Get a first look at Target's stunning 2023 spring and summer collection

Even amid the rising cost of living, it’s always a good idea to treat yourself to a wardrobe refresh every now and then and add some colour to your closet.

Case in point: Social media users have been sharing their love for Target's spring and summer collection campaign, which featured models from diverse cultural backgrounds and of different sizes.

The new collection features a Frill V-neck Maxi Dress from the Lily Loves range priced at $70. It comes in celery green, black, and pink and its size ranges from six to twenty.

Social media user Brittany Melinda modelled the black and green version of the dress and other users were quick to express their delight with one saying: 'Looks like I’m going to Target tomorrow.'

1.jpg
Target’s new spring and summer collection featured brightly coloured clothes perfect for the new season. Image source: Target Australia.

Another social media user named Francesca shared her appreciation for the pink version of the dress and said: 'It’s part of their new range. It does come in a few other colours…but I chose to go for some colour.'

'I’m actually obsessed,' she added.

Others commented on Francesca’s video and said: 'That’s phenomenal on you. I’m going to Target this weekend.'

While another replied: 'Gorgeous! I need to go in-store and see if I can see it here in Melbourne. Colour complements you so well.'

You can watch Brittany’s and Melinda’s videos below:

Source: TikTok/@brittany.melinda.

Source: TikTok/@francescaasxo.

Other items featured in the collection are the Wide-leg Pants from both the Preview and Lily Loves ranges, a Button Front Waist Coat in five different colours, Australian Cotton Rib Tank Top, and a selection of swimwear items, and linen clothing.

Similar to Kmart, Target is bringing back the 90s with some of their designs such as the One Shoulder Frill Tank and their Ramie Split Front Mini Skirt.

'Key trends for the season include bold oversized [suits], linen, cotton candy colours and the resurgence of the 90s and 00s,' said Carrie Kirkman, General Manager of Merchandise at Target.

'We’re excited to showcase these trends with a diverse range of talent on our Spring Summer runway, elevating our apparel range with a focus on quality and style at an affordable price.'

On the other hand, Kmart has also released its spring and summer collection for those looking to update their wardrobe.

One of the items in their collection is this Sleeveless Ruched Midi Dress sold only for $30! Sizes for this piece range from six to twenty. It also comes in different colors such as Papaya and Black.

2.jpg
Kmart’s Sleeveless Ruched Midi Dress can be bought for the price of $30. Image source: Kmart Australia.

The dress features adjustable shoulder straps and is designed with frill and gather detail at the hem.

Key Takeaways
  • Target has released a new spring and summer collection for 2023, including a $70 dress that is particularly popular on social media.
  • The collection was launched with an inclusive campaign featuring models of various sizes and cultural backgrounds.
  • Notable pieces in the collection also include Wide-leg Pants from both the Preview and Lily Loves ranges, a Button Front Waist Coat in five different colours, Australian Cotton Rib Tank Top, and various items bringing back the 90s trends.
  • The retailer is focusing on trends like bold oversized suits, linen, cotton candy colours and a resurgence of 90s and 00s trends, according to the General Manager of Merchandise at Target, Carrie Kirkman.
Members, are you interested in buying Target’s newest spring and summer collection? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Even amid the rising cost of living, it’s always a good idea to treat yourself to a wardrobe refresh every now and then and add some colour to your closet.

Case in point: Social media users have been sharing their love for Target's spring and summer collection campaign, which featured models from diverse cultural backgrounds and of different sizes.

The new collection features a Frill V-neck Maxi Dress from the Lily Loves range priced at $70. It comes in celery green, black, and pink and its size ranges from six to twenty.

Social media user Brittany Melinda modelled the black and green version of the dress and other users were quick to express their delight with one saying: 'Looks like I’m going to Target tomorrow.'

View attachment 31033
Target’s new spring and summer collection featured brightly coloured clothes perfect for the new season. Image source: Target Australia.

Another social media user named Francesca shared her appreciation for the pink version of the dress and said: 'It’s part of their new range. It does come in a few other colours…but I chose to go for some colour.'

Others commented on Francesca’s video and said: 'That’s phenomenal on you. I’m going to Target this weekend.'

While another replied: 'Gorgeous! I need to go in-store and see if I can see it here in Melbourne. Colour complements you so well.'

Other items featured in the collection are the Wide-leg Pants from both the Preview and Lily Loves ranges, a Button Front Waist Coat in five different colours, Australian Cotton Rib Tank Top, and a selection of swimwear items, and linen clothing.

Similar to Kmart, Target is bringing back the 90s with some of their designs such as the One Shoulder Frill Tank and their Ramie Split Front Mini Skirt.

'Key trends for the season include bold oversized [suits], linen, cotton candy colours and the resurgence of the 90s and 00s,' said Carrie Kirkman, General Manager of Merchandise at Target.

'We’re excited to showcase these trends with a diverse range of talent on our Spring Summer runway, elevating our apparel range with a focus on quality and style at an affordable price.'

On the other hand, Kmart has also released its spring and summer collection for those looking to update their wardrobe.

One of the items in their collection is this Sleeveless Ruched Midi Dress sold only for $30! Sizes for this piece range from six to twenty. It also comes in different colors such as Papaya and Black.

View attachment 31034
Kmart’s Sleeveless Ruched Midi Dress can be bought for the price of $30. Image source: Kmart Australia.

The dress features adjustable shoulder straps and is designed with frill and gather detail at the hem.

Key Takeaways

• Target has released a new spring and summer collection for 2023, including a $70 dress that is particularly popular on social media.
  • The collection was launched with an inclusive campaign featuring models of various sizes and cultural backgrounds.
  • Notable pieces in the collection also include Wide-leg Pants from both the Preview and Lily Loves ranges, a Button Front Waist Coat in five different colours, Australian Cotton Rib Tank Top, and various items bringing back the 90s trends.
  • The retailer is focusing on trends like bold oversized suits, linen, cotton candy colours and a resurgence of 90s and 00s trends, according to the General Manager of Merchandise at Target, Carrie Kirkman.
Members, are you interested in buying Target’s newest spring and summer collection? Let us know in the comments below!

Nope too daggy and what’s with the frumpy frill👎

View attachment 31033

View attachment 31034

Key Takeaways

This is a SENIOR’S club so why do they keep showing us things for YOUNG people who wear stuff like this????

Totally agree with all of the sentiments posted here. Seriously, is this website not called ‘Seniors…..’ that’s the operative word. So, then why are you promoting clothing for 20year olds to women of a more mature age. Do you get a commission for such promotions? I’m sure 20year olds wouldn’t want to be shown clothing for mature women. They’d be scathing of that. Know your audience. And, before the debate starts up….yes, women may have granddaughters etc who might be interested in such clothing. Well, that’s good and well but I’m pretty sure 20 year olds know how to look for clothing and current fashion trends online thru the myriad of social media platforms themselves. In fact, by the time you posted this item, I’m sure it’s, by far, old news to the younger generation. Anyway, keep postings to a more relevant ‘Seniors’ palate…..which doesn’t, by the way, mean “old, uninformed, childlike, aged, unstylish, unintelligent, unaware, not tech savvy, not working, not professional” etc etc etc The mature demographic are far more varied, experienced, worldly wise, travelled, educated, flexible and versatile than the younger generations will ever be. We know what we want and what we like! Cheers

Totally agree with all of the sentiments posted here. Seriously, is this website not called ‘Seniors…..’ that’s the operative word. So, then why are you promoting clothing for 20year olds to women of a more mature age. Do you get a commission for such promotions? I’m sure 20year olds wouldn’t want to be shown clothing for mature women. They’d be scathing of that. Know your audience. And, before the debate starts up….yes, women may have granddaughters etc who might be interested in such clothing. Well, that’s good and well but I’m pretty sure 20 year olds know how to look for clothing and current fashion trends online thru the myriad of social media platforms themselves. In fact, by the time you posted this item, I’m sure it’s, by far, old news to the younger generation. Anyway, keep postings to a more relevant ‘Seniors’ palate…..which doesn’t, by the way, mean “old, uninformed, childlike, aged, unstylish, unintelligent, unaware, not tech savvy, not working, not professional” etc etc etc The mature demographic are far more varied, experienced, worldly wise, travelled, educated, flexible and versatile than the younger generations will ever be. We know what we want and what we like! Cheers
I wonder if the people behind senior discount are actually seniors themselves? 🤔Come on show your faces😁and ages🙀

• Haha
Reactions: Petra
i call it patronising in the extreme when addressed in such a manner. As you say it’s a seniors web site nothing more or less. I hste the way we are treated and couldn’t agree more with the other users

View attachment 31033

View attachment 31034

Key Takeaways

THAT stuff looks absolutely HORRIBLE!!!

Reactions: Littleboy8