A couple of years ago, I was pulled over by a police woman holding a radar gun. She asked me why I was speed, I said I did not think that I was in 60 Klm limit. The police woman then said "this is now a 50 klm speed area!" Bugger she had me. She asked for my driving license, handing the gun to her partner. She walked over to the police car and radioed HQ to verify my details and car registration.
When she walked back to my care I said, "did you hear the one about the guy in a Porsche who was having a leisurely drive down a country road, when a police car with its lights flashing and siren blaring came up behind him. He thought the police is a Holden Calais and I can loose him in my Porsche, so he planted the foot and took of in a cloud of dust leaving the police car behind.
After a few Kilometers the guy in the Porsche is thinking to himself, "I am 46 a business person and should not be doing this?" He decides to pull over and wait for the police car to catch up.
After a few minutes the police car comes around the corner with the lights flashing and the siren blaring away and comes to a screaming halt in a cloud of dust behind the Porsche.
The Police officer gets out of the car and slams the door as he is not happy. He walks to the driver in the Porsche with the window down and says "what the hell are you doing, my shift finished 10 minutes ago, I am late for a fifth anniversary dinner, with my wife at a plush restaurant! I was only going to tell you that your left break light is not working! Unless you have a very good excuse for taking off like that I am going to throw the book at you!"
The Porsche driver says "It's like this officer, my wife shot through with a police officer nearly 18 months ago, when I saw you r car with the flashing lights and siren screaming, I thought your police car was him, bringing the bitch back!"
The Police woman talking to me, burst out laughing and said "that is a cracker! I will get a good laugh at the pub with the guys tonight with that one! But I am still going to write you at speeding fine!"
I replied "Bugger! I tried.

• Wow
Reactions: Veggiepatch