Family firmly says NO to multi-million dollar offers for their property: “Tell ‘em they’re dreamin’.”

Our family homes are not just “houses” – they’re not just bricks and mortars, walls, floors, furniture and appliances. They are also an extension of our selves, built from years of milestones, achievements, challenges, and memories.

And just like the relationships we have with people, our relationships with our homes are also emotional and long-term. They can’t be severed easily, even after many years pass by.

That is why we can understand why a family in Sydney has refused to give up and sell their decades-old property, even though they were offered millions of dollars for it.

Just goes to show that home is truly where the heart is.

BpZ91Rmvp-gQgqSc7eUN-K3orXwlsaQs0cvgcug1Ph1BuKOCQqXrBHQVAHpCQ6939Nu8uTuqJ08lNST7HRX82F7nwC_qQaXTcyo7aojiPWqkc4WPtBFrDBphxH-7FK3-HBzwwDDc

The Zammit family refuses to sell their property. Credit: Daily Mail Australia.

In Sydney’s west, one family is refusing to give up their beloved family home located in the middle of a new-build development in The Ponds area near Quakers Hill.

The Zammit family admitted that several developers have already offered them multi-million dollar deals for their 2-hectare property which clearly stands out in the middle of a high-density neighbourhood.

“Tell ‘em they’re dreamin’,” they said, referencing the classic 1997 Australian movie, The Castle.

The Zammit’s humble home stands in the middle of 1.99 hectares of land, with a long Windsor Castle-style driveway that every house in the neighbourhood is envious of. The property also boasts a breathtaking view of the spectacular Newnes Plateau across the Blue Mountains.

And the family doesn’t worry about access to their necessities since they’re just a 40-minute drive away from the CBD.

Diane Zammit admitted that the area around their property looked entirely different when they first moved into the area around 16 years ago.

“It used to be farmland dotted with little red brick homes and cottages,” the 50-year-old mum recalled. “Every home was unique and there was so much space, but not any more. It's just not the same.”

In 2012, blocks of land around the area used to sell for up to $239 per square metre – which would have valued the Zammits’ property at around $4.75 million. It is said that the whole property is now valued at over $40 million, according to a local developer.

While the massive land area may make the Zammit’s home look small, it's actually much bigger in real life.

The house is believed to have more than five bedrooms and from the outside, a large triple garage can be seen, big enough to fit the family’s classic Ford Falcon XR6. They also built a makeshift basketball court on the side.

The massive but well-kept lawn which takes up most of the land area is said to be a back-breaker to trim. Thankfully, the couple has their young son for the job, which is said to take him around two and a half hours.

6RwU4zcwk6P2Hzw5EXdW2IUhhMoi4HeodotZlUpc-5yhwbWBdmhcKSJRQfEVCkBuR0trV_-F5JfPQFJsZ4fAqYaO2dMcSk5yiAH46dFk3Yk8fa8yVcBIUHiRzEVTc7G8Lcg-Bc2r

Their neighbours are glad they’re here to stay. Credit: Daily Mail Australia.

According to their neighbours, the Zammit’s are a quiet and private family, but they were never arrogant and have always been friendly with the neighbouring houses.

“I will wave to them when I see them outside and they always wave back, but I don't really speak to them,” said one nearby resident.

Most of their neighbours also agree with the family’s decision of not selling their massive property.

“I'm very happy they've refused to sell - it means we have a cul-de-sac which is much safer for our kids - and their big lawn next to us makes it feel like we've got so much space,” one of them said.

“Our neighbours don't get that because the other houses are so close together. We're very grateful! I hope they stay.”

Sponsored
I love the idea that they don't want to sell, but I have one question: They've been there for decades and haven't bothered to plant any trees? I find that expanse of grass almost as terrifying as those solid grey roofs that surround them.

Family firmly says NO to multi-million dollar offers for their property: “Tell ‘em they’re dreamin’.”

Our family homes are not just “houses” – they’re not just bricks and mortars, walls, floors, furniture and appliances. They are also an extension of our selves, built from years of milestones, achievements, challenges, and memories.

And just like the relationships we have with people, our relationships with our homes are also emotional and long-term. They can’t be severed easily, even after many years pass by.

That is why we can understand why a family in Sydney has refused to give up and sell their decades-old property, even though they were offered millions of dollars for it.

Just goes to show that home is truly where the heart is.

BpZ91Rmvp-gQgqSc7eUN-K3orXwlsaQs0cvgcug1Ph1BuKOCQqXrBHQVAHpCQ6939Nu8uTuqJ08lNST7HRX82F7nwC_qQaXTcyo7aojiPWqkc4WPtBFrDBphxH-7FK3-HBzwwDDc

The Zammit family refuses to sell their property. Credit: Daily Mail Australia.

In Sydney’s west, one family is refusing to give up their beloved family home located in the middle of a new-build development in The Ponds area near Quakers Hill.

The Zammit family admitted that several developers have already offered them multi-million dollar deals for their 2-hectare property which clearly stands out in the middle of a high-density neighbourhood.

“Tell ‘em they’re dreamin’,” they said, referencing the classic 1997 Australian movie, The Castle.

The Zammit’s humble home stands in the middle of 1.99 hectares of land, with a long Windsor Castle-style driveway that every house in the neighbourhood is envious of. The property also boasts a breathtaking view of the spectacular Newnes Plateau across the Blue Mountains.

And the family doesn’t worry about access to their necessities since they’re just a 40-minute drive away from the CBD.

Diane Zammit admitted that the area around their property looked entirely different when they first moved into the area around 16 years ago.

“It used to be farmland dotted with little red brick homes and cottages,” the 50-year-old mum recalled. “Every home was unique and there was so much space, but not any more. It's just not the same.”

In 2012, blocks of land around the area used to sell for up to $239 per square metre – which would have valued the Zammits’ property at around $4.75 million. It is said that the whole property is now valued at over $40 million, according to a local developer.

While the massive land area may make the Zammit’s home look small, it's actually much bigger in real life.

The house is believed to have more than five bedrooms and from the outside, a large triple garage can be seen, big enough to fit the family’s classic Ford Falcon XR6. They also built a makeshift basketball court on the side.

The massive but well-kept lawn which takes up most of the land area is said to be a back-breaker to trim. Thankfully, the couple has their young son for the job, which is said to take him around two and a half hours.

6RwU4zcwk6P2Hzw5EXdW2IUhhMoi4HeodotZlUpc-5yhwbWBdmhcKSJRQfEVCkBuR0trV_-F5JfPQFJsZ4fAqYaO2dMcSk5yiAH46dFk3Yk8fa8yVcBIUHiRzEVTc7G8Lcg-Bc2r

Their neighbours are glad they’re here to stay. Credit: Daily Mail Australia.

According to their neighbours, the Zammit’s are a quiet and private family, but they were never arrogant and have always been friendly with the neighbouring houses.

“I will wave to them when I see them outside and they always wave back, but I don't really speak to them,” said one nearby resident.

Most of their neighbours also agree with the family’s decision of not selling their massive property.

“I'm very happy they've refused to sell - it means we have a cul-de-sac which is much safer for our kids - and their big lawn next to us makes it feel like we've got so much space,” one of them said.

“Our neighbours don't get that because the other houses are so close together. We're very grateful! I hope they stay.”
they "will" eventually sell....everyone has a price

!

Reactions: Ricci