Grandma reveals the simple cooking task that you probably are DOING WRONG!

We've all been there. You're going about your day, minding your own business, when you suddenly realise that you've been doing a certain task wrong for who knows how long.

It could be something as innocuous as buttering your own bread, or as serious as storing your eggs in the fridge (hey - don’t laugh, making your eggs last as long as possible in this economic climate is no joke!).

Speaking of tasks you probably are doing wrong, did you know that apparently there's a proper way to open a packet of spaghetti?

We know that it's a simple task and it's crazy how people could possibly be doing it incorrectly, but according to the video below, we’re guilty as charged.

TikTok user @Nonna.Elda.Cooks has recently stunned social media after she pointed out how many of us have been opening pasta packets incorrectly, revealing that you shouldn't be using scissors or tearing them using your hands or your mouth. Instead, all you need is a flat, sturdy surface to do the trick.

Credit: TikTok/@nonna.elda.cooks

In the 16-second clip posted on social media, the grandma demonstrated the proper way to open a packet of spaghetti by effortlessly bashing the pasta packet's bottom against the surface of her kitchen table, breaking it open completely.

It's that simple!

The mind-blowing video has gone viral, amassing more than 13 million views and thousands of comments from astounded users.

Many of the commenters admitted that they were left gobsmacked after learning that there is a proper technique for opening the pasta packets.

One user wrote: "I never thought of doing it like that and I’m a professional chef."

"Mine would break & crumble if I did that. That has to be years of old world experience," another said.

udXEe4polGd_BSzqQk4T51qdpxt8vkGWsBNNg036GD-A_GC4d0cyeTgv52FVeHTz5Kd-bn4KA_N8kaSfMG6jSOJ6rv4xvw-REC0vzFQt0ZHcXnIUIwd5XYyuE6V9-9IhmW9YMf4fabzf0u0vvA

An Italian grandma pointed out that many people are opening spaghetti packets wrong. Credit: iStock.

Others wrote sweet comments about how much they missed their own Nonnas.

One user wrote: "This video made me miss my nonna…it’s the cooking, the laughing and the apron. Classics…"

We find this new knowledge fascinating, given that there are probably more simple tasks out there that we are doing wrong. It's the thought that we find our own ways to just simply make things work without thinking whether we're doing it right.

So, there you have it, folks! Does this tip surprise you too? Do you have any other “mundane” tips that you think others might not know about? Share them in the comments below!

Sponsored
It's not the "proper" way to open a pack of spaghetti -- it's simply another way. If it were the "proper" way to do it, wouldn't the manufacturers put the instructions on the packet so the deadheads would get it right? What the hell is this world coming to when we have to be shown how to open a bag of spaghetti?

We've all been there. You're going about your day, minding your own business, when you suddenly realise that you've been doing a certain task wrong for who knows how long.

It could be something as innocuous as buttering your own bread, or as serious as storing your eggs in the fridge (hey - don’t laugh, making your eggs last as long as possible in this economic climate is no joke!).

Speaking of tasks you probably are doing wrong, did you know that apparently there's a proper way to open a packet of spaghetti?

We know that it's a simple task and it's crazy how people could possibly be doing it incorrectly, but according to the video below, we’re guilty as charged.

TikTok user @Nonna.Elda.Cooks has recently stunned social media after she pointed out how many of us have been opening pasta packets incorrectly, revealing that you shouldn't be using scissors or tearing them using your hands or your mouth. Instead, all you need is a flat, sturdy surface to do the trick.

In the 16-second clip posted on social media, the grandma demonstrated the proper way to open a packet of spaghetti by effortlessly bashing the pasta packet's bottom against the surface of her kitchen table, breaking it open completely.

It's that simple!

The mind-blowing video has gone viral, amassing more than 13 million views and thousands of comments from astounded users.

Many of the commenters admitted that they were left gobsmacked after learning that there is a proper technique for opening the pasta packets.

One user wrote: "I never thought of doing it like that and I’m a professional chef."

"Mine would break & crumble if I did that. That has to be years of old world experience," another said.

udXEe4polGd_BSzqQk4T51qdpxt8vkGWsBNNg036GD-A_GC4d0cyeTgv52FVeHTz5Kd-bn4KA_N8kaSfMG6jSOJ6rv4xvw-REC0vzFQt0ZHcXnIUIwd5XYyuE6V9-9IhmW9YMf4fabzf0u0vvA

An Italian grandma pointed out that many people are opening spaghetti packets wrong. Credit: iStock.

One user wrote: "This video made me miss my nonna…it’s the cooking, the laughing and the apron. Classics…"

We find this new knowledge fascinating, given that there are probably more simple tasks out there that we are doing wrong. It's the thought that we find our own ways to just simply make things work without thinking whether we're doing it right.

So, there you have it, folks! Does this tip surprise you too? Do you have any other “mundane” tips that you think others might not know about? Share them in the comments below!

This is how I normally open a packet of spaghetti - works like a charm

Reactions: Ricci

It's that simple!

I've always done that anyway!

Reactions: Ricci