Fashion enthusiasts are ‘obsessed’ with this dress from BIG W – get it before it's gone

As the cost of living continues to soar, we all know how difficult it can be to find clothes that won’t break the bank.

But hold on, because we have some good news! BIG W has just launched a new fashion find as part of their summer collection, and it has left shoppers singing its praises.

Styles and trends come and go, but this brightly-coloured dress from BIG W has summer lovers everywhere excited, with customers saying they 'adore' it.

The dress was revealed as part of BIG W’s new summer collection, and it has been the subject of social media hype and attention ever since.

dress1.jpg
The dress is making waves among fashionistas everywhere. Credit: BIG W

Holly Merrie, one of the lucky ladies who had the chance to try on the dress, shared a video from her fitting on her TikTok account.

‘This stunner – I would have got this if it fit a bit better,’ she said in the clip.

She added that she loved how the front part of the dress is ‘stretchy’ and how the sleeves cupped her arms ‘perfectly’.

She shared that she loved the neckline as well. ‘It is backless, but in a way that you can still wear a bra and I will always advocate for that because I am a bra girl,’ Holly explained.

However, she did mention that the back was a ‘bit too big’, and she felt like if she wasn’t wearing underwear, her bottom would be exposed.

Despite this, Holly’s verdict on the dress remained positive.

dress2.jpg
The dress looks great on Holly. Credit: hollymerrie/TikTok

‘I adore that backless dress,’ she added in the comments section, while her followers also praised the garment.

‘Love your videos, please do more!’ One shared.

‘I’d get the backless if it wasn’t backless,’ another stated.

While another said they had the same dress and it’s currently their ‘favourite’ wardrobe item.

The dress has a floral design, with bright yellow and pink patterns – making it perfect for casual days with friends or family.

According to the product description, the Floral Bow Back Dress pairs well with sandals or heels. The elegant bow detail at the back contrasts well with the length of the dress and makes the garment look trendy and classy.

dress3.jpg
The white colour looks best when paired with open-toed heels or sandals. Credit: BIG W

If you’re more into subtle shades and neutral patterns, the dress is also available in white – complete with the same dress specifications. Only this time, the white colour looks a bit more formal, so if you’re going to an early dinner or a special occasion, consider getting this style instead.

The dress retails for $45 online, but it is on sale in some states. As of writing, it costs $45 in ACT and NT, $25 in QLD, NSW, TAS, and VIC, and $19 in WA and SA.

A spokesperson for BIG W told reporters that the store is ‘proud to offer Aussie families stylish and affordable fashion in a range of sizes’. The dress is currently available in sizes 6 to 18.

‘Our latest collection of brightly coloured summer essentials has been extremely popular and we encourage customers to shop in-store or online while stocks last,’ they shared.

If you like flowery patterns but aren’t too crazy about the backless feature of BIG W’s dress, Kmart’s ‘must-have’ $25 floral dress may be more your style! The Short Sleeve Square Neck dress has short, voluminous sleeves, a bagged out front bodice, shirred bodice detail at the back, an empire waistline, and drops slightly above your knee. Read more details – including how to style this dress – right here.

If you don’t want to buy new clothes this season, here are a couple of suggestions to stay on ‘trend’ without shelling out money:

1. Pair your cardigans with a structured shirt or blouse. The contrast will give you more shape.​
2. Add a scarf to any outfit or tie it around the handle of your handbag for a ‘classy’ touch.​
3. Sunglasses not only protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays and slow down the development of wrinkles around your eye, but it can also make you look sharp no matter the outfit you have on.​
Key Takeaways
  • BIG W has released a summer dress that shoppers 'adore'.
  • The dress has a bright yellow and pink pattern and is backless, but can be worn with a bra.
  • The dress retails for $45 online, but it is on sale in some states. As of writing, it costs $45 in ACT and NT, $25 in QLD, NSW, TAS, and VIC, and $19 in WA and SA.
  • The dress is available in white as well, and in sizes 6 to 18.
So, members, what do you think? Will you be getting the dress for yourself, or for a family member? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
Not for me I’m afraid. Take a look at the advert - looks like a nice mid-length dress but when you see the lady wearing it on TikTok, it’s damn near maxi length. I wish manufacturers would make knee length or just below for real sized people instead of the taller end of the market! And don’t get me started on stirring, which rots out and just becomes daggy, baggy after a couple of washes. Cheap Chinese crap!

Not for me I’m afraid. Take a look at the advert - looks like a nice mid-length dress but when you see the lady wearing it on TikTok, it’s damn near maxi length. I wish manufacturers would make knee length or just below for real sized people instead of the taller end of the market! And don’t get me started on stirring, which rots out and just becomes daggy, baggy after a couple of washes. Cheap Chinese crap!
I agree, it’s very hard to find a dress that comes to just below the knee.

Reactions: Zoya and Bunyip57
As the cost of living continues to soar, we all know how difficult it can be to find clothes that won’t break the bank.

But hold on, because we have some good news! BIG W has just launched a new fashion find as part of their summer collection, and it has left shoppers singing its praises.

Styles and trends come and go, but this brightly-coloured dress from BIG W has summer lovers everywhere excited, with customers saying they 'adore' it.

The dress was revealed as part of BIG W’s new summer collection, and it has been the subject of social media hype and attention ever since.

View attachment 13094

Holly Merrie, one of the lucky ladies who had the chance to try on the dress, shared a video from her fitting on her TikTok account.

‘This stunner – I would have got this if it fit a bit better,’ she said in the clip.

She added that she loved how the front part of the dress is ‘stretchy’ and how the sleeves cupped her arms ‘perfectly’.

She shared that she loved the neckline as well. ‘It is backless, but in a way that you can still wear a bra and I will always advocate for that because I am a bra girl,’ Holly explained.

However, she did mention that the back was a ‘bit too big’, and she felt like if she wasn’t wearing underwear, her bottom would be exposed.

View attachment 13095

‘I adore that backless dress,’ she added in the comments section, while her followers also praised the garment.

While another said they had the same dress and it’s currently their ‘favourite’ wardrobe item.

The dress has a floral design, with bright yellow and pink patterns – making it perfect for casual days with friends or family.

According to the product description, the Floral Bow Back Dress pairs well with sandals or heels. The elegant bow detail at the back contrasts well with the length of the dress and makes the garment look trendy and classy.

View attachment 13096
The white colour looks best when paired with open-toed heels or sandals. Credit: BIG W

If you’re more into subtle shades and neutral patterns, the dress is also available in white – complete with the same dress specifications. Only this time, the white colour looks a bit more formal, so if you’re going to an early dinner or a special occasion, consider getting this style instead.

The dress retails for $45 online, but it is on sale in some states. As of writing, it costs $45 in ACT and NT, $25 in QLD, NSW, TAS, and VIC, and $19 in WA and SA.

A spokesperson for BIG W told reporters that the store is ‘proud to offer Aussie families stylish and affordable fashion in a range of sizes’. The dress is currently available in sizes 6 to 18.

‘Our latest collection of brightly coloured summer essentials has been extremely popular and we encourage customers to shop in-store or online while stocks last,’ they shared.

If you like flowery patterns but aren’t too crazy about the backless feature of BIG W’s dress, Kmart’s ‘must-have’ $25 floral dress may be more your style! The Short Sleeve Square Neck dress has short, voluminous sleeves, a bagged out front bodice, shirred bodice detail at the back, an empire waistline, and drops slightly above your knee. Read more details – including how to style this dress – right here.

If you don’t want to buy new clothes this season, here are a couple of suggestions to stay on ‘trend’ without shelling out money:

1. Pair your cardigans with a structured shirt or blouse. The contrast will give you more shape.​
2. Add a scarf to any outfit or tie it around the handle of your handbag for a ‘classy’ touch.​
3. Sunglasses not only protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays and slow down the development of wrinkles around your eye, but it can also make you look sharp no matter the outfit you have on.​
Key Takeaways

• The dress has a bright yellow and pink pattern and is backless, but can be worn with a bra.
  • The dress retails for $45 online, but it is on sale in some states. As of writing, it costs $45 in ACT and NT, $25 in QLD, NSW, TAS, and VIC, and $19 in WA and SA.
So, members, what do you think? Will you be getting the dress for yourself, or for a family member? Let us know in the comments!
Doesn’t look wonderful on that lady wearing it!!!!! Not for me for sure!

I agree, at five foot nothing tall any dress I buy is mid length or longer. I have to hem up if I want above or below knee length.
At the other end of the height scale, I would be delighted to find a dress at anything approaching a flattering length! It is not usually feasible to lengthen something too short, and buying two ,in order to get enough to add to waist top or hem, is uneconomical and a waste of time. The problem is mass production of a one-size-fits-all.....which it never does!

View attachment 13094

View attachment 13095

View attachment 13096

Key Takeaways

Who are all these people who are raving or obsessed with the dress? Very worrying!

Saw similar dark colored floral high waist, very nice. Would have to cut the bottom frill off, so I wouldn't trip over. Make my own.

It's a young ladies dress and it's on sale as well. The white one is much prettier. For older ladies. It's a complete No. This is the back of the dress when they mean backless. To me, the printed dress is too busy. 1676346574846.png1676346652621.png

Reactions: Kgee