joebee

Jun 26, 2022
Shaggers Mountain, Sydney.
First post, I think.

Hello all, just retired about a month ago. Hobbies are reading e-books and collecting them, movies and TV shows. Like making things and repairing things around the house. Been married since 5th December 1975. Have a little dog called Roxy the mini Foxie lying on my lap as I write this. Love travelling, my wife and I have been to the Cook Islands, Rarotonga for 5 times and Aitutaki for 4 times, before Covid hit, cruised from Long Beach L.A for 23 days back to Oz, cruised to NZ for 2 weeks and visited Hobiton and it was great as were the Sounds. While in the North Island we found a little town called Russell which we found amazing and liked it so much we are going back there for 2 weeks. View of Sunset Resort in the attached photo, Rarotonga and Aitutaki are a most amazing place we have ever visited and stayed for 5 years in a row. Very relaxing and the people are nice and accomodating.

Attachments

• sunset-resort-rarotonga-loungers.jpg
    sunset-resort-rarotonga-loungers.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 0
Welcome! Congrats on retirement - how exciting :D I'm sure Roxy will be glad to see more of you! What sort of books and movies do you enjoy? I'm a bit of a reader myself :)

Hi, I collect all sorts of e-books, (I have a spreadsheet of all e-books all 21,624 of them). I have just started collecting audiobooks as well, I now have a list of 539 of them. Movies, I like all decent movies as well as documentaries and TV shows, I have now 30,004 of them. I keep them all on external hard drives, I also collect music files as well. The audiobooks and movies can be downloaded from Youtube for free. I have spreadsheets of all, bar the music files. That is my hobby, I have that many files I will never watch in this lifetime for sure.

First post, I think.

Hello all, just retired about a month ago. Hobbies are reading e-books and collecting them, movies and TV shows. Like making things and repairing things around the house. Been married since 5th December 1975. Have a little dog called Roxy the mini Foxie lying on my lap as I write this. Love travelling, my wife and I have been to the Cook Islands, Rarotonga for 5 times and Aitutaki for 4 times, before Covid hit, cruised from Long Beach L.A for 23 days back to Oz, cruised to NZ for 2 weeks and visited Hobiton and it was great as were the Sounds. While in the North Island we found a little town called Russell which we found amazing and liked it so much we are going back there for 2 weeks. View of Sunset Resort in the attached photo, Rarotonga and Aitutaki are a most amazing place we have ever visited and stayed for 5 years in a row. Very relaxing and the people are nice and accomodating.
Welcome, welcome, welcome, @joebee! This is such a lovely introduction :) Thank you so much for joining!