Game changer: Melbourne blogger reveals how to shred your roast chicken in 10 seconds

From salads, grain bowls, tacos, sandwiches, and soups, shredded chicken goes well with a variety of meals that can be prepared quickly and easily.

But how exactly do you shred a chicken? Do you use the good old "two forks" method? Or do you just use your hands?

This Melbourne home cook caused quite a stir after sharing a video demonstrating how to shred chicken in just one simple step using a gadget.

This hack left her 103,000 TikTok fans lining up at stores to purchase the "game-changer" device.

“If you’re like me and have to shred chicken for your dogs because apparently they don’t eat anything else, you can’t be getting a fork or doing it with your fingers,” she explained.

In the video, which she captioned, “You learn something new every day”, Tiffany picks up a hand mixer and points to it.
Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 1.52.45 PM.png
Using her handheld mixer, Tiffany pulled her chicken apart in seconds. Credit: tiffanykrylov/TikTok

When the mixer was turned on, the beaters caught the strips of chicken and shredded them into small bite-size pieces

“It’s so much easier, and there you go - that took me like 10 seconds,” she said.

Watch her video below:

A lot of her followers were amazed by the hack and flooded her comments section.

“What! Mind blown,” one person wrote.

“Total game-changer,” said another.

“When are you accepting marriage proposals?” one user joked.

“TikTok is teaching me so many life skills,” another said.

Her video has since been viewed over 14,000 times, with everyone agreeing it is a life-changing hack.

Have you heard of this hack before? This is something we will definitely try with our leftover chicken this Christmas.

Sponsored
Thanks for the tip. Feed my dogs chicken, when they feel like it.

Wow this is a really underrated one. I remember seeing it years ago before I had a dog. Now that I have a dog, this is going to change his life.

did she have to strip the chunks of chicken off the carcass BEFORE using the electric beaters?

When I had a dog, chicken was an occasional treat. But the hardest part is stripping the carcase and the hand beater doesn't do that!

When I had a dog, chicken was an occasional treat. But the hardest part is stripping the carcase and the hand beater doesn't do that!
Do it while the chicken is still warm, I find it much harder to do when the chicken is cold

• Wow
Reactions: Xe