Gorgeous DIY bucket hat craft using an unlikely Kmart buy

We all have that one project we want to start, but can't because of budget constraints. It's always frustrating when we have to put our dreams on hold because of money. Whether it's a home renovation, a new business venture, or even a simple purchase, we can all relate to the feeling of not being able to start something because we can't afford it.

Such has been the case for one mum who was planning to make bucket hats as they are becoming a fashion trend nowadays.

Taking her concern to a popular Facebook group, the woman said that she found it difficult to start with her project because purchasing fabric for the hats adds to her weekly budget.

So, how did she go about solving this issue?

Upon seeing other DIY sewing projects, the mum quickly had an idea to reuse some Kmart items and turn them into hats.

'A stack of hats made from the ever versatile Kmart tea towel,' the woman wrote along with a photo of the gorgeous bucket hats she has sewn.

90nGNxO7j5-SUSq5wD7QsuZghGdzZf8A7G3BsV4hn1RA9tf_ljc1ZlRdWvnGRmIDpITFBznkNEsood2w_7qIfBK2DqqRRbGwebWwgBkq5pfb6k6nNyN99a8Qiy804FlB9deO8crCneuqH3uherAp-JD1I3kD6JBqT7-ZnchsipWZpCuGR3nlvqZg

The mum created these bucket hats using Kmart tea towels. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia.

The post has captured the attention of more than 3,000 group members, with many praising the mum for her creativity.

One user wrote: 'They look absolutely amazing! Well done.'

'As soon as this picture popped up I recognised the pattern from my tea towel! Great way to find cheap fabric! They really do have some nice prints,' another said.

A third joked: 'I think their tea towels are probably a lot better suited to hats. Wonderful work!'

Some asked the woman if she sells the hats as they are interested in purchasing some, with one mum writing: 'Please say you sell these I'd love to buy some for my son.'

Others took the opportunity to share their own projects using the fabric from the tea towels.

'I love the Kmart T towels so many things to make with them. I made these bowl cosies using them,' one person shared along with photos of her DIY project.

'I've made shopping bags, aprons and hats from their tea towels,' another added.

If you're looking to create one of your own, we recommend checking out this video:

Credit: YouTube/The Essentials Club

So, there you have it, folks! It's important to remember that some people were also in the same boat as we are, so we shouldn't get too down about not being able to start that passion project. Instead, we should use it as motivation to save up and make our dream project a reality.

So, don't give up on it just because you can't start with them right away. Keep those creative juices flowing and one day you'll be able to realise that vision!

Sponsored