TrishaC

Staff member
May 30, 2022
Fashion Never Gets Old! Fit Aussie Grandma Shows Everyone Why You're Never Too Old To Wear A Bikini

Has this ever happened to you? You’re sitting on your couch, watching some TV and suddenly, your phone rings. You see your son’s name on it and answer delightedly as you haven’t spoken to him for at least three days. Your son tells you that he got some time off from work and arranged a mini-holiday to the beach along with your grandchildren. They haven’t been there since before the pandemic and they practically begged him for it. You agree since you haven’t had fun in a while but as soon as you hang up, you think to yourself: “Oh no, what am I going to wear?”

You call your friend up since you know that she has gone to the beach recently and ask what she wore. She tells you that she wore a bikini that her daughter-in-law gave her as a gift. Your eyes widen and you exclaim: “Aren’t we too old for that?” to which she promptly replies: “Are we?”

Well, she isn’t the only one who thinks not! This super-fit grandmother who often gets mistaken for her twenty-year-old granddaughter shocked the world with her latest Instagram post!

IC0DJlZZAxBi497s0Wvw-hZuPfW5q9MbHQEX4DkhCmnDemxsNikIn12lnBn3FVFt6dKIiaXtnfVfHxPTgNLofhaKiPLCDVdv45dGI9NzhlxZKZyH3byv12IrjbM2fFhzIsfJ-mMsLRpB6aI43w

Source: @lesleymaxwell.fitness/Instagram

Lesley Maxwell is 64 years of age, from Melbourne, Australia and is widely known for her ripped physique. To maintain her figure, she works out five times a week and shares her routines with thousands of fans on Instagram. She uses the platform to share her exercises and flaunt her gorgeous body.

In one of her latest posts, she told her followers that she’ll “never be too old to wear a bikini,” sporting one in broad daylight. She credited her granddaughter for the photos who later praised her to be a “hot grandma.”

u70xhZyqNTsWQgtGS6tOCRNUGVurexa4eqzSXtzZys5z2oxT9NUh0AztfqVr-L1fmf_p-3a6iU-DIlth5G3h7rAv_2wAou4SughmnZ5eeUWXr2kY7C0d1CdZDv3AtrRgTvxGGzIPaVOTDw5dYw

Her post garnered thousands of likes and hundreds of comments.

‘You are an Amazingly Gorgeous Ageless Beauty!!! Perfection in Every Way!!! Wow!!!’ one commenter said.

‘You are healthy, sexy, looking incredible so sure you can wear a bikini … you are a huge inspiration,’ another added.

Previously, the grandma revealed her fitness regime to her fans and welcomed them to message her if they need any advice.

‘Health and fitness isn’t just a look,’ she said, ‘It’s a feeling … and there’s no better feeling than having a healthy strong body. The thing is, no one else can actually do the work for you. Even if you paid them to work out for you.’

In one of her earlier posts, she shared a simple routine that involves six easy steps and says that anyone can “reverse the ageing process.”

‘I definitely think women come into their own as we become older – more confident and sexy, especially if we are fit and healthy,’ she said, ‘We can actually reverse the ageing process through clean eating plus effective exercise. Building muscle, burning fat, and having a healthy lean body is up to us.’

She even inspired her fans by pointing out that there’s a difference between your chronological age and biological age.

_lfoZEvMZNcoI9RHaIDHbWTRZpVqFz8h8PhWYHSbGgBQOASwkKQilYfjJlHRLpQbHWEzi7ixIM4Wi-jNAgnQlURFIDAqsQErmakaIVnpM3il8yJPJcO3tdvLR45LtPzEhb99d22lYCYSFEBa2Q

‘There are two ways of ageing – one is chronological age which is from your birth date until now.’ she said, ‘And the other is biological age, which is more exciting! We can create a younger body – become leaner, stronger, and healthier. This makes us more confident and sexy.’

Her jaw-dropping physique also helps her stay confident in her love life, with her revealing that she is currently dating a younger man.

‘The man I’m seeing is younger than me, but I never think about that,’ she said, ‘Confidence is a win for me. If a man is brave enough to walk straight up to me and stare me in the eyes and ask me out, he’s a pretty brave man. These days, men are quite shy about approaching women as everything seems to be done online. Anyone can be romantic online, but there’s nothing like the real thing.’

This grandma shows us that age is but a number and that growing old is normal! There’s nothing to be afraid of. Not everyone gets the opportunity to age so if you want to go for a swim, wear a bikini! Don’t be shy!

But we want to know what you think about this. Would you wear a bikini to the beach? Why? Why not? Tell us all about it in the comments below!

While you’re at it, check out this video to see 5 exercises all seniors should do daily!

There is no way on this planet that I would be seen in a bikini! My shape (butterball!) is not conducive and at only 5' tall, I can't get the long, lean look. It has taken me a lifetime to be comfortable in my body and to accept me for myself. I now look back at the years of dieting and exercise and think of all the things I could have been doing. It should not have ruled my life. If you are a health and exercise afficionado good on you but it's not for everyone.:)

Fashion Never Gets Old! Fit Aussie Grandma Shows Everyone Why You're Never Too Old To Wear A Bikini

Has this ever happened to you? You’re sitting on your couch, watching some TV and suddenly, your phone rings. You see your son’s name on it and answer delightedly as you haven’t spoken to him for at least three days. Your son tells you that he got some time off from work and arranged a mini-holiday to the beach along with your grandchildren. They haven’t been there since before the pandemic and they practically begged him for it. You agree since you haven’t had fun in a while but as soon as you hang up, you think to yourself: “Oh no, what am I going to wear?”

You call your friend up since you know that she has gone to the beach recently and ask what she wore. She tells you that she wore a bikini that her daughter-in-law gave her as a gift. Your eyes widen and you exclaim: “Aren’t we too old for that?” to which she promptly replies: “Are we?”

Well, she isn’t the only one who thinks not! This super-fit grandmother who often gets mistaken for her twenty-year-old granddaughter shocked the world with her latest Instagram post!

IC0DJlZZAxBi497s0Wvw-hZuPfW5q9MbHQEX4DkhCmnDemxsNikIn12lnBn3FVFt6dKIiaXtnfVfHxPTgNLofhaKiPLCDVdv45dGI9NzhlxZKZyH3byv12IrjbM2fFhzIsfJ-mMsLRpB6aI43w

Lesley Maxwell is 64 years of age, from Melbourne, Australia and is widely known for her ripped physique. To maintain her figure, she works out five times a week and shares her routines with thousands of fans on Instagram. She uses the platform to share her exercises and flaunt her gorgeous body.

In one of her latest posts, she told her followers that she’ll “never be too old to wear a bikini,” sporting one in broad daylight. She credited her granddaughter for the photos who later praised her to be a “hot grandma.”

u70xhZyqNTsWQgtGS6tOCRNUGVurexa4eqzSXtzZys5z2oxT9NUh0AztfqVr-L1fmf_p-3a6iU-DIlth5G3h7rAv_2wAou4SughmnZ5eeUWXr2kY7C0d1CdZDv3AtrRgTvxGGzIPaVOTDw5dYw

‘You are an Amazingly Gorgeous Ageless Beauty!!! Perfection in Every Way!!! Wow!!!’ one commenter said.

‘You are healthy, sexy, looking incredible so sure you can wear a bikini … you are a huge inspiration,’ another added.

Previously, the grandma revealed her fitness regime to her fans and welcomed them to message her if they need any advice.

‘Health and fitness isn’t just a look,’ she said, ‘It’s a feeling … and there’s no better feeling than having a healthy strong body. The thing is, no one else can actually do the work for you. Even if you paid them to work out for you.’

In one of her earlier posts, she shared a simple routine that involves six easy steps and says that anyone can “reverse the ageing process.”

‘I definitely think women come into their own as we become older – more confident and sexy, especially if we are fit and healthy,’ she said, ‘We can actually reverse the ageing process through clean eating plus effective exercise. Building muscle, burning fat, and having a healthy lean body is up to us.’

She even inspired her fans by pointing out that there’s a difference between your chronological age and biological age.

_lfoZEvMZNcoI9RHaIDHbWTRZpVqFz8h8PhWYHSbGgBQOASwkKQilYfjJlHRLpQbHWEzi7ixIM4Wi-jNAgnQlURFIDAqsQErmakaIVnpM3il8yJPJcO3tdvLR45LtPzEhb99d22lYCYSFEBa2Q

‘There are two ways of ageing – one is chronological age which is from your birth date until now.’ she said, ‘And the other is biological age, which is more exciting! We can create a younger body – become leaner, stronger, and healthier. This makes us more confident and sexy.’

Her jaw-dropping physique also helps her stay confident in her love life, with her revealing that she is currently dating a younger man.

‘The man I’m seeing is younger than me, but I never think about that,’ she said, ‘Confidence is a win for me. If a man is brave enough to walk straight up to me and stare me in the eyes and ask me out, he’s a pretty brave man. These days, men are quite shy about approaching women as everything seems to be done online. Anyone can be romantic online, but there’s nothing like the real thing.’

This grandma shows us that age is but a number and that growing old is normal! There’s nothing to be afraid of. Not everyone gets the opportunity to age so if you want to go for a swim, wear a bikini! Don’t be shy!

But we want to know what you think about this. Would you wear a bikini to the beach? Why? Why not? Tell us all about it in the comments below!

While you’re at it, check out this video to see 5 exercises all seniors should do daily!

5 times a week is 5 times too many. I guess depending on what and how. concentrate on being a 60 something. I am over this and at 82 i feel I am just as good, but real. As to the trying to be naked one it is just yuk and degrading. Do these people not know that wondering is better than showing it. Honestly, an oldie will never be a youngie.

Yes sure she has an amazing body, but she’s so up herself she’s almost inside out!!!! What a pain !!!!!

Ha Ha Ha!!! Ricci you're game!!! ha ha ha. Your sense of humour is delicious. At nearly 97 & so lucky I am jealousy minus, I STILL think of the bikini days of my honeymoon, the ballet physique & the kid on the of a pyramid in gymnastics. Today I eat what I want to within reason of course & once went on a binge. I am now a very comfortable 69 ks & feel just right to be in a body of a GGran but secretly, I DO wish in my day we could have had movies the kids have today. Deep inside you get this little urge to show off what you could do. Alas we sit back & try to say, "I did that." AND, giggles......"You're jokin'"... I DO say, & always WILL, that a "black all in one bathing costume" takes the cake EVERY time on a person who has looked after their figure. I've seen it all in me, from the top of the pyramid to the hippo in "Fantasia" & I've lived life to the full. So many never experience the gift of opportunity that age brings with an adoring husband to now grieve over. Just call me lucky without frills. I had it all. xx

You would look so much better in a one piece. We should grow old gracefully and happy no need for fillets and Botox which must cost you a lot of money also. Shame you’re not happy in your own skin

Reactions: Ricci and Kathie
Of course you're never too old to wear a bikini. However, how you look in it (or mostly out of it) is a matter for conjecture ...

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci