Fairygrandma1

Nov 19, 2022
Foggy Emu, Darnum, VIC. 25 Jul 2023.

I have never seen this beautiful bird anywhere near the front of the farm paddock before now, and this morning we were all in the right place at the right time. I was driving through the backroads of Darnum in the Gippsland area of Victoria at 11 in the morning, it was 4° and there was a really thick fog. To my great surprise this beautiful specimen was preening right in front of my eyes, definitely posing for a photo opportunity, so I obliged and this is the result.
This is NOT a common sight at ALL as emus are not indigenous to this area due to the cold weather.
Erynne BAYNES,
Warragul, Victoria.Foggy Emu, Darnum, VIC. 25 Jul 2023..jpg

Attachments

• Foggy Emu, Darnum, VIC. 25 Jul 2023..jpg
    Foggy Emu, Darnum, VIC. 25 Jul 2023..jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Foggy Emu, Darnum, VIC. 25 Jul 2023.

I have never seen this beautiful bird anywhere near the front of the farm paddock before now, and this morning we were all in the right place at the right time. I was driving through the backroads of Darnum in the Gippsland area of Victoria at 11 in the morning, it was 4° and there was a really thick fog. To my great surprise this beautiful specimen was preening right in front of my eyes, definitely posing for a photo opportunity, so I obliged and this is the result.
This is NOT a common sight at ALL as emus are not indigenous to this area due to the cold weather.
Erynne BAYNES,
Warragul, Victoria.View attachment 26241
Oh my goodness! What an amazing way to start the day. A rare moment right here, folks!

Reactions: Jarred Santos
Oh my goodness! What an amazing way to start the day. A rare moment right here, folks!
Yep I agree with you . I have had the pleasure of seeing the Big Bird with her chicks heaps of times , and am still in awe as to their inquisitiveness's as they will come up to you to check you out , but move a muscle and they are GAWN.

Reactions: Jarred Santos