Get the first glimpse of the much-awaited Neighbours comeback!

For over thirty years, the long-running Aussie soap Neighbours reigned supreme as one of Australia's most iconic drama series.

Since the show's departure from TV screens last year, fans have waited with bated breath for updates and news regarding the much-anticipated return of the series.

But don't worry, as we have some thrilling news to share with you! The wait is almost over, as the show's premiere date and the release of its first trailer have just been revealed!

Are you ready to go back to Ramsay Street?

Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 12.08.04 PM.png
The soap will be returning sooner than we thought, and we've got our first glimpse at what's coming. Credit: YouTube/Prime Video AU & NZ.

The good news is that we won't have to wait much longer to catch up with the residents of Ramsay Street. The new chapter of Neighbours is set to air on Monday, September 18th, on both Amazon Freevee and Network 10. And if you prefer an ad-free experience, you can stream it on Prime Video on the 25th.

If that's not enough to pique your interest, the first trailer for the upcoming series has been released, featuring many familiar faces and some exciting additions, including Hollywood star Mischa Barton.

Get excited for the return of Neighbours, as it promises to be an unforgettable season!

Last year, the TV show, which had been on the air for an impressive 37 years, ended when its production company, Fremantle, couldn't find a new network.

But luck turned around when Amazon Freevee and Prime Video stepped in just a few months after the star-studded finale aired and saved the show. They started production in Melbourne earlier this year.

The new series has been revealing its cast, and we're thrilled to see some familiar faces, including Mischa Barton, the British-born actress known for her breakout roles alongside Hugh Grant in Notting Hill and Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense.

Many also remember her as the popular Marissa Cooper in the beloved teen series, The OC, during the early 2000s.

In April, Amazon confirmed that Mischa Barton will be making guest appearances on Neighbours as Reece, an American newcomer to the neighbourhood. However, there's more to her than meets the eye, as the statement hints at a mysterious and intriguing past.

'I'm excited to be part of this iconic show's next chapter, and I am really looking forward to being back in Australia, a place I know and love,' said Barton.

'I think the character of Reece is going to be a great role for me to explore and play with.'

Credit: Prime Video AU & NZ.

The new series will also star Alan Fletcher, Annie Jones, Georgie Stone, Jackie Woodburne, Rebekah Elmaloglou, Riley Bryant, Ryan Moloney, Sara West, Stefan Dennis, Tim Kano, and Xavier Molyneux as series regulars.

Aside from Barton, April Rose Pengilly, Guy Pearce, Ian Smith, Jodi Gordon, and Melissa Bell will also feature as guest stars.

Plenty of our members here at the SDC are also looking forward to the show's return! Member @Ladle said, 'I am so glad that Neighbours is returning.'

'I started watching it many years ago when my then-teenage son had it on during my dinner preparation time. I would glance at the screen, ask him about what had been going on, and before you knew it, we were watching it together,' they shared.

Member @margie also commented, 'Can't wait! I watched it from the very start and never missed an episode.'

Key Takeaways

• The new chapter of the Australian soap Neighbours is set to premiere on Monday 18th, September on Amazon Freevee and Network 10 and will be available ad-free on Prime Video a week later.
  • Hollywood star Mischa Barton, famous for roles in Notting Hill, The Sixth Sense and The OC, will have guest appearances on Neighbours as a new character named Reece.
  • Amazon Freevee and Prime Video made the new series possible after the show ended its 37-year run last year when it failed to find a new home.
  • Other cast members of the new series include Alan Fletcher, Annie Jones, Georgie Stone, Jackie Woodburne, Rebekah Elmaloglou, Riley Bryant, Ryan Moloney, Sara West, Stefan Dennis, Tim Kano, and Xavier Molyneux, as well as guest stars like April Rose Pengilly, Guy Pearce, Ian Smith, Jodi Gordon, Melissa Bell, and Mischa Barton.

Certainly many are feeling both nostalgic and excited for the return of Neighbours! With an all-star cast, it looks as if fans will be in for a real treat when the series airs in a few weeks' time.

Will the heyday of Ramsay Street be restored? Will fans get the satisfying storylines they've been hoping for? Can we expect more huge celebrities to make a comeback? What are your thoughts on this news, folks? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
For over thirty years, the long-running Aussie soap Neighbours reigned supreme as one of Australia's most iconic drama series.

Since the show's departure from TV screens last year, fans have waited with bated breath for updates and news regarding the much-anticipated return of the series.

But don't worry, as we have some thrilling news to share with you! The wait is almost over, as the show's premiere date and the release of its first trailer have just been revealed!

View attachment 26496
The soap will be returning sooner than we thought, and we've got our first glimpse at what's coming. Credit: YouTube/Prime Video AU & NZ.

The good news is that we won't have to wait much longer to catch up with the residents of Ramsay Street. The new chapter of Neighbours is set to air on Monday, September 18th, on both Amazon Freevee and Network 10. And if you prefer an ad-free experience, you can stream it on Prime Video on the 25th.

If that's not enough to pique your interest, the first trailer for the upcoming series has been released, featuring many familiar faces and some exciting additions, including Hollywood star Mischa Barton.

Get excited for the return of Neighbours, as it promises to be an unforgettable season!

Last year, the TV show, which had been on the air for an impressive 37 years, ended when its production company, Fremantle, couldn't find a new network.

But luck turned around when Amazon Freevee and Prime Video stepped in just a few months after the star-studded finale aired and saved the show. They started production in Melbourne earlier this year.

The new series has been revealing its cast, and we're thrilled to see some familiar faces, including Mischa Barton, the British-born actress known for her breakout roles alongside Hugh Grant in Notting Hill and Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense.

Many also remember her as the popular Marissa Cooper in the beloved teen series, The OC, during the early 2000s.

In April, Amazon confirmed that Mischa Barton will be making guest appearances on Neighbours as Reece, an American newcomer to the neighbourhood. However, there's more to her than meets the eye, as the statement hints at a mysterious and intriguing past.

'I'm excited to be part of this iconic show's next chapter, and I am really looking forward to being back in Australia, a place I know and love,' said Barton.

'I think the character of Reece is going to be a great role for me to explore and play with.'

The new series will also star Alan Fletcher, Annie Jones, Georgie Stone, Jackie Woodburne, Rebekah Elmaloglou, Riley Bryant, Ryan Moloney, Sara West, Stefan Dennis, Tim Kano, and Xavier Molyneux as series regulars.

Aside from Barton, April Rose Pengilly, Guy Pearce, Ian Smith, Jodi Gordon, and Melissa Bell will also feature as guest stars.

Plenty of our members here at the SDC are also looking forward to the show's return! Member @Ladle said, 'I am so glad that Neighbours is returning.'

'I started watching it many years ago when my then-teenage son had it on during my dinner preparation time. I would glance at the screen, ask him about what had been going on, and before you knew it, we were watching it together,' they shared.

Member @margie also commented, 'Can't wait! I watched it from the very start and never missed an episode.'

Key Takeaways

• The new chapter of the Australian soap Neighbours is set to premiere on Monday 18th, September on Amazon Freevee and Network 10 and will be available ad-free on Prime Video a week later.
  • Hollywood star Mischa Barton, famous for roles in Notting Hill, The Sixth Sense and The OC, will have guest appearances on Neighbours as a new character named Reece.
  • Amazon Freevee and Prime Video made the new series possible after the show ended its 37-year run last year when it failed to find a new home.
  • Other cast members of the new series include Alan Fletcher, Annie Jones, Georgie Stone, Jackie Woodburne, Rebekah Elmaloglou, Riley Bryant, Ryan Moloney, Sara West, Stefan Dennis, Tim Kano, and Xavier Molyneux, as well as guest stars like April Rose Pengilly, Guy Pearce, Ian Smith, Jodi Gordon, Melissa Bell, and Mischa Barton.

Certainly many are feeling both nostalgic and excited for the return of Neighbours! With an all-star cast, it looks as if fans will be in for a real treat when the series airs in a few weeks' time.

Will the heyday of Ramsay Street be restored? Will fans get the satisfying storylines they've been hoping for? Can we expect more huge celebrities to make a comeback? What are your thoughts on this news, folks? Let us know in the comments below!

Bummer! I can’t get any of those channels on my tv I loved nieghbours👍

Reactions: Marj53

View attachment 26496

Key Takeaways

OMG - really - this has to be a bad joke.

Each to their own but I am happy to report that I have never watched a single episode of Neighbours or Home and Away, in my entire life, they are both soap operas how can they be called a Drama series?

I think it's great to see the return of Neighbours. All you nay sayers don't have to watch it, you stick to your cerebral clap trap.
But I for one enjoy a bit of fluff TV, be it soap opera or drama, who cares as long as you derive pleasure. 😉
Also actors need jobs👍

Reactions: Cyberchook
Each to their own but I am happy to report that I have never watched a single episode of Neighbours or Home and Away, in my entire life, they are both soap operas how can they be called a Drama series?
Watch it and find out😁

Bummer! I can’t get any of those channels on my tv I loved nieghbours👍
It is going to be on the 10 network there is no reason why you can't see it as it will be the the same as before when it was on 10 peach. Weather is on peach or a different 10 network channel it is freeview which is the free to air channels you are receiving now.

Reactions: Littleboy8
It is going to be on the 10 network there is no reason why you can't see it as it will be the the same as before when it was on 10 peach. Weather is on peach or a different 10 network channel it is freeview which is the free to air channels you are receiving now.
Apparantely it’s not programmed into my tv I can’t get peach or any of those I used to but they disappeared and I don’t know anyone who can do it for me🙀

View attachment 26496

Key Takeaways

Good to see it's coming back it has launched so many careers in music and the big screen 👌 hopefully more to come a great stepping stone for up and coming actors 👍