Fear grips Aussie suburb as residents take action amid surge in crime

Residents of this Aussie suburb are expressing deep concerns as they face a series of unsettling incidents in their community.

The growing fear among locals has sparked a call for increased vigilance and security measures, as they worry about the safety of their neighbourhood.

The incidents have left many on edge, highlighting the need for greater awareness and action to address the situation.

In the quiet streets of Brisbane's suburbs, a new wave of fear is gripping residents as break-ins and home invasions become an all-too-common occurrence.

The community of Pallara, in particular, has been shaken by a series of brazen crimes that have left many feeling vulnerable and afraid in their own homes.

The unsettling reality of these crimes was brought to light recently when CCTV footage captured the moment intruders, posing as law enforcement, declared they had a ‘search warrant’ to the terrified occupants during a daylight home invasion.

This shocking incident that happened on August 25 is just one example of the cunning tactics thieves are employing to gain access to homes.

Screenshot 2024-08-27 083422.jpg
Residents in Brisbane's Pallara suburb are increasingly terrified by a surge in break-ins, prompting some to barricade themselves at home. Credit: Facebook / 9 News Queensland

The spate of youth crime in the area has escalated, with Queensland Police linking the criminal duo responsible for the Pallara break-in to several other incidents on the same day.

Police data paints a grim picture, indicating a rise in unlawful entry, car theft, trespassing, and robbery in the suburb.

In a chilling new video released by Queensland Police, a man armed with a shotgun is seen demanding cash from a business in nearby Forest Lake.

These events have prompted residents to take matters into their own hands, forming a crime watch group with over 500 members conducting nightly patrols in an effort to safeguard their community.

Tejinder Singh, a local resident, expressed the toll these events have taken on his family.

‘We are on tenterhooks…we are on the edge, and I honestly don't know if there's anyone who's looking after us,’ he shared.

After an attempted break-in at his home and a confrontation involving a knife, Singh recalled the effect of these incidents.

‘I haven't slept, I'm now ignoring work just to be able to focus here, it's taking a toll on my mental health,’ he lamented.

‘I've got an eight-year-old who understands things are happening, and he's like, “Dad, what's happening?”’

Another resident, Vika Vaka, recounted the distressing experience of returning home from dropping her children off at school to find her home had been broken into.

Others in the community, too distraught to speak on camera, have resorted to using wooden planks to barricade their doors in a desperate attempt to feel secure.

The growing concerns over safety in Queensland echo a similar situation unfolding in New South Wales, where residents are also grappling with a surge in criminal activity.

The shared fear and frustration among these communities highlight the broader issue of escalating crime across the nation, sparking urgent demands for effective action to restore a sense of security and peace.
Key Takeaways
  • Residents in the Brisbane suburb of Pallara are experiencing a rise in break-ins and home invasions, leaving many terrified and resorting to barricading themselves.
  • Vision of one recent home invasion in Pallara showed intruders falsely claiming to have a ‘search warrant’ in broad daylight.
  • Queensland Police are aware of multiple break-ins in the area and have released new video evidence of an armed robbery at a local Forest Lake business.
  • The community is responding by forming a crime watch group, with members conducting their own nightly patrols to improve safety.
We at the Seniors Discount Club urge our members to take these precautions seriously. Your safety and peace of mind are invaluable.

Have you or someone you know had any experiences with home security issues? Do you have tips to share with fellow readers? Please free to share them in the comments below.

Sponsored
Do not blame the police they are hampered by the politicians and absurdly weak judicial NON system which needs to be chamged.Youth crime needs to make adult crime adult punishment regardless of age no bail for previous offenders Wellcamp is empty use it or build more .Get rid of the WOKE judges and get some who will do what they are overpaid for.Only question for oggenders WERE YOU THERE LEGALLY YES OR NO NO BUTS from legal teams.Implement CASTLE LAW for peoples right to DEFEND themselves and family MO restrictions.Make punishment that deter criminals from reoffending or want to offend.

In the Uk when I reached an age where I was able to absorb news in a newspaper, odd times I would read where some criminals had received so many strokes of the cat of nine tails, you never saw there names in the newspaper again. crime increased when the cat was banned.

Break-ins round here are on the increase and again it’s kids. We’ve been lucky as it’s usually pretty quiet in our area. We are actually getting a dead lock fitted on the door from the garage to the house this week. That seems to be how they get into the houses in recent days. But I guess if they want to get in they will find a way

I think a lot of this has to do with young people who don't have a Job, are cash-strapped and children who are homeless and not at school with no supervision by their parents. Anyone who commits a crime should do the time regardless of their age, no Bail, no home supervision and if the crime is repeated double the time in jail. Why are young children out on the street at 2 am? Where are their parents? A lot must be investigated to find a solution to why some are repeat offenders.

Break-ins round here are on the increase and again it’s kids. We’ve been lucky as it’s usually pretty quiet in our area. We are actually getting a dead lock fitted on the door from the garage to the house this week. That seems to be how they get into the houses in recent days. But I guess if they want to get in they will find a way
They will definitely find a way. I was broken into and they stole my house keys. The police warned me that they'd probably return in a couple of weeks, so obviously I had all the locks changed. They did return 2 weeks later and when they found they couldn't get in through the doors or windows they climbed on the roof, removed a few tiles and broke through the ceiling.

They will definitely find a way. I was broken into and they stole my house keys. The police warned me that they'd probably return in a couple of weeks, so obviously I had all the locks changed. They did return 2 weeks later and when they found they couldn't get in through the doors or windows they climbed on the roof, removed a few tiles and broke through the ceiling.
Oh that’s awful. I can’t think of a way to stop them doing that. I guess you can only do so much to protect your property. We have rods in all the sliding doors and windows. First time my friend visited and saw them she said “you’re not very trusting are you?” I said well I’m not going to make it easy for them to rob me

Reactions: Gsr and Dynamo
In my area we are constantly having breakages of windows and break-ins by children. The police can do nothing even if they catch them at it because the law does not cover offences by young children. We need laws that will make sure these children are taught a lesson and their parents at least should be held responsible for their actions.

My doors were locked and I had fallen asleep in the bedroom when the latest break-in occurred at my house by children. They still managed to break in through the locked safety screen door and the treble locked back door. My neighbiour across the lane has security cameras and caught them leaving.

My doors were locked and I had fallen asleep in the bedroom when the latest break-in occurred at my house by children. They still managed to break in through the locked safety screen door and the treble locked back door. My neighbiour across the lane has security cameras and caught them leaving.
That’s the worst that they do this while you’re in the house. It’s scary

Reactions: Gsr
It is time the law came down very hard on these so called “under age thugs”. If they are old enough to be breaking into people’s homes and terrorising them and damaging, stealing stuff, they are old enough to be thrown in jail. Jail time needs to be increased with each subsequent offence. Parents of these thugs need to be held responsible for the costs of their crimes. There should be no leniency allowed for pleading mental health or any other excuses they conjure up. Lastly homeowners and neighbourhood protection groups should have full immunity from any charges no matter what, if they are protecting people and property.

We had a bunch of "KIDS" doing a door to door.

Couldn't get into our house, so they tried next door. I got them on camera and called police.

They got a shock when next door's camera, positioned at their proposed entry point, spoke to them. They were asked ... what do you think you are trying to do ... you are being filmed, and, the police are on the way ... run rabbits, run.
So they scarpered, but were too slow. The police caught up with them before they got to the next corner.

It was a group of young boys, all under 15. They were carrying bats, and kitchen knives, and meant business.
Where is this coming from??? I am at a loss.

Its the same in Melbourne too. Totally out of control. People are living in fear and it should not be this way.
Kind regards be safe to all
Vicki

Tonight on our local news there was a story about young thugs walking around our local area at night, going up to people’s front doors and trying the door. They were caught on quite a lot of security camera footage but had their faces covered. Hubby said one appeared to be a girl. The police apparently have arrested one of the suspects and he is 14 and supposedly in custody. They are still looking for the rest. Last night there was also a vehicle stolen from our area. Low life scum need giving a flogging if caught by members of the public, be the best deterrent they could get.

Tonight on our local news there was a story about young thugs walking around our local area at night, going up to people’s front doors and trying the door. They were caught on quite a lot of security camera footage but had their faces covered. Hubby said one appeared to be a girl. The police apparently have arrested one of the suspects and he is 14 and supposedly in custody. They are still looking for the rest. Last night there was also a vehicle stolen from our area. Low life scum need giving a flogging if caught by members of the public, be the best deterrent they could get.
I recon it’s going to come to this. The courts keep letting them out each time they are charged and they go straight out and do it again. People have had a gut full and will start fighting back. But you can bet your bottom dollar if one of the precious little darlings gets hurt there will be no bail for the person protecting their property

Reactions: Rgrieg11