Fitness queen shares her 5-minute tuna salad recipe

Aussie ‘fitness queen’ Kayla Itsines has shared her favourite tuna salad recipe; it’s easy to make, hassle-free, packed with nutrients, and does not take more than five minutes to prepare.

bvPP5Qq12DRchDRCxAGzH-T7IdxVfXgNCG48hcizuZJdvD4a1ByGmLsOBtV4dZcDPo9XfjSVctZ24K0kCTwXrM6zgwhXrWvFo8bC9K484owigfs2nAZUH73AuOOFQ5ti7VPosuD_

Kayla described the meal as her "go-to" recipe. Photos from Instagram / Kayla Itsines.

“It’s full of fresh vegetables, which is great, but I find that adding rice and tuna is important too because it helps to fill me up and gives me energy for my day,” the 30-year-old mum wrote on Instagram.

All ingredients are usually in her fridge, so it’s “really quick to put together”; these are mainly cherry tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, red onion, a tin of tuna, white rice, a drizzle of balsamic glaze, olive oil, salt, and pepper.

The process for making the dish is straightforward; just mix a handful of chopped cherry tomatoes, half an avocado, thinly sliced red onions, and half a cup of cooked white rice, then finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, olive oil, salt and pepper.

“Throw everything into a bowl, mix, and it’s ready to eat. This will literally take you less than five minutes to make,” she said.

“I’ve used white rice here, but I use brown rice too. I have pre-made packs of rice from the grocery store that I keep in my pantry.”

Kayla Itsines is the founder of the fitness app SWEAT and has over 13.6 million followers on Instagram.

Her recipe garnered more than 35,000 likes, with many fans saying her salad looks “super yummy” and “simple” as well.

“I eat this meal a lot; it’s so filling,” one follower wrote. Another added: “I eat this for lunch every day because it’s very easy and quick to make. I switch it up sometimes with a fried egg or a different dressing.”

Cherry tomatoes, avocado, tuna, rice, and balsamic glaze in one dish? Yes, please! Does this recipe make you a little bit more excited than usual for a salad?

Sponsored
Does it count as salad if there's rice in?