Flight attendant ridiculed online for unusual hotel beverage!

We have all been in a situation when hunger starts to kick in, and you’re stuck away from home and the usual comforts of your kitchen. That’s where inventive problem-solving skills come in.

That’s what Kaitlyn, a US flight attendant, was hoping for when she arrived at her hotel room late after a flight and needed something to eat.

Kaitlyn was in between flights, and with no microwave in sight, she had to think outside the box to create her own meal.

'A lot of times I get to my hotel room at the most random times—it could be super late at night and there’s not always a microwave,' she said in her video.

Kaitlyn then took chicken bouillon cubes usually used for making chicken stock or soup and put them in a cup.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 105823.png
Flight Attendant Kaitlyn was mocked for her drink made of chicken cubes. Image: TikTok / @flightattendantlifewkait

After that, she filled her coffee pot with water and placed the cup underneath to fill it with hot water.

‘I hope it doesn’t taste like coffee,’ she said while waiting for her cup.

‘I just read the instructions, it says you’re only supposed to put half in a cup.’

‘So, I might have to make two cups.’

However, Kaitlyn encountered a problem. 'I don’t have any more cups, so I don’t think I thought this through,' she said.

Because she had no other cups left, she poured the water with cubes in her two cups to mix it well.

'Life of a flight attendant, guys,' she joked.

‘Sometimes we’re in Paris eating at a beautiful cafe.’

‘Some days we’re making soup out of like broth. I don't even know what I want to call that.’

‘This is like flavoured water basically.’

When she was done, she tasted her on-the-spot chicken soup and rated it 7 out of 10. However, people online ridiculed her for her methods.

'No! Not the coffee pot!' one said.

'You don’t cook much do you? That’s a bouillon cube. Just bring a can of chicken broth and a can opener,' another wrote, to which Kaitlyn answered: ‘Hahaha no I don't, that's embarrassing.’

‘At that point I’d just go to sleep,’ another joked.

You can watch Kaitlyn’s full video below:

Key Takeaways
  • A US flight attendant has been ridiculed online for her unusual hotel drink.
  • She made a drink by putting chicken bouillon cubes into a cup of hot water she made using the coffee pot in her hotel room.
  • She posted the video of her making the drink on social media where she rated the taste 7 out of 10.
  • Online users were quick to ridicule her, with comments suggesting she should have brought canned chicken broth and a can opener.

What do you think about Kaitlyn’s food trick? Would you have done the same? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

• Angry
Reactions: BJM and Sockjoan
Sponsored
We have all been in a situation when hunger starts to kick in, and you’re stuck away from home and the usual comforts of your kitchen. That’s where inventive problem-solving skills come in.

That’s what Kaitlyn, a US flight attendant, was hoping for when she arrived at her hotel room late after a flight and needed something to eat.

Kaitlyn was in between flights, and with no microwave in sight, she had to think outside the box to create her own meal.

'A lot of times I get to my hotel room at the most random times—it could be super late at night and there’s not always a microwave,' she said in her video.

Kaitlyn then took chicken bouillon cubes usually used for making chicken stock or soup and put them in a cup.

View attachment 36655
Flight Attendant Kaitlyn was mocked for her drink made of chicken cubes. Image: TikTok / @flightattendantlifewkait

After that, she filled her coffee pot with water and placed the cup underneath to fill it with hot water.

‘I just read the instructions, it says you’re only supposed to put half in a cup.’

However, Kaitlyn encountered a problem. 'I don’t have any more cups, so I don’t think I thought this through,' she said.

Because she had no other cups left, she poured the water with cubes in her two cups to mix it well.

‘Some days we’re making soup out of like broth. I don't even know what I want to call that.’

When she was done, she tasted her on-the-spot chicken soup and rated it 7 out of 10. However, people online ridiculed her for her methods.

'You don’t cook much do you? That’s a bouillon cube. Just bring a can of chicken broth and a can opener,' another wrote, to which Kaitlyn answered: ‘Hahaha no I don't, that's embarrassing.’

Key Takeaways

• She made a drink by putting chicken bouillon cubes into a cup of hot water she made using the coffee pot in her hotel room.
  • She posted the video of her making the drink on social media where she rated the taste 7 out of 10.
  • Online users were quick to ridicule her, with comments suggesting she should have brought canned chicken broth and a can opener.

What do you think about Kaitlyn’s food trick? Would you have done the same? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

How is this even a story, fair dinkum!

Reactions: Veggiepatch

View attachment 36655

Key Takeaways

I absolutely commend her for doing this, years ago we used to do that in Europe. When your hungry anything goes. I still at times do this, I also think people who haven't tried this or anything else that is unusual should not be so quick in criticising.

View attachment 36655

Key Takeaways

The suggestion that she should bring a can of soup and a can-opener with her is absurd. Chicken cubes are much easier to pack. I often drink chicken broth made from a cube with my lunch-time sandwich in winter.

Reactions: PattiB and anne2162
The suggestion that she should bring a can of soup and a can-opener with her is absurd. Chicken cubes are much easier to pack. I often drink chicken broth made from a cube with my lunch-time sandwich in winter.
Good for you. 🙂🙂

Reactions: PattiB
Can’t believe SDC thought this newsworthy enough to put in!!! Rubbish!
Have you ever gone hungry? obviously not, for if you had you would not have said what you did. Try it sometime you might even like it. I have been doing this for the last few years as I don't always have money to purchase food.

Have you ever gone hungry? obviously not, for if you had you would not have said what you did. Try it sometime you might even like it. I have been doing this for the last few years as I don't always have money to purchase food.
excuse me - I have done this since I was a child - it is nothing new and quite honestly quite ridiculous to write about! It is nothing to do with going hungry!

excuse me - I have done this since I was a child - it is nothing new and quite honestly quite ridiculous to write about! It is nothing to do with going hungry!
Well you certainly proved your stupidity, when your hungry you will eat anything that is a little nourishing and will sustain you. You must be rich to be able to afford to eat regularly.

Well you certainly proved your stupidity, when your hungry you will eat anything that is a little nourishing and will sustain you. You must be rich to be able to afford to eat regularly.
Like I said the article has nothing to do with going hungry - just how to get a quick fix when nothing is open!!! Don’t be so stupid as to say I must be rich to eat regularly!!

The video is all a big put on. When does someone make a video of themselves making a cup of ‘soup’? She obviously wanted to get on TikTok or something else for her 5 minutes of fame. Either that, or she is just plain ignorant. Using stock cubes or soup cubes is a quick fix if you’re hungry or even feeling a bit squeamish, it’s nothing new. People do this all the time, rich or not. It is a convenient quick fix if you do not feel like a full meal.

The video is all a big put on. When does someone make a video of themselves making a cup of ‘soup’? She obviously wanted to get on TikTok or something else for her 5 minutes of fame. Either that, or she is just plain ignorant. Using stock cubes or soup cubes is a quick fix if you’re hungry or even feeling a bit squeamish, it’s nothing new. People do this all the time, rich or not. It is a convenient quick fix if you do not feel like a full meal.
Being a flight attendant the lass may have arrived and all shops are closed. Not all countries have stores open 24 hours.

I was in a similar situation - but was lucky enough to have brought those flavoured cups with two minute noodles - just add hot water. In China some airports have hot water and you see the locals make this meal a lot.