Find out how to get Pokémon collectables for your loved ones when you shop at Coles!

Pokémon fans, collectors, bargain hunters and those who want gifts for their grandkids—listen up!

Coles has just announced an exciting new promotion that will have you ready to grab your shopping bags and hit the aisles.

Starting February 7th, the iconic Australian supermarket will be giving away free Pokémon toys to customers who spend $30 or more in one transaction.

With 35 little figures to collect, including beloved characters like Pikachu, Charmander and Bulbasaur, this is a must for any fan of the classic franchise.

The Pokémon Coles Builder collection has 35 unique characters, and it's rumoured that rare builders may also be up for grabs throughout the promotion.

To help you keep track of your collection, Coles is offering a Pokémon Collector’s Guide, along with a range of other purchasable accessories.

Screenshot 2024-01-30 130457.png
Coles customers can get a Pokemon collectible with every $30 spent in stores and online. Image: Facebook/@Woolworths Disney 100 Wonders and All Woolworths & Coles Collections Group

But that's not all! Bonus Pokémon Builders will be available for shoppers who purchase selected products from participating brands.

To promote healthy eating habits among Australian school children, Coles is also launching a challenge on the same day.

A Coles spokesperson told a news source: 'We are launching the Coles Builders Lunchbox Challenge, this is part of a wider program to promote healthy eating for kids.’

‘With the help of a free challenge poster, kids will be encouraged to try more types of fruit and veg. For every piece of fruit or veg added to lunchboxes, kids can colour a star and be on their way to become a Lunchbox Master.'

The spokesperson added: ‘On Wednesday 7th February, for the first time at Coles, 35 unique Coles Builders, Pokémon Edition will be available to collect featuring some fan favourites, like Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Pikachu, all made from 100 per cent FSC® certified cardboard sourced from responsibly managed forests and recyclable in household recycling bins at the end of play.’

The news of the promotion was leaked by a Coles employee on a popular social media group, sparking a wave of excitement among customers.

'Ooh I’ll be collecting, I love Pokémon,' one user commented on a Woolworths fan page.

Another exclaimed, 'Please don’t tell my kids!' while a third wrote, 'Oh can’t wait for these!'

Furthermore, customers will collect a bonus Pokémon Builder when they purchase a selected product from one of these participating brands:
  • Bega
  • Nature’s Kitchen
  • Purina Supercoat
  • Fairy
  • Omo
  • Yoplait
  • Head & Shoulders
  • Four ‘N’ Twenty
  • Glad
  • Whiskas
  • Patties
  • Farmers Union
  • Tip Top
  • Praise
  • Hismile
  • Chux
  • Joyful
  • John West
  • McCain
  • Kleenex

The Coles Pokémon collectables campaign taps into this enduring craze, offering fans and children alike a chance to collect their favourite characters or their loved ones’ favourite.

Key Takeaways

• Coles is introducing a new collectables campaign featuring Pokémon characters, with shoppers receiving a free builder with every $30 spent.
  • There are 35 different Pokémon Coles Builders to collect, and the promotion includes rare builders as well as a range of purchasable Pokémon accessories.
  • The collectables are part of Coles’ commitment to environmental sustainability, being made from 100 per cent FSC® certified cardboard and being recyclable.
  • In conjunction with the collectables, Coles will also launch the Coles Builder Lunchbox Challenge to encourage healthy eating among Australian school children.

So, members, are you ready to catch 'em all at Coles? Your grandchildren may want those collectibles as a gift. Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
I never realised just how much the world really doesn't need this latest manufactured "must-have" item.

• Haha
Reactions: hinda and Monks
Since we do some of our shopping at Coles, for us it is useful If we were not doing any shopping from Coles, it would not motivate us to shop from Coles. I think our grandkids would enjoy these "toys".

FREE!!!!! What a joke. 35x30 = $1,050.00. That's one thousand and fifty dollars. More of Coles ripping off people, for some toys that probably cost less.than one dollar to make.
You have the choice to take them or leave them. The $30 is what you spend on your groceries. So you are not buying them, but your shopping.

From here on in, include me out. Strange definition of "free".
the way I look at is - I do my sopping in Coles every week, at the end of the shop, they hand me these cards, I haven't really paid for them, per se !

• Wow
Reactions: Monks
And, like all of these "come in, ya galah" exercises, there's bound to be an extra-special, you-beaut, "collectors only", deluxe card that they absolutely have to have to have to round off their collection. No Pokemon set is complete without it. Not in the latest buy? No problem, just do another eight or nine shopping trips until you luck onto one. Still no got, after outlaying a couple of hundred bucks or three or four? Tough toenails, kid. Wait until the Next Big Thing comes along. And not only that ... WAIT FOR IT! They're made of sturdy, 100% recyclable, durable CARDBOARD, which guarantees your loved ones will want replacements sooner rather than later. Guess where they'll go? You're right ...

Last edited:
And, like all of these "come in, ya galah" exercises, there's bound to be an extra-special, you-beaut, "collectors only", deluxe card that they absolutely have to have to have to round off their collection. No Pokemon set is complete without it. Not in the latest buy? No problem, just do another eight or nine shopping trips until you luck onto one. Still no got, after outlaying a couple of hundred bucks or three or four? Tough toenails, kid. Wait until the Next Big Thing comes along.
🤣🤣so true.

• Haha
Thanks Coles, just another excuse to add extra cost to the already over inflated prices. If you want customers, try reducing your prices rather than increase them.

Speaking of Coles. the service at my local Coles is getting worse every time I go there. Today when I was there I had a small trolley full of items ad wanted to do a split payment so I wanted to use a staffed checkout. Well only 1 was open and by the time I lined up there were 4 people there, 1 being served, 1 with groceries unloading and 2 waiting. There were 3 staff in the self serve area. It took about 10 minutes before one of the staff in self serve had enough sense to call for priority service to registers. After another 4/5 minutes a more senior staff member came and opened another checkout. I told him the service is very bad, and why does it take so long for another register to be opened, and why can’t 1 of the 3 staff in self serve open a register? He really couldn’t give me any satisfactory answers to any of my queries. I could go and shop at Woolies but the service there is just as bad. We have an IGA and an Aldi in town away from the mall area so maybe it is time I tried them.

Oh no not another collectable load of rubbish COLES how about better service, discount on our shopping over a certain amount perhaps. There are many ways you can do better, than more rubbish give aways, which aren't really free anyway. COLES senior management need a good look at them selves.

Reactions: hinda and Monks