FREE Christmas hampers from Woolworths!

While there are still a few weeks left leading up to Christmas Day, Woolworths is getting a headstart on spreading the holiday cheer!

The supermarket giant has randomly selected a handful of loyal Everyday Rewards members to receive free Christmas hampers, which will include a wide range of goods for the selected customers and their families to enjoy.

“At Woolworths, we strive to bring a little good to our customers’ lives every day with good acts,” said a Woolworths spokesperson.

“To spread the Christmas cheer, our team will be surprising some of our loyal Everyday Rewards members with Christmas hampers to help kick start their holiday gifting season.”

dnsb2_CzaK4NHFAO0rC7PdKkx6kMi9orsFJUNHyoamde334SzFxTUHWy_fQsNQrA3ztiBMOzpcNMbUbRe-cOeYGMlmNEjOl083nUi5ib5Fjwa3fk63uOIvGI6q3upNWZSzHAdIJg

Woolworths is saying ‘thank you’ to its loyal customers. Photo from Inside FMCG.

Nicole Smith from Prospect, South Australia, was among the lucky members chosen to receive one of the hampers.

“Woolworths contacted me to say thank you for being a great customer with them online and that they knew Australians were going through a hard time with COVID, lockdowns, and everything and wanted to bring some Christmas cheer,” said the Woolies shopper.

“And it certainly did! I don’t have the hamper yet, but it will come in a few weeks.”

“It’s nice to get something to say thank you.”

Ms Smith has been shopping with Woolworths online for the past nine years and was so grateful to have been recognised as a loyal customer by the store.

“Money is tight for everyone at the moment and it’s just nice to know those big companies care enough to say thank you,” she also added that the hamper was a welcomed helping hand at this time of the year.

“Plus free goodies are always great!”

6J_TmC7nrnnzY-u8ajB2EsakRMlzfjDMWgel6qbgrx1I1GqXHbTWbakwkLlTt1Tf9M_ybDqmGwmizcTZEEwFzK97_4FiZbfOQQ94dGwPZmbtdAn8NgCDQn7Q59BqE2OzRXwT7-8k

Woolworths has changed the name of their supermarket loyalty program from Woolworths Rewards to Everyday Rewards. Photo from Flight Hacks.

While some lucky customers like Ms Smith can’t wait to receive their hampers, others thought the idea sounded too good to be true.

After the post about Woolies giving free gifts circulated on social media, some shoppers said it all sounded very suspicious.

“How did Woolworths get your phone info? It sounds like a scam to me. I would ring the Woolworths head office directly to clarify, then if they say no - I would look at the number on your mobile, go to scam watch, and report them,” wrote one person, staying wary from the number of phone scams lately.

“That sounds fishy… scammers have been using company numbers to call people. But if it’s 100 per cent legit, then I’m happy for you,” another user advised.

However, others quickly confirmed that the free hampers from Woolworths were legitimate and they’d received a call too.

“I just called and the girl confirmed it was all above board. Woolworths is sending hampers to customers, to say thank you for their support and they know that people have struggled with COVID, etc,” one person verified.

“No scam, I called the 1800 number for online Woolworths and it’s not a scam; I am getting my hamper today,” added another.

It is understandable that some customers are on high alert with several phone scams circulating at this time of the year.

Woolworths has confirmed that the lucky selected customers would receive a call directly from the Woolworths Customer Hub.

If any shoppers suspect a scam, visit the Woolworths Scams Alert page which is updated regularly.

Are there Everyday Rewards members here? Let us know if you have received a Woolies hamper too!

Sponsored
Fingers crossed🤞...I also have been having home deliveries once per week since they started in our area...about 9 years.
Since they introduced the Everyday Rewards scheme ($10 per 2000 points) I have had "Rewards Dollars Enjoyed" $3,890. ($2690 + $1200 Bank for Christmas)

Reactions: Fat&fancy
I received a hamper but no sender name. I am not aware who sent it nor did I get a phone call from Woolworths. It’s in a blue box. Is yours?

I am a Woollies Reward Member but unfortunately I have not been notified about a Hamper :cry:. Thankfully I have $80.00 Reward Dollars for Christmas

I've only been shopping at Woollies ever since before the rewards system even started! I'll not hold my breath...:(

Reactions: Defiant540
I have been using Woolies for years since before the reward system, but I probably don't spend enough to qualify, so won't hold my breath.:confused:

Reactions: Defiant540