Get the perfect roast potatoes every time with this air fryer hack - and it only costs $2!

Is there anything better than a good old-fashioned roast dinner? We think not!

There's nothing quite like gathering around the table with family or friends, and enjoying a big meal complete with all the trimmings. Roast potatoes, roasted veggies, gravy... yum!

However, we also know that roasts can be quite time-consuming and expensive to make. That's why we're so excited about this air fryer hack that will give you delicious and crispy roast potatoes in under 20 minutes – and all you need is a key ingredient that costs less than $2. How good is that? Trust us, your wallet (and your tastebuds) will thank you for it!

https___prod.static9.net.jpg
Is this the perfect (and cheapest) roast potato ever? Image source: TikTok @Airfry_Jen.

Rather than opting for normal potatoes that you have to peel, boil, and then roast in the oven (which takes forever), people are using tinned potatoes instead - which you can get your hands on at Woolies or Coles for just $1.60 (or $3.90 per kilo).

All you need for this hack is an air fryer, a tin of potatoes, oil or cooking spray and seasonings – many are opting for a combination of salt, pepper, garlic; with cajun seasoning also proving popular.

One person explained that they cook their potatoes for 12 minutes at 220 degrees but depending on your air fryer model or potato type etc., cooking times may vary slightly.

‘I whack them in the air fryer for 20 minutes. But I take them out after 10 and give them a wee shake. Honestly, these are so good. They're so soft and mushy,’ another person said.

Judging by the comments on various videos posted online about this tip - it has plenty of fans!

‘I've made them loads now. They are so yummy,’ one person commented.

‘They were delicious, so quick as well,’ another agreed.

While a third shared: ‘I decided to make the air fryer tinned potatoes today. I put them in at 200C for 25 minutes but they probably only needed 20. Lovely and soft and fluffy, and crispy on the outside. Give them a go, they're really good.’

So if you're looking to cut down on cost and prep time this Christmas season (or really any time of year), give this hack a try! We promise it'll become one of your new favourite go-to sides or snacks. So what do you think, will you be giving these air fryer potatoes a go?

Last edited:
Sponsored
Here is a query re the tinned potatoes, Friday night is my fish night, I make myself a good serving of chips from raw potatoes these are deep fried on their own, next I deep fry my prawns, Calamari rings, fish fingers and, a piece of fish altogether, as anybody deep fried tinned potatoes, if so how did they turn out.

Reactions: Ricci and RTS
I use normal potato. Quarter potatoes, pat dry. In a glass bowl add some olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Toss in potatoes (you can also use carrots and pumpkin). Load into air fryer and cook 10 minutes on 180 degrees. Turn potatoes and cook for a further ten minutes.