Get ready for a juicy revolution: Cosmic Crisp apples are coming to Australia in 2024!

Attention, fruit lovers! We have a treat for you: Cosmic Crisp apples are set to hit Australian shelves in mid-2024. You might be wondering, what's so special about these apples? Well, keep reading – we're sure you'll be as excited as we are.

A product of over 20 years of research and development by Washington State University, the Cosmic Crisp apple is a scrumptious blend of the beloved Honeycrisp and Enterprise apple varieties.

Its unique taste and texture make it a great snack option for all ages, and here at the Seniors Discount Club, we know how important healthy snacking can be!

Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 2.41.32 PM.png
A twist on a favourite Aussie fruit is set to hit stores in 2024, and the taste of this sweet variety has been described as 'out of this world'. Credit: Cosmiccrisp.com.

After gaining immense popularity in the United States, Red Rich Fruits (RRF), one of Australia's leading fruit suppliers, has acquired the exclusive rights to bring these unique apples Down Under.

RRF has committed 100 hectares of land for growing Cosmic Crisp apples in Victoria's Yarra Valley, Baltow in New South Wales, and Manjimup in Western Australia.

RRF director Matt Palise explained the anticipation surrounding the Cosmic Crisp's arrival in Australia, stating, 'It offers a firm, crisp texture and a delicate balance of juiciness, sweetness, and tartness.'

He continued, 'It really is the ultimate apple – the flavour's out of this world. It's also a very slow-to-brown apple, so there's less wastage if your kids don't eat a whole apple in one go or prefer it cut up.'

With over 20 million Cosmic Crisp apple trees already planted in the US to meet the 'unprecedented' demand for this fruit, RRF plans to replicate Washington State's weather patterns in their chosen growing locations. This will ensure the best possible conditions for producing these high-quality apples.

To guarantee the quality and consistency of the Cosmic Crisp apples reaching Aussie households, they will be packed in a limited number of warehouses while keeping food miles to a minimum.

Despite a decline in apple sales across Australia in recent years, Palise is optimistic that the Cosmic Crisp's unique taste and texture will reinvigorate the market.

'We think the Cosmic Crisp will remind consumers how delicious an apple can be,' he said.

RRF has ambitious plans, with aims to expand Cosmic Crisp supply to markets across the Asia Pacific region following their Australian launch in 2024.

Health benefits of eating apples-.jpg

So, is there any truth to the saying, 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away?'

According to Palise, 'Absolutely, those sayings exist for a reason. Apples are the world's most portable snack – as a parent, there are not many situations that an apple can't get you out of. They're great to throw into a school bag or to take with you to work. They're full of fibre and delicious to boot.'

Key Takeaways

• Red Rich Fruits, an Australian fruit supplier, has announced that the cosmic crisp apple variety will be available in stores by mid-2024.
  • This new apple variety, a blend of Honeycrisp and Enterprise apples, was created by Washington State University and has gained success in the US.
  • The cosmic crisp apple is being grown in Victoria's Yarra Valley, Baltow in NSW, and Manjimup in Western Australia.
  • Red Rich Fruits director, Matt Palise, hopes the new apple variety will reinvigorate the Australian apple market and is planning to expand the supply to markets across the Asia Pacific region.

We are eagerly anticipating the arrival of Cosmic Crisp apples in Australia! Brace yourself to indulge in these delicious and succulent apples starting in 2024. Who knows, they might just become your new go-to fruit, bursting with flavours that will delight your taste buds!

What do you think of this exciting announcement, everyone? Are you excited to explore new apple varieties? We'd love to hear about your favourite apples too! Share your preferences with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Wandiwa
Sponsored
I'll try one, but they would have to go a long way to beat the magnificent Aussie Bravo

Reactions: Gsr
Attention, fruit lovers! We have a treat for you: Cosmic Crisp apples are set to hit Australian shelves in mid-2024. You might be wondering, what's so special about these apples? Well, keep reading – we're sure you'll be as excited as we are.

A product of over 20 years of research and development by Washington State University, the Cosmic Crisp apple is a scrumptious blend of the beloved Honeycrisp and Enterprise apple varieties.

Its unique taste and texture make it a great snack option for all ages, and here at the Seniors Discount Club, we know how important healthy snacking can be!

View attachment 22319
A twist on a favourite Aussie fruit is set to hit stores in 2024, and the taste of this sweet variety has been described as 'out of this world'. Credit: Cosmiccrisp.com.

After gaining immense popularity in the United States, Red Rich Fruits (RRF), one of Australia's leading fruit suppliers, has acquired the exclusive rights to bring these unique apples Down Under.

RRF has committed 100 hectares of land for growing Cosmic Crisp apples in Victoria's Yarra Valley, Baltow in New South Wales, and Manjimup in Western Australia.

RRF director Matt Palise explained the anticipation surrounding the Cosmic Crisp's arrival in Australia, stating, 'It offers a firm, crisp texture and a delicate balance of juiciness, sweetness, and tartness.'

He continued, 'It really is the ultimate apple – the flavour's out of this world. It's also a very slow-to-brown apple, so there's less wastage if your kids don't eat a whole apple in one go or prefer it cut up.'

With over 20 million Cosmic Crisp apple trees already planted in the US to meet the 'unprecedented' demand for this fruit, RRF plans to replicate Washington State's weather patterns in their chosen growing locations. This will ensure the best possible conditions for producing these high-quality apples.

To guarantee the quality and consistency of the Cosmic Crisp apples reaching Aussie households, they will be packed in a limited number of warehouses while keeping food miles to a minimum.

Despite a decline in apple sales across Australia in recent years, Palise is optimistic that the Cosmic Crisp's unique taste and texture will reinvigorate the market.

'We think the Cosmic Crisp will remind consumers how delicious an apple can be,' he said.

RRF has ambitious plans, with aims to expand Cosmic Crisp supply to markets across the Asia Pacific region following their Australian launch in 2024.

According to Palise, 'Absolutely, those sayings exist for a reason. Apples are the world's most portable snack – as a parent, there are not many situations that an apple can't get you out of. They're great to throw into a school bag or to take with you to work. They're full of fibre and delicious to boot.'

Key Takeaways

• Red Rich Fruits, an Australian fruit supplier, has announced that the cosmic crisp apple variety will be available in stores by mid-2024.
  • This new apple variety, a blend of Honeycrisp and Enterprise apples, was created by Washington State University and has gained success in the US.
  • The cosmic crisp apple is being grown in Victoria's Yarra Valley, Baltow in NSW, and Manjimup in Western Australia.
  • Red Rich Fruits director, Matt Palise, hopes the new apple variety will reinvigorate the Australian apple market and is planning to expand the supply to markets across the Asia Pacific region.

We are eagerly anticipating the arrival of Cosmic Crisp apples in Australia! Brace yourself to indulge in these delicious and succulent apples starting in 2024. Who knows, they might just become your new go-to fruit, bursting with flavours that will delight your taste buds!

What do you think of this exciting announcement, everyone? Are you excited to explore new apple varieties? We'd love to hear about your favourite apples too! Share your preferences with us in the comments below!
are they genetically modified.

The introduction of new strains is not new.
What saddens me is the disappearance of some of the old.
For many, many years, I looked forward to the Jonathan apple season. Very short, but the holy grail of apples as far as I am concerned.
Today, I reckon I would walk on broken glass to buy a bag of Jonathons. Nowhere to be found.
I will certainly give the Cosmic Crisp a try to see if they come close to my long lost favourites.

Reactions: Lotty
I remember as a child eating snow white apples. The skin was red and the flesh was pure white.
They were a reasonably small apple so ideal for children.

I am fructose intolerant and can no longer eat apples. I miss them so much, used to love a crisp sweet Pink Lady apple!

Reactions: Gsr and RTS
The introduction of new strains is not new.
What saddens me is the disappearance of some of the old.
For many, many years, I looked forward to the Jonathan apple season. Very short, but the holy grail of apples as far as I am concerned.
Today, I reckon I would walk on broken glass to buy a bag of Jonathons. Nowhere to be found.
I will certainly give the Cosmic Crisp a try to see if they come close to my long lost favourites.
Also missing Jonathan. Now I stick with Granny Smith

Royal gala is my favourite by far. Back when I was a kid we had red or green apples, no different names for red apples, green apples were Granny Smith. But boy they tasted good, until you found a half or full grub in them. Hence why I’ve cut my apples up for years before eating them.

Reactions: DLHM and Catherines

View attachment 22319

Key Takeaways

is there something wrong with australian apples?

Reactions: Marj53
I am fructose intolerant and can no longer eat apples. I miss them so much, used to love a crisp sweet Pink Lady apple!
So am I but still eat some fruit, one smallish apple isn’t too bad.
Never fruit salad, grow lots of fruit but only eat small portions.
So unfair! If you eat an organic whole apple incl. core, to have the fibre is very important. Juice is the worst.

Reactions: ElleJay