Osor

Apr 11, 2024
Freewallet continues the deception!

photo_2024-05-31_22-35-16.jpg
As part of our ongoing efforts to protect cryptocurrency users from fraud, we have come across yet another disturbing case involving the infamous cryptocurrency wallet Freewallet Freewallet. Recently, a user from Russia contacted us with a disturbing story that clearly demonstrates the deceptive tactics used by Freewallet.

The person, who wished to remain anonymous, registered on Freewallet around April 21-22 and funded his wallet with a significant amount of $6,400. However, as early as April 26, he discovered that he could not access his funds as the wallet hung on an endless loading screen. In desperation and anxiety, the user contacted Freewallet support for help.

After contacting support, access to the wallet was temporarily restored, indicating that the site's algorithm had automatically blocked the user's login. However, this was only the beginning of his ordeal. The user was asked to provide data about all IP addresses from which the wallet was accessed and about each transaction. Despite the intrusive nature of these requests, the user agreed and documented everything in detail in his email correspondence.

As another example of Freewallet's manipulative tactics, a user was asked to record a video from another Bings exchange account showing the transaction that sent the money. Again, the user agreed, hoping to resolve the issue and regain access to their funds.

Despite fulfilling all of these requirements, the user's problem remains unresolved. It is becoming increasingly apparent that Freewallet is using these endless verification steps not as a legitimate security measure, but as a tactic to frustrate and ultimately steal user funds.

Repeated occurrences

This case is not an isolated incident. We have received numerous reports from users around the world who have experienced similar issues with Freewallet. App administrators seem to be using KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) procedures as a cover for their fraudulent activities, blocking accounts and denying withdrawals under the pretext of security checks.

Our job is to stop these scammers and protect users from their schemes. If you have experienced similar problems with Freewallet, we encourage you to spread the word. Share your story with us at [email protected]. Together, we can expose these scams and prevent other users from being defrauded.

For those who have been victimized, we offer assistance in documenting evidence of fraud and drafting legal appeals to the appropriate authorities. Our goal is to ensure that stolen funds are returned to all victims and to hold Freewallet accountable for their actions.

Be vigilant and remember that your voice matters in the fight against cryptocurrency fraud.

Do not use the internet/mobile phone for financial transactions. Any scammer can set up advertisement that will lead you to trust the scammer. And beware how you use your credit/debit card. Some presumably taxi driver I had employed for a genuine ride managed to put a bill of $200 on my card for a fare to a town I have never knowingly visited. The date of alleged travel and stolen money is in my bank statement. To-date the taxi company, a large one, has not refunded me.

How do I know that that Scamwatch advertisement is not a scam? Plenty of people have felt obliged to put cash in a collection plate because of the Bible.

Reactions: SandyM
How do I know that that Scamwatch advertisement is not a scam? Plenty of people have felt obliged to put cash in a collection plate because of the Bible.
Go to their site. That’s what you should always do. Do not click in an advertisement link. 😜

I got as far as 'cryptocurrency' and stopped reading.

If people want to try for a get rich quick scheme that's up to them. If they get conned, that's also up to them.🙄
I do not trust anything to do with "Cryptocurrency". Too many scammers taking people for a ride with the promise of fast easy money. You would think people would wake up to the scammers, if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is.

Reactions: freedy50 and Abby2
You will not catch me putting cash into a collection plate :)