Fitness coach shares HASSLE-FREE, LIFE-CHANGING HACK to speed up the ripening of unripe avocados in less than 24 hours

If you're an avocado lover, you know the pain of having an unripe avocado sitting in your fruit bowl - there’s nothing worse than being in the mood for avo on toast or a cheeky chips and guacamole but your fruit is still hard as a rock.

Luckily, there's a hack for ripening an avocado in 24 hours or less!

Fitness coach Caroline Høgh Groth has taken to Instagram to share a "life-changing" hack for getting your unripe avocados ready for consumption in less than a day.

Credit: Instagram/carolinehgroth

The best part? You will only be needing a brown paper bag and a kiwi fruit to do this hack.

You read that right, folks! The hassle-free hack only requires you to place the avocado alongside one kiwi fruit inside the brown paper bag and to keep it in a cool dry place for 24 hours.

S25_bBk6iHPe492BEfaA9vDQBVM23BpUu03_ecD8yWjKuQcbvDt95Uxsv67Lvfqdm1OvaTxxe5mxCfYZcBepIQ8om3GBtmkJInoFa4ttdSF64Yw9ccghFO-iCDXumpM4AbcymOk0SKBJuNy0

Keeping avocados with a piece of kiwi fruit inside a brown paper bag can speed up its ripening process. Credit: Getty Images/Westend61.

Caroline claimed that the ethylene gas that the kiwi fruit emits accelerates the ripening process of the avo.

She explained: "The kiwi fruit releases ethylene gas - a plant hormone that aids the ripening process - and the paper bag traps the gas so the process works faster meaning you’ll have ripe avocados in 24 hours."

For those of you who are looking for some tips on how to properly store avocados, we have some advice for you:

1. Store avocados in a cool, dry place.

It is best to store avocados in a cool, dry storage instead of a humid environment as the humidity can make the flesh of the fruit spoil easily.

2. Do not store avocados in the refrigerator.

Similar to tip number 1, the humidity inside refrigerators can make the avo rot fast.

3. Store avocados in a paper bag or a perforated plastic bag.

This allows the fruit to ripen evenly and prevents it from becoming overripe.

4. Store avocados away from other fruits and vegetables.

The natural gasses, such as ethylene, that the other fruits release cause avocados to become overripe or spoiled as these gasses speed up the ripening process of the fruit, so keep them segregated unless you want them to ripen quickly!

5. Check avocados regularly for spoilage.

Avocados can go from ripe to overripe in just a day or two, so it's important to check them often. Check for signs of browning and try to feel if there are spots that are soft or mushy.

6. Use avocados within a few days of purchase.

Avocados spoil fast so if you're looking to save money, make sure that you only purchase avocados that you will consume immediately.

So, there you have it, folks! Are you looking forward to trying this hack? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Another LIFE CHANGING HACK....

My bloody life has been hacked and changed so many times since I joined ASDC, I just don't know which life I'm actually living at the present time. I'm so dizzy, my head is spinning

Another LIFE CHANGING HACK....

My bloody life has been hacked and changed so many times since I joined ASDC, I just don't know which life I'm actually living at the present time. I'm so dizzy, my head is spinning
Don't not worry, you obviously don't need anything extra to think about or entertain you.
Just keep doing what you've always been doing, and enjoy it.

Reactions: Ricci