SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Good old-fashioned kindness

Members, I had a lovely interaction recently and thought I’d share!

I made a silly mistake and left my internal car light on while I was away for weeks and came home to a very flat battery.

I was chatting to the mechanic replacing it and mentioned that I should probably try and learn some car basics (I’ve always lived close to friends and family who are mechanics so sort of skipped having to learn - I know, I know). He took the time to show me how to check everything and how often things like oil and tyre pressure should be checked. He then double-checked it all and topped it all up for free.

Really turned the whole experience around.

Do you have any stories of someone going above and beyond for you? I’d love to read them :)

I love this thread, only yesterday my granddaughter who is 15 was at the movies with friends and after went to eat. She dropped her cup of drink all over her jeans when a young lady sitting at the next table went to help her , she told her she had clothes in her car and she would run out to get her something
Sge returned with what looked like a brand new pair of bardit jeans which fitted my granddaughter perfect.
My granddaughter asked for her number so they could either clean and return the jeans or at least pay for them
The young lady said no ... she was more than happy to help someone and she said maybe one day my granddaughter may also help someone.

I wished I could thank her and not only for the jeans but for setting an example to my granddaughter. 🙏⚘️

I was in the queue to pay at my shopping centre, when I was told the Bank declined. Phoned the bank explained the situation to them and was told I had $220 in my account. So spoke to the attendant. Told her the amount and gave her $40 from my bag. As the most expensive was the meat. Started taking out $30 worth. Two older ladies behind me noticed what was going on and quietly told the attendant they were paying for my meat. I was so shocked and thankful all I could say was "Thank you and Bless you."
When I spoke to a few friends later of the kindness shown me they also said something similar had happened to them in the week. There are some very special people living in Albany, Western Australia. Thank you.

Many years ago, when I lived in South Africa, when I was driving to a meeting at night, I was a victim of a Smash and Grab. My bag was stolen. In my bag I had my glasses, my drivers licence and R50. I went to the doctor the next day and she gave me some medication which was a sedation. That night, I received a call from my brother-in-law, Bobby to ask if I lost my drivers licence. When I told him yes, he said someone had called him and told him that they had my drivers licence. I called that person in the morning and he told me that someone had come to him in the restuarant where was having a meal and handed the licence. So he Googled the name and found Bobby and called him. He then told me that he will send me the licence as he knows how difficult it is to apply and receive a new one. That day he sent his driver to where I worked and I got my driver's licence. I am forever grateful for that good Samaritan.

I'm a volunteer community transport driver 2 day's a week. So are many others. We transport the young, the not so young , and the elderly. Also those with a disability or handicap. We do it because we want to. It gives us great satisfaction helping people do things they can't do themselves. Our services go beyond a " taxi service" , such as assisted shopping and home help. I have formed many relationships with regular clients. Why do people donate blood.?. Because one day we might need someone to help us. Just paying it forward.

• Love
Reactions: debjane
I went to the shops one day and as I was gathering my shopping I noticed a man in a motorised walker trying to reach to some biscuits. He proceeded to tell me that he was going in for a heart operation and his Doctor had said, if he went out he had to stay in his walker. I had to go to work, but I had time to spare so I walked around with him and helped him get some more items. He was so grateful, because so many people had walked past him and ignored his plight. I said, hopefully someone will do the same for me one day. Well about 20 months ago I shattered a vertabra and I am now in a walker and wheelchair to go out. So you can imagine my gratitude. My neighbours put my bins down or bring them up as needed, they have made me soup every now and then and even taken my dog to the vet in an emergency. People stop to help me into my car and help put the wheelchair into the boot. There are lovely people out there. "what goes around comes around is right". Even a smile when passing someone in the supermarket may make someone's day. You never know what people are going through.

Reactions: Phyll