Get your sneakers looking brand new with this three-step trick

We all love a good pair of sneakers. They’re comfortable, practical and – most importantly – they go with everything!

But as much as we love them, we all know that white sneakers are notoriously difficult to keep clean. Even if you take good care of them, it seems like they get grubby almost overnight.

If you’re sick of spending hours scrubbing your shoes to no avail, then this tip from Chontel Duncan is definitely for you! The 33-year-old fitness star and mum of five from Brisbane has found a simple way to get her sneakers looking brand new again in just three easy steps.

In a video posted on Instagram, Chontel demonstrated how she used $4 Sard Wonder Soap and Vanish Gold Crystal White washing detergent, which retails for $42 per 3kg bucket to clean her filthy white shoes – with amazing results!

Credit: Chontel Duncan/Instagram

The whole process only took a few minutes, but the result was astounding. Her shoes looked brand new again!

To try the trick yourself at home, simply place your shoes in the laundry sink and wet the bar of soap before rubbing it onto the sneaker fabric.

Massage the suds into the shoe before chucking it in on a delicate cycle in your washing machine (you might want to put them in a wash bag first if you’re worried about damaging your machine).

Then add some Vanish powder into the mix for extra whiteness.

Once the washing cycle is over, place the sneakers in the sun to dry and voila! Your shoes will look sparkling new again.

64734833-11448531-image-m-32_1668913583096.jpg

The 33-year-old explained the quick and simple procedure in a video. Credit: Chontel Duncan/Instagram.

The video has made the rounds on social media, capturing the attention of more than 6,000 users.

Hundreds of users praised Chontel for her simple trick.

One user wrote: 'Perfect!'

'More of these tips please,' another added.

Meanwhile, some users took the opportunity to share additional tips for cleaning their sneakers.

One user recommended: 'If you need to dry them and it's not sunny enough, tie the laces together and hang them at the top of the dryer door (inside) and close them with the laces in the door and press closed.'

'So they don't actually tumble they're just getting the heat from the dryer hanging on the inside.'

Another said: 'I find adding towels can really help agitation! Like really giving them a good rub!'

'I use a dish-wand thing with the scrubbing cloth on the end to rub in my liquid vanish and let it sit for at least an hour on my white shoes - they come out almost new after being in the machine,' a third shared.

Key Takeaways

• White sneakers are notoriously difficult to keep clean, but fitness star Chontel Duncan has found a simple way to get them looking brand new again in just three easy steps.
  • To try the trick yourself, wet a bar of soap and rub it into the shoe fabric before placing the shoes in a delicate cycle in your washing machine with some Vanish powder.
  • Once the washing cycle is over, place the sneakers in the sun to dry and voila! Your shoes will look sparkling new again.

For those of you who are looking to get rid of stains on your shoes, you might want to check out this previous article we wrote where we shared the common household items that can be used to remove stains from your shoes.

How about you? Do you have any more shoe-cleaning hacks that you can share with the rest of us? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
We all love a good pair of sneakers. They’re comfortable, practical and – most importantly – they go with everything!

But as much as we love them, we all know that white sneakers are notoriously difficult to keep clean. Even if you take good care of them, it seems like they get grubby almost overnight.

If you’re sick of spending hours scrubbing your shoes to no avail, then this tip from Chontel Duncan is definitely for you! The 33-year-old fitness star and mum of five from Brisbane has found a simple way to get her sneakers looking brand new again in just three easy steps.

In a video posted on Instagram, Chontel demonstrated how she used $4 Sard Wonder Soap and Vanish Gold Crystal White washing detergent, which retails for $42 per 3kg bucket to clean her filthy white shoes – with amazing results!

The whole process only took a few minutes, but the result was astounding. Her shoes looked brand new again!

To try the trick yourself at home, simply place your shoes in the laundry sink and wet the bar of soap before rubbing it onto the sneaker fabric.

Massage the suds into the shoe before chucking it in on a delicate cycle in your washing machine (you might want to put them in a wash bag first if you’re worried about damaging your machine).

Once the washing cycle is over, place the sneakers in the sun to dry and voila! Your shoes will look sparkling new again.

The 33-year-old explained the quick and simple procedure in a video. Credit: Chontel Duncan/Instagram.

The video has made the rounds on social media, capturing the attention of more than 6,000 users.

Meanwhile, some users took the opportunity to share additional tips for cleaning their sneakers.

One user recommended: 'If you need to dry them and it's not sunny enough, tie the laces together and hang them at the top of the dryer door (inside) and close them with the laces in the door and press closed.'

'So they don't actually tumble they're just getting the heat from the dryer hanging on the inside.'

Another said: 'I find adding towels can really help agitation! Like really giving them a good rub!'

'I use a dish-wand thing with the scrubbing cloth on the end to rub in my liquid vanish and let it sit for at least an hour on my white shoes - they come out almost new after being in the machine,' a third shared.

Key Takeaways

• White sneakers are notoriously difficult to keep clean, but fitness star Chontel Duncan has found a simple way to get them looking brand new again in just three easy steps.
  • To try the trick yourself, wet a bar of soap and rub it into the shoe fabric before placing the shoes in a delicate cycle in your washing machine with some Vanish powder.
  • Once the washing cycle is over, place the sneakers in the sun to dry and voila! Your shoes will look sparkling new again.

For those of you who are looking to get rid of stains on your shoes, you might want to check out this previous article we wrote where we shared the common household items that can be used to remove stains from your shoes.

How about you? Do you have any more shoe-cleaning hacks that you can share with the rest of us? Let us know in the comments below!

I put them overnight upside down in a bowl with cold water and splash of white king, next day in the washing machine with light coloured towels, dry in shade outside, brand new after 5 years wear. No scrubbing!

Reactions: Ricci

Key Takeaways

It makes me wish I had white shoes to try it out with. If I get some white shoes I will try it out.

Reactions: Ricci