Friendly 'feud' continues as Robert Irwin fills in for Sam Mac on Sunrise

What a morning of wild rivalry at Sunrise's studio—and we at the SDC are eating it up like popcorn at the movies!

The beloved weather presenter, Sam Mac, decided to take a well-deserved day off, leaving the stage to none other than the amazing wildlife warrior, Robert Irwin, at Australia Zoo. Talk about an epic matchup!

These two have been playfully teasing each other on-air for a while now, and it's absolutely adorable. It's all in good fun, though—no hard feelings here! Viewers can't get enough of their friendly on-screen 'rivalry'.

But hold onto your hats, folks, because things took a wild turn during Robert's first live cross of the morning.

Screen Shot 2023-07-20 at 1.30.13 PM.png
Robert Irwin has upped the ante in his friendly 'feud' with Sunrise's Sam Mac. Credit: Instagram.

'We're just gonna up the ante; it's just gonna get bigger and bigger and bigger,' Robert said as he jokingly campaigned for a permanent spot in Sam's chair.

To make matters more interesting, he then introduced a critically endangered tortoise from Australia Zoo—which happened to be named Sam!

'He's a critically endangered elongated tortoise. Critically endangered…a bit like Sam Mac's career at the moment,' said the 19-year-old wildlife conservationist.

As hosts Monique Wright and Matt Shirvington reacted, Shirvington ended up drawing up a tally in the corner of the frame, writing: 'Robert: 1, Sam: 0'.

'But, no, he really is beautiful and… we love him,' Robert continued.

This latest move from Robert came just after Sam came across a fan cheekily calling for Robert to be the Sunrise’s weatherman while on a live report. 'When I felt everyone loved me here [in the town],' Sam said sarcastically.

'Not only has [Robert] got a new girlfriend, he's hijacking my segments when he's not even here. Do you want me to come back with a crocodile? Is that what you guys want? I'll do it. (Australia Zoo) is just down the road.'

It remains to be seen how Sam will respond to Robert.

Key Takeaways

• Robert Irwin continued his friendly 'feud' with Sunrise's weather presenter, Sam Mac, by standing in for Sam while he was on leave.
  • During his stint as the weather presenter, Irwin light-heartedly suggested Sam's career was as endangered as the tortoise from Australia Zoo, which was also named Sam.
  • This friendly banter follows a recent incident where a fan was seen holding a sign, playfully suggesting that Robert should take over Sam's spot on the morning show.

Members, if you're up for some thrilling 'drama', don't miss out on Sunrise. Who knows, we might even get to see more adorable animals joining in Sam and Robert's weather reports in the future!

Remember, news and weather aren't just about being informative and helpful; they can be seriously entertaining too! So, what's your take? Are you Team Sam Mac, or are you rooting for Robert? Drop your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Channel 7 would be a far better place to watch the Sunrise programme and others if they just got rid of this self centered weather reader Sam Mac. I find it pleasant and attentive when either Robert or any other presenter takes the spot.

Reactions: Gsr and Carolyn T
What a morning of wild rivalry at Sunrise's studio—and we at the SDC are eating it up like popcorn at the movies!

The beloved weather presenter, Sam Mac, decided to take a well-deserved day off, leaving the stage to none other than the amazing wildlife warrior, Robert Irwin, at Australia Zoo. Talk about an epic matchup!

These two have been playfully teasing each other on-air for a while now, and it's absolutely adorable. It's all in good fun, though—no hard feelings here! Viewers can't get enough of their friendly on-screen 'rivalry'.

But hold onto your hats, folks, because things took a wild turn during Robert's first live cross of the morning.

View attachment 25567
Robert Irwin has upped the ante in his friendly 'feud' with Sunrise's Sam Mac. Credit: Instagram.

'We're just gonna up the ante; it's just gonna get bigger and bigger and bigger,' Robert said as he jokingly campaigned for a permanent spot in Sam's chair.

To make matters more interesting, he then introduced a critically endangered tortoise from Australia Zoo—which happened to be named Sam!

'He's a critically endangered elongated tortoise. Critically endangered…a bit like Sam Mac's career at the moment,' said the 19-year-old wildlife conservationist.

As hosts Monique Wright and Matt Shirvington reacted, Shirvington ended up drawing up a tally in the corner of the frame, writing: 'Robert: 1, Sam: 0'.

This latest move from Robert came just after Sam came across a fan cheekily calling for Robert to be the Sunrise’s weatherman while on a live report. 'When I felt everyone loved me here [in the town],' Sam said sarcastically.

'Not only has [Robert] got a new girlfriend, he's hijacking my segments when he's not even here. Do you want me to come back with a crocodile? Is that what you guys want? I'll do it. (Australia Zoo) is just down the road.'

Key Takeaways

• Robert Irwin continued his friendly 'feud' with Sunrise's weather presenter, Sam Mac, by standing in for Sam while he was on leave.
  • During his stint as the weather presenter, Irwin light-heartedly suggested Sam's career was as endangered as the tortoise from Australia Zoo, which was also named Sam.
  • This friendly banter follows a recent incident where a fan was seen holding a sign, playfully suggesting that Robert should take over Sam's spot on the morning show.

Members, if you're up for some thrilling 'drama', don't miss out on Sunrise. Who knows, we might even get to see more adorable animals joining in Sam and Robert's weather reports in the future!

Remember, news and weather aren't just about being informative and helpful; they can be seriously entertaining too! So, what's your take? Are you Team Sam Mac, or are you rooting for Robert? Drop your thoughts in the comments below!
I love Sam Mac! When my mother was dying in hospital he sent her a personal message which made her smile as she loved him too! That is one of many reasons I’m Team Sam! Robert is wonderful, but Sam is more holistic, he reaches out to fans and has a wicked sense of humour that makes me laugh❤️

View attachment 25567

Key Takeaways

not a fan of the irwin family. they can bug off. I feel for the Granddad who has missed out on so much, and these through his generosity are everywhere. NO not on my xmas card list. I do not consider it a family feud with Sam I consider it underlying threats.

View attachment 25567

Key Takeaways

Robert needs to stick to the zoo and be like his dad and lay off playing into the TV stations hands of wanting him on their shows. He needs to reboot his dads shows as they were good and he is just as active and animated as his dad, he'd be excellent at it and if any one could pull it off it would be him.
Sam Mac is an idiot who couldn't bother turning up to a couple hours work for one day - the lazy 'over-worked bugger!

Anyone would be better than Sam, on the rare occasions we bring ourselves to turn on channel 7 we flick the channel as soon as Sam is coming on.