Good news, Aussies! Here's how you can get a FREE portrait of the late Queen

Since the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, a strange trend has popped up: Aussies everywhere are suddenly asking their federal MPs for portraits of the late royal.

You may be wondering why? In 2018, it was reported that Australian citizens have the legal right to receive a free portrait of the current monarch if they choose to do so – and this right is still in effect today.

Under the terms of the obligation, citizens have the right to submit requests for certain patriotic items that are offered through the 'nationhood material program', such as official portraits of Queen Elizabeth, recordings of the Australian national anthem, and Australian flags.

Now that King Charles III has ascended to the throne, new photographs will soon be on their way. Because of this, Australians are eager to get their hands on the late Queen's remaining portraits before they are no longer available.

mYjVwileLUeEl9WCRarNuJOapJPaNKTFLtWzt-uYFb6sNS5w9f0ohxmsNCt3hjQ6AO1udvyic0NC-C1_da4P49ek2vjDcDOkJuMLx3aj8NrI143PNU3D0C2KApOuGir7JAKs_MShxKqERd4O4ONRvsh8CBc3uaXPOZZEvK4CGfy56e5LlsmFyOEuUw

Aussies can get a free photograph of the Queen by requesting one from their MPs. Credit: Will Kelly.

The offices of MPs are reporting that they are quickly running out of stock of the Queen's portraits as a result of unexpectedly high demand for them.

Dr Sophie Scamps, the member of parliament for Sydney's northern beaches, said on Monday that her office had received so many requests for portraits of the Queen since her death was revealed 10 days ago that they had officially run out.

Their office is currently taking names for a waiting list while they order more portraits; however, there is a chance that the new portraits will be of King Charles rather than the Queen.

Three different versions of the Queen's photographs were on display at the Sydney office of Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese: a pair photograph with her late husband, a royal close-up, and a garden photograph where she wore summery green attire.

On the day of her death, a staff member claimed that they had been handing them out 'more than usual', but that there was still plenty of stock. However, this was reported several days ago, so it’s unclear if there are any left presently.

qNV0MgmUK-tZaZAYccE_wZ2jnp89Eyn3qK4BkGBwpjEKUNPVj0dn5J2BkEiljm6EqFfWhEjDWmeypim3RmZqLtP_wJsfBshE1R-Lm1WpNhggfdfQa6_KR8NPKO2zW-Qqxts_PoWUAj19khQhvQt7qz1_AWcQ37XQalt2tdHfy1V17nogpA9_aAolUg

Andrew Hastie, an elected official, poses with a photograph of Queen Elizabeth II. Credit: Andrew Hastie.

I need a picture of the Queen, but where can I find one?

If you just learned about the Queen Elizabeth II portrait program, be advised that a lot of people are currently trying to get their hands on one. It's possible that your local MP won't be able to find you one, so be ready for that possibility.

If you are prepared to take the chance, all you need to do is give your local MP a call or send them an email and ask them about it. You may find the complete list of contact information for senators and members of parliament by clicking this link here.

Best of luck to those who are trying to get their hands on the Queen's portraits! Here in this link is a high-resolution image of the Queen's picture, in case you've ever wondered what it looks like.

What are your thoughts, folks? Are you interested in having a copy of Her Majesty's portrait in your home? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
My initial response was yes please, that's a nice thought but then sanity returned - I don't even have family pictures on display so it would just end up filling a drawer or in a cupboard.:rolleyes:

Since the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, a strange trend has popped up: Aussies everywhere are suddenly asking their federal MPs for portraits of the late royal.

You may be wondering why? In 2018, it was reported that Australian citizens have the legal right to receive a free portrait of the current monarch if they choose to do so – and this right is still in effect today.

Under the terms of the obligation, citizens have the right to submit requests for certain patriotic items that are offered through the 'nationhood material program', such as official portraits of Queen Elizabeth, recordings of the Australian national anthem, and Australian flags.

Now that King Charles III has ascended to the throne, new photographs will soon be on their way. Because of this, Australians are eager to get their hands on the late Queen's remaining portraits before they are no longer available.

mYjVwileLUeEl9WCRarNuJOapJPaNKTFLtWzt-uYFb6sNS5w9f0ohxmsNCt3hjQ6AO1udvyic0NC-C1_da4P49ek2vjDcDOkJuMLx3aj8NrI143PNU3D0C2KApOuGir7JAKs_MShxKqERd4O4ONRvsh8CBc3uaXPOZZEvK4CGfy56e5LlsmFyOEuUw

Aussies can get a free photograph of the Queen by requesting one from their MPs. Credit: Will Kelly.

The offices of MPs are reporting that they are quickly running out of stock of the Queen's portraits as a result of unexpectedly high demand for them.

Dr Sophie Scamps, the member of parliament for Sydney's northern beaches, said on Monday that her office had received so many requests for portraits of the Queen since her death was revealed 10 days ago that they had officially run out.

Their office is currently taking names for a waiting list while they order more portraits; however, there is a chance that the new portraits will be of King Charles rather than the Queen.

Three different versions of the Queen's photographs were on display at the Sydney office of Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese: a pair photograph with her late husband, a royal close-up, and a garden photograph where she wore summery green attire.

On the day of her death, a staff member claimed that they had been handing them out 'more than usual', but that there was still plenty of stock. However, this was reported several days ago, so it’s unclear if there are any left presently.

qNV0MgmUK-tZaZAYccE_wZ2jnp89Eyn3qK4BkGBwpjEKUNPVj0dn5J2BkEiljm6EqFfWhEjDWmeypim3RmZqLtP_wJsfBshE1R-Lm1WpNhggfdfQa6_KR8NPKO2zW-Qqxts_PoWUAj19khQhvQt7qz1_AWcQ37XQalt2tdHfy1V17nogpA9_aAolUg

Andrew Hastie, an elected official, poses with a photograph of Queen Elizabeth II. Credit: Andrew Hastie.

If you just learned about the Queen Elizabeth II portrait program, be advised that a lot of people are currently trying to get their hands on one. It's possible that your local MP won't be able to find you one, so be ready for that possibility.

If you are prepared to take the chance, all you need to do is give your local MP a call or send them an email and ask them about it. You may find the complete list of contact information for senators and members of parliament by clicking this link here.

Best of luck to those who are trying to get their hands on the Queen's portraits! Here in this link is a high-resolution image of the Queen's picture, in case you've ever wondered what it looks like.

What are your thoughts, folks? Are you interested in having a copy of Her Majesty's portrait in your home? Let us know in the comments!
Yes I would really love a portrait of the late queen Elizabeth

Reactions: Liz and Ricci
I would very much love a portrait of the Queen I like millions of other Australians felt as if I knew her majesty her passing was like I had lost a friend

Reactions: Liz and Ricci
I contacted my Federal member early last week.
They didn't have any, but my name has gone on a waiting list.
Will be interesting to see if there are any more printed of Queen Elizabeth.

Reactions: Ricci
I have requested one from my local member. Hopefully I can get one. My walls are bare but I would gladly frame and hang a portrait of the late Monarch in my loungeroom. All opposers can Fall Down and Get Up Themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci and Cagey

I contacted my local federal member to gain a portrait of the Queen as well as one of the King, when it becomes available. They are out of stock but I've been put on a back-order list for both.

Time will tell when I will receive each.

Reactions: Ricci