Gone girl? Irwin clan family member goes missing amid series of rumours

The Irwin family is widely famous for their wildlife conservation efforts and the larger-than-life legacy of the 'Crocodile Hunter', Steve Irwin.

Since then, the clan always had the media's attention.

After fake news about 'the end' of Robert Irwin's career circulated online, the family just faced another issue, sparking concern among their followers.

Online content creator Rebecca Lobie—often called Steve Irwin's 'hot niece'—vanished from the public eye.

Rebecca, who is the daughter of Steve Irwin's sister Joy and her husband Frank Muscillo, previously made headlines for her career—a stark contrast from the Irwins' family-friendly image.

The 35-year-old mum-of-two became a social media sensation, with her risqué photos garnering significant attention.

compressed-rebecca lobie.jpeg
Rebecca Lobie's main social media channels were deleted for unknown reasons. Image Credit: Facebook/Rebecca Lobie

However, in an unexpected turn of events, Rebecca Lobie stepped back from the limelight.

She deleted social media accounts known for their provocative content and shut down her subscription-based website.

This abrupt digital disappearance came without explanation, leaving her followers wondering about the change.

The mysterious disappearance deepened as rumours about Rebecca's separation from her husband, Mick Lobie, which had been circulating since March.

The couple had an ideal marriage, with Mick often photographing Rebecca for her online platforms.

Despite Mick's denials earlier this year, his social media posts had cryptic messages and captions that hinted at their separation.

The situation escalated when Mick shared several alarming posts, including one that read, 'If I'm continually treated like I don't exist, then what's the point of continuing to push myself to be here because no one would even notice if I were gone.'

These posts have since raised eyebrows and concerns about their relationship.

Rebecca's last known public appearance was at an Australia Day party hosted by tobacco tycoon Travers' The Candyman' Beynon.

Clad in a revealing white swimsuit, she was among the many guests at the extravagant event. However, Mick was not seen present at the party.

Rebecca Lobie's disappearance from social media and the public has left many unanswered questions.

Was her decision to leave her career and remove her online presence influenced by personal issues, or is there another reason for her retreat?

The Irwin family has yet to comment on Rebecca's situation.

However, they keep their focus on wildlife conservation and the operations of Australia Zoo.

The contrast between Rebecca's previous online persona and the family's public image has always been stark.

For now, Rebecca is choosing to step away from the spotlight.
Key Takeaways

• Rebecca Lobie, dubbed as Steve Irwin's 'hot niece', vanished from the public eye after deleting her social media accounts.
  • Rumours suggested that Rebecca may have split from her husband, Mick Lobie.
  • Despite denials, Mick Lobie shared a series of concerning posts, suggesting turmoil within their marriage and personal struggles.
  • Rebecca previously gained attention for her racy social media presence and operated a subscription-based website before its deactivation.
How do you feel about the pressures of public life affecting individuals, especially those connected to famous families? Share your thoughts with us and join the conversation in the comments below.

Sponsored
Famous people I know are all down to earth including their family.

My daughters Godmothers niece is a long time actor from home and away . Her mum Jenny and the rest of the family are so down to earth.

One of my sons best friends dad is an ex Australian cricket 🏏 captain and his whole family is down to earth . His son is often at ours. And my sons are often at his. His dad has on occasion called into ours for coffee.

Hubby's close friend is an ex NSW Premier and often calls in . He will walk straight around the back . Again his whole family are down to earth.

Last edited:

My daughters Godmothers niece is Ada from home and away . Her mum Jenny and the rest of the family are so down to earth.

One of my sons best friends dad is an ex Australian cricket 🏏 captain and his whole family is down to earth . His son is often at ours. And my sons are often at his. His dad has on occasion called into ours for coffee.

Hubby's close friend is an ex NSW Premier and often calls in . He will walk straight around the back . Again his whole family are down to earth.
Most people worthy of fame are generally humble.

Most people who want to be famous tend or pretend to be a "relative" or "close friend" of somebody worthy of fame are generally loudmouths and attention seekers.

Rebecca Lobie is a nobody attention seeker. Steve Irwin was a B grade entertainer at best. The adulation for him is beyond belief.

My daughters Godmothers niece is Ada from home and away . Her mum Jenny and the rest of the family are so down to earth.

Knowing someone who knows someone and letting the world know is name dropping.

the best way to feel important is to DO something important and shut up about it, this craving for publicity is demonstrating a persons low self esteem, a Quick Look at tic toc will show how many moronic self admiring idiots are loose on the streets today supposedly being famous idiots totally absorbed with themselves

"Online content creator Rebecca Lobie—often called Steve Irwin's 'hot niece'—vanished from the public eye."
Two observations: "Online Content Creator" = "Influencer" (in which case I'm not interested); and
"Vanished from the public eye".... ? Turn it up! Someone, of whom the overwhelming majority of your readers previously knew nothing, returns to well-deserved obscurity and that somehow merits SDC space?

Don’t give two hoots about the Irwin family since they dumped Steve’s dad from Australia Zoo!
He made it what it was with Steve behind him. When Steve died, his wife screwed Mr Irwin Snr over & now the kids are just as bad as she is! Pathetic.

Don’t give two hoots about the Irwin family since they dumped Steve’s dad from Australia Zoo!
He made it what it was with Steve behind him. When Steve died, his wife screwed Mr Irwin Snr over & now the kids are just as bad as she is! Pathetic.
Typical.....

Reactions: Littleboy8 and Zemo
when it comes to the irwins i have absolutely no feelings of anything and until they accept Grandad Bob it will remain as such. They swan about forgetting where their inheritance started. I do not believe for one moment Steve would have accepted any of this. As for this Robert he is not one bit like his Dad. Sue, his Dad would not have had the need for that, ever.

Reactions: Littleboy8

without the names, name dropping apart from Ada. Ada who? I do not see one famous person. a cricketer is a person nothing else, same as a premier. they held a position, nothing else.

Could it be that the Irwins' public profile has been dropping a tad recently? However, all is not lost, because it seems that Pauline has stepped in to help revive a slight bit of interest in what goes on in their rarefied world. Funny thing, it was reported that there was a deadline given to remove the demeaning cartoon video -- their interpretation, not mine -- from public view. You'd expect legal eagles to be camped on their doorstep to exercise their powers at one second past the hour if it wasn't. Didn't happen ... please explain?

Could it be that the Irwins' public profile has been dropping a tad recently? However, all is not lost, because it seems that Pauline has stepped in to help revive a slight bit of interest in what goes on in their rarefied world. Funny thing, it was reported that there was a deadline given to remove the demeaning cartoon video -- their interpretation, not mine -- from public view. You'd expect legal eagles to be camped on their doorstep to exercise their powers at one second past the hour if it wasn't. Didn't happen ... please explain?
this robert is suing pauline or going through the process. a way to make it onto the popular ladder. without the media this tribe would be nothing. the cartoon is very clever.

Most people worthy of fame are generally humble.

Most people who want to be famous tend or pretend to be a "relative" or "close friend" of somebody worthy of fame are generally loudmouths and attention seekers.

Rebecca Lobie is a nobody attention seeker. Steve Irwin was a B grade entertainer at best. The adulation for him is beyond belief.
Totally agree 👍. Those that we know are so humble.
Around two years ago my son was out with a group of friends in Cronulla when a guy from no where king hit one of my sons friends. He went down and the guy started kicking into his head.
My son pulled him off and he then started on my son. My son belted the guy.
My son just tried protecting his friend. He tried calming the bloke down but didn't work.

Police arrived, arrested both my son and the dude who attacked the friend.
Sons friend was taken to hospital
My son went to court and was given a good behaviour bond and a huge fine.

My sons friend who was attacked plays for NSW cricket and his sad played for Australia.

His dad , the ex premier and ex cricket captain all wrote amazing character references and one helped to get him off lightly.

My son is an amazing young man, never in trouble but he told us all he would do it all again to protect someone, even a stranger.

How crazy is our law.

My sons friends dad offered to pay the fine and court cost. His lawyer alone was nearly $2000 but my son said no

Totally agree 👍. Those that we know are so humble.
Around two years ago my son was out with a group of friends in Cronulla when a guy from no where king hit one of my sons friends. He went down and the guy started kicking into his head.
My son pulled him off and he then started on my son. My son belted the guy.
My son just tried protecting his friend. He tried calming the bloke down but didn't work.

Police arrived, arrested both my son and the dude who attacked the friend.
Sons friend was taken to hospital
My son went to court and was given a good behaviour bond and a huge fine.

My sons friend who was attacked plays for NSW cricket and his sad played for Australia.

His dad , the ex premier and ex cricket captain all wrote amazing character references and one helped to get him off lightly.

My son is an amazing young man, never in trouble but he told us all he would do it all again to protect someone, even a stranger.

How crazy is our law.

My sons friends dad offered to pay the fine and court cost. His lawyer alone was nearly $2000 but my son said no
Did the ex Premier go to Narwee Boys High School?

Reactions: Suzanne rose