verbatim, the recipe on another's website or cookbook, that is called piracy or plagiarism.

And yes - if you find a particularly nice recipe in someone's cookbook or on their website, you should attribute the recipe to them if you choose to share it.

Websites and cookbooks both enjoy the legal privilege of that little thing called Copyright, and when you share without attribution, work that is copyrighted to them, you are infringing their legal rights.

Jess
Blimey maybe you should back off! What sewer did you crawl out of😂is that where your going now back to your sewer with the clown😁nite nite troll

Blimey maybe you should back off! What sewer did you crawl out of😂is that where your going now back to your sewer with the clown😁nite nite troll
That was fun come back soon troll we will have round two the 🥊 are on!or look me up on Facebook we can have a real slanging match.😸

Last edited:
Omg I had a mouthful of coffee and spat it out , through laughing . I think she is someone who was kicked out in June for constantly making the same comments and was stalking me .

I have said constantly that these are not my recipes but recipes we love and I want to share . I do change recipes abit but that's not against the law..

Thank you for sticking up for me 🥰
Your welcome, I can't stand people like that. Copyright is not a simple thing, the slightest change nullifies copyright you would only have to. change a measurement or add one different herb, etc.
An entire recipe book could have a copyright, but you would have to pass the entire book off as your own for that to stand up in court.
I had a baby Manchester manufacturing business in another life, when I was a single mum.
I designed quilts in the shape of different animals, the designs had copyright, which cost me a bomb, but some body only had to make simple alterations,eg make the dogs tail longer have it's tongue hanging out, put a different shaped bow on the teddy bear, etc and the copyright is broken
This woman says she had something to do with copyright, I think she's got nothing better to do and sounds jealous of your popularity.

Your welcome, I can't stand people like that. Copyright is not a simple thing, the slightest change nullifies copyright you would only have to. change a measurement or add one different herb, etc.
An entire recipe book could have a copyright, but you would have to pass the entire book off as your own for that to stand up in court.
I had a baby Manchester manufacturing business in another life, when I was a single mum.
I designed quilts in the shape of different animals, the designs had copyright, which cost me a bomb, but some body only had to make simple alterations,eg make the dogs tail longer have it's tongue hanging out, put a different shaped bow on the teddy bear, etc and the copyright is broken
This woman says she had something to do with copyright, I think she's got nothing better to do and sounds jealous of your popularity.
You’ve hit the nail on the head😁

Babybird post probably more than me and no she doesn't give credit to the authors so I will stick to you have it in for me..

Good on you for being busy and so glad you can drop in and visit.

If you knew the people on here you would know what sort of people we are. Sharing , caring , and making others laugh.

I do give credit to most of my recipes .Alot of times I change the recipes and not sure they would want credit for the changes.

As for getting over myself I don't think I do but maybe someone else needs to take their own advice

I am so tired of bullies and know alot are going to ,essage me saying to ignore you and I will ignore you but first I need to say BACK OFF , MIND YOUR OWN BUSSINESS AND GET A LIFE
👍🤣🤣😂😂

I think so and I'm going to ignore her I shouldn't stoop down to her level. I'm sure I know who it is , the same person who did this a couple of months ago.
I worked in bridal, I was a stylist but also worked with the designers of one if the largest bridal companies in the world and they would all copy each other's designs all they had to do was change it by 10% could be beading, fabric, neckline ect .

I keep saying these are not my recipes but I do change most of them to our taste .

What an interesting company you had .

Reactions: Littleboy8
I think so and I'm going to ignore her I shouldn't stoop down to her level. I'm sure I know who it is , the same person who did this a couple of months ago.
I worked in bridal, I was a stylist but also worked with the designers of one if the largest bridal companies in the world and they would all copy each other's designs all they had to do was change it by 10% could be beading, fabric, neckline ect .

I keep saying these are not my recipes but I do change most of them to our taste .

Well I’m making chocolate biscuits again tomorrow so I’m going to steal someone else’s recipe this time🙀

Reactions: mylittletibbies

I enjoyed it, I started off from my home on my own, 12 years later when I sold I had 12 employees, agents in every state and was selling to most baby shops, Myers, Harris Scarfe, Baby Warehouse to mention a few, but the rag trade is a very hard business to be in, in this country.
The only way to survive was to supply a very high quality product..
When I married again I had a complete change. My husband and I started a renovation company, and then about ten years later moved to flipping homes.
I have enjoyed every minute of it, love interior design, buying and selling realestate. Recently sold my son's house for him for $65.000 more than his highest appraisal, needless to say he was very happy with his mum.
You sound as though you really enjoyed your work in bridal, it's important to enjoy what you do, makes going to work every day a pleasure.

I enjoyed it, I started off from my home on my own, 12 years later when I sold I had 12 employees, agents in every state and was selling to most baby shops, Myers, Harris Scarfe, Baby Warehouse to mention a few, but the rag trade is a very hard business to be in, in this country.
The only way to survive was to supply a very high quality product..
When I married again I had a complete change. My husband and I started a renovation company, and then about ten years later moved to flipping homes.
I have enjoyed every minute of it, love interior design, buying and selling realestate. Recently sold my son's house for him for $65.000 more than his highest appraisal, needless to say he was very happy with his mum.
You sound as though you really enjoyed your work in bridal, it's important to enjoy what you do, makes going to work every day a pleasure.
I loved my work and helping women find that perfect dress, but like you said the rag trade is tuff and one off the hardest things was online shopping. Girls would come in and try styles on with us then go buy knock up on line dresses for $200.
When we were testing our new range in the shop we would get other designers in trying to see what we were doing. These were the parts I didn't like.

I would love to flip houses , what a great job .