Foodie shares GENIUS hack of measuring honey and other sticky substances

We are sure every member of the SDC who bakes and cooks knows all too well how frustrating it can be when measuring honey, and it adheres to the spoon, leaving behind a sticky mess that often mixes with the other ingredients. The only real positive about measuring something like honey is being able to lick the spoon after, but not everyone like someone who has to watch their sugar intake has this luxury.

Thankfully for us, a Swedish foodie has shared her 15-second trick that might just change the way you bake!

-Ay73TaWJwOPg0N4A8EM7P5S45bYQznoIb4WKPkZ62r2wMpdBN2waDGMAsjJSUS9EBVSULCXgv0DogLDAGWVn-8J6cSV4mdvesodOYc4OgjnZY2i9SP8AEMXf5HKcJP4ZakA1yXg

Photos from TikTok / @frederikkewaerens.

Frederikke revealed her method on TikTok, showing how she flawlessly measures one tablespoon of honey using flour.

The clip opened with a heap of flour and a measuring spoon. Then, she proceeded to press the metal tablespoon into the flour to create a spoon-shaped indent.

Next, she took her bottle of honey and squeezed the gooey liquid onto the hollow crater - thus perfectly measuring out one tablespoon!

The TikTok video went viral almost immediately, gaining over 910,000 views within four days. Comments flooded in commending the foodie for her unique and genius hack.

“Well, this is insanely brilliant,” wrote one user, while another said: “OMG, you are a genius!”

“You’re kidding… here I am overfilling my tablespoon because I know I won’t be able to get it all,” said another, amazed by the mess-free hack.

Others offered suggestions, such as using the hack to measure other greasy substances like oil easily.

The only real negative thing about this hack is the fact it can only really be used when you have something like flour or sugar to be able to put the indent into, which luckily in most baking recipes you do!

How come we never thought of this one before!? This hack is definitely a must-try, especially when baking. Let us know if this trick works for you guys as well.

Reactions: Fat&fancy
Sponsored
Foodie shares GENIUS hack of measuring honey and other sticky substances

We are sure every member of the SDC who bakes and cooks knows all too well how frustrating it can be when measuring honey, and it adheres to the spoon, leaving behind a sticky mess that often mixes with the other ingredients. The only real positive about measuring something like honey is being able to lick the spoon after, but not everyone like someone who has to watch their sugar intake has this luxury.

Thankfully for us, a Swedish foodie has shared her 15-second trick that might just change the way you bake!

-Ay73TaWJwOPg0N4A8EM7P5S45bYQznoIb4WKPkZ62r2wMpdBN2waDGMAsjJSUS9EBVSULCXgv0DogLDAGWVn-8J6cSV4mdvesodOYc4OgjnZY2i9SP8AEMXf5HKcJP4ZakA1yXg

Photos from TikTok / @frederikkewaerens.

Frederikke revealed her method on TikTok, showing how she flawlessly measures one tablespoon of honey using flour.

The clip opened with a heap of flour and a measuring spoon. Then, she proceeded to press the metal tablespoon into the flour to create a spoon-shaped indent.

Next, she took her bottle of honey and squeezed the gooey liquid onto the hollow crater - thus perfectly measuring out one tablespoon!

The TikTok video went viral almost immediately, gaining over 910,000 views within four days. Comments flooded in commending the foodie for her unique and genius hack.

“Well, this is insanely brilliant,” wrote one user, while another said: “OMG, you are a genius!”

“You’re kidding… here I am overfilling my tablespoon because I know I won’t be able to get it all,” said another, amazed by the mess-free hack.

Others offered suggestions, such as using the hack to measure other greasy substances like oil easily.

The only real negative thing about this hack is the fact it can only really be used when you have something like flour or sugar to be able to put the indent into, which luckily in most baking recipes you do!

How come we never thought of this one before!? This hack is definitely a must-try, especially when baking. Let us know if this trick works for you guys as well.

Great idea!!:cool:

How come something "so simple" has taken so long to think of?
😀😀I agree. I cook a lot. I deviate recipes to try on and it works. But I must admit I don’t measure honey . I pour them and mix them and just feel the whole ingredients . And taste them .