From Kmart and Bunnings to real smart and stunning: This DIY pro shows us how to save almost $400 for a coffee and side table

It's no secret that we all love a good bargain! And it turns out this DIY pro we met on Instagram loves a bargain too. When she ordered a new lounge, she really wanted to get a coffee, and a side table to match. But the one she was looking at cost $500+ which was well out of her budget. So she decided to make one herself and it only cost her $115! How did she do it? She went to Kmart and Bunnings for the supplies she needed and the rest is history.

qbIV3ukU7B6DCzzp3ZFf2VmiYXmw7_X_xG24OjNVOQ3t_dUPWuRaC1A8hdXPKolfhPB0kkzfQ9PqlptvULvkIqR7zHoIQbLndH6tbJV9o6mUfDi4CwmOa-izPgzFnHZRwjLC2UQNxUkNKnRuBw

Looks like a $500 coffee table, but it’s really a coffee and side table hack for less than $200 Source: home.style.by.tiff

Here's what she bought if you'd want to give this a try:
  • Finn Side Table $19 (Kmart)
  • Ribbed Side Table $42 (Kmart)
  • 4 Pack Light Stone Decking Tiles $26 (Kmart)
  • Specrite 600mm Round Timber Panel $10 (Bunnings)
  • Dunlop 1.5kg Coloured Grout $9.53 (Bunnings)
  • Selleys Hold Up Adhesive $11.25 (Bunnings)

Now, pull up the calculator on your phone and add them up!

It's only $117.78 compared to the ones she saw costing $500. This hack would definitely give us ALMOST $400 in savings!

Thanks to her husband (who helped), her brilliant idea was made possible and if we’re being honest, this looks even better than most of the fancy ones you can find online.

If you want to achieve the same look, make sure to follow the below steps she took in assembling this smart and stunning coffee table:

First, she put the light stone decking tiles on the top of the table. Making sure they're positioned in the way you want them to be because once the adhesive is put on, it will be extremely difficult to reposition them.

Second, put the grout on top of the tiles and let it set for about an hour. After that, mix the Selleys Hold Up Adhesive following the instructions on the packaging then put it around the edge of the tiles.

Once that's done, let it dry for about 24 hours.

Now for the top part, cut the Specrite 600mm Round Timber Panel into two pieces then sand them down. Once that's done, put the Selleys Hold Up Adhesive on the underside of the table then put it on top of the tiles.

Let it dry for another 24 hours and VIOLA! You now have a beautiful and sturdy coffee table that only costs you $117.78 (to be exact).

Watch this video to see how they did it so perfectly: DIY Coffee and side table

And there you have it, a gorgeous DIY coffee and side table hack that gives you a significant amount of savings!

‘Oh it’s amazing I can’t believe it’s DIY! Wow’, said one woman in the comment section.

‘This looks incredible, Tiffany! It turned out flawless’, another added.

I can’t help but agree! Well, I wouldn’t call it ‘Smart and Stunning from Kmart and Bunnings’ for no reason…

JJdJ30dnzhZfJqAVS_Om7shzmNQNzryvtU4Kc_UXzq9e08KZU3cSY6GJ4haEiZ5AYIsOHRtRBUjqzmPJju94OUzfFZPV4v3OrcmWkY1d90pY5ZTSsUtesJgYbRjPUKm26mdj4MtDTH5684JzMg

Everyone’s so excited to duplicate this. Source: home.style.by.tiff

So if you're looking for a budget-friendly coffee table solution, then this is definitely something you should try. Not only is it easy to do, but it's also a great way to save money. Trust me, It’s something you can do, I believe in you!

What do you think about this gorgeous coffee and side table? Is this hack something you might want to try out? I mean, that hot coffee surely needs a ‘hot’ new coffee table to it on 😉 Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Reactions: BJM and Ricci
Sponsored
I must admit, it does look good but the next time I'm in the market for a coffee table I will be doing a mosaic one.:)