Garlic Bread Toasties

Sandwiches don’t have to be boring. We’re building on the classic ham and cheese toastie by giving it a delicious garlic-y twist that’s sure to have you coming back for seconds (and thirds)! The best part about this recipe is that it’s easy to make at home, and you don’t need any special equipment. So if you’re ready for something extraordinary, then let’s get cooking.

compressed-garlic-bread-toasties-135440-1.jpeg
Source: Taste

Here are the ingredients you need:

1. Half a baguette, ends trimmed, cut into 8 slices
2. 60g of garlic butter at room temperature
3. 60g of thinly sliced smoked leg ham
4. 80g of gruyere cheese, coarsely grated
5. Finely chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve

Take four slices of the baguette and spread them evenly with garlic butter. Top each slice with ham and gruyere cheese before stacking each sandwich you’ve made on top of the other.

Lightly spray some oil onto a medium-sized frying pan over medium-high heat. Place the sandwiches in the pan and cover them with a sheet of baking paper. Place a slightly smaller frying pan or saucepan on top.

Cook the sandwiches, turning halfway, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Top it all off with some fresh parsley.

Sponsored
Yum! I have been playing with toasties for a while now, quick to make and satisfying. As I am on my own I often use little amounts of leftovers. I don't use butter but I do use smears of dips or other sauces from the fridge. I like mine hot and very browned!

Reactions: Macarj
Yum! I have been playing with toasties for a while now, quick to make and satisfying. As I am on my own I often use little amounts of leftovers. I don't use butter but I do use smears of dips or other sauces from the fridge. I like mine hot and very browned!
We like to use left over bubble and squeak in toasties

Reactions: Tripper
Sandwiches don’t have to be boring. We’re building on the classic ham and cheese toastie by giving it a delicious garlic-y twist that’s sure to have you coming back for seconds (and thirds)! The best part about this recipe is that it’s easy to make at home, and you don’t need any special equipment. So if you’re ready for something extraordinary, then let’s get cooking.

View attachment 19039

Take four slices of the baguette and spread them evenly with garlic butter. Top each slice with ham and gruyere cheese before stacking each sandwich you’ve made on top of the other.

Lightly spray some oil onto a medium-sized frying pan over medium-high heat. Place the sandwiches in the pan and cover them with a sheet of baking paper. Place a slightly smaller frying pan or saucepan on top.

Cook the sandwiches, turning halfway, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Top it all off with some fresh parsley.
This recipe d

View attachment 19039

sorry not quite understanding this recipe. How does a stack Cook in a frying pan? I would of thought you Cook them individually