Tasmanian Devil

Jul 22, 2024
Goeden middag!

New senior here ... Born in Australia, but lived outside since 1966 ... returned to Australia in 2015. My old man worked for Shell and as family we travelled the planet. I also worked in the oil and gas industry On and Offshore construction projects worldwide. I have a mechanical engineering background. My last project was in Qingdao China as Construction Manager (see photo). It's still difficult for me to accept that I'm now considered too old now to function in this environment.
I'm a polyglot: Dutch, English, German, French, Portuguese and working knowledge Spanish and Mandarin.
Anyway, you'll be 'hearing' from me 🫡

Attachments

• IMG_1151.JPG
    IMG_1151.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to the SDC community @Tasmanian Devil ! It sounds like you've had an absolutely fascinating career and life journey with experiences from all around the world. Not to mention, your linguistic skills are incredibly impressive – being a polyglot is no small feat! It's never easy transitioning into a different phase of life, especially when you’ve had such a dynamic and active career. However, I hope you find this community a wonderful place to share your experiences, insights, and maybe even some language tips! Since you’ve got such a rich history of global travels, I reckon you'll have some great stories or advice to share in our Travel subforum. We're looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!