TrishaC

Staff member
May 30, 2022
Fair shake of the sauce bottle! This baby girl will only drink milk out of this condiment container

Despite how cute children can be, we can’t deny that they tend to be a bit weird sometimes. They ask questions that seem to come out of nowhere. They refuse to sit on any other chair aside from the one they’re used to. They won’t eat unless you feed them like the spoon’s an aeroplane accompanied with the sounds “Here comes the aeeeeeeeeeroplaaaaaaane!” (that one definitely worked for us)

This kid, however, has reached the next level of weirdness when she refused to drink milk out of any other bottle but a TOMATO SAUCE bottle.

An Australian mum has offered a novel and clever technique for feeding her newborn girl who refuses to take a regular bottle.

After attempting to use "every" plastic container out there, the exasperated mother decided to use a clean tomato sauce bottle, which miraculously worked immediately.

‘Are you having trouble switching from breast to bottle?’ she captioned in the now-viral TikTok video.

The video has gained more than 600,000 views, with 45,000 likes and 800 comments!

Understandably, a lot of fellow mums had a plethora of questions, flooding the comments.

‘Okay, but how did you decide one day let's try the sauce bottle?’ One mum asked.

‘She wouldn't take a bottle but would drink from a syringe.. a syringe is a hard plastic, and so is the tomato sauce bottle,’ the TikTok poster replied, ‘So I thought, why not give it a go?’

In a second TikTok video, the mother showed her daughter refusing to drink from a baby bottle and instead preferring to drink from a sauce bottle.

This is a joke right?' one person wrote.

One mum responded, ‘Desperate times call for desperate measures...my guess is at a certain point of frustration, you'd look at anything that could possibly hold liquid,’

Others backed her up and described the difficulties that mums experience while switching from breast to bottle feeding.

‘'I've seen babies hospitalised and tube fed because they would not take a bottle and they were starving. I'm happy you found something that works!’ one woman commented.

‘I'm confused about what the problem is… if this is how baby wants to feed & Mumma needs a break or isn't able to breastfeed, what else do people want?’ another wrote.

The World Health Organization and Australia's National Health and Medical Research Council advocate exclusively breastfeeding your child for at least six months with no other fluids or solids.

t5lSOlvoJ9VsWZio7O-2cikFT9aTD1S8-_61Yu-BaJhY63Gph04LYlyb7MDxNCTaWzm4MAD02kNuU5ZEpQreD6KiBVim9ebQhhPCigcR9OEabpg1wTtzNe2jyvqTBdbMK3zE4BwmMPMfOdDkcQ

Source: pexels.com

Between the ages of 12-24 months, breastfeeding should be continued with a mix of solid food. However, some mothers cannot breastfeed and choose to bottle feed as an alternative.

What do you think about this? Have you experienced any of your grandkids refusing to eat food out of anything but a WEIRD container? Tell us all about it in the comments below!

• Wow
Reactions: Ricci and BJM
Fortunately, I didn't have to worry about bottles for either of mine. They both went from breast to cup very easily at 2 years of age, getting used to the cup from 1 year old onwards.
Go with whatever works, no matter how strange it might appear....

Reactions: Janet g and Ricci
Fair shake of the sauce bottle! This baby girl will only drink milk out of this condiment container

Despite how cute children can be, we can’t deny that they tend to be a bit weird sometimes. They ask questions that seem to come out of nowhere. They refuse to sit on any other chair aside from the one they’re used to. They won’t eat unless you feed them like the spoon’s an aeroplane accompanied with the sounds “Here comes the aeeeeeeeeeroplaaaaaaane!” (that one definitely worked for us)

This kid, however, has reached the next level of weirdness when she refused to drink milk out of any other bottle but a TOMATO SAUCE bottle.

An Australian mum has offered a novel and clever technique for feeding her newborn girl who refuses to take a regular bottle.

After attempting to use "every" plastic container out there, the exasperated mother decided to use a clean tomato sauce bottle, which miraculously worked immediately.

‘Are you having trouble switching from breast to bottle?’ she captioned in the now-viral TikTok video.

The video has gained more than 600,000 views, with 45,000 likes and 800 comments!

Understandably, a lot of fellow mums had a plethora of questions, flooding the comments.

‘Okay, but how did you decide one day let's try the sauce bottle?’ One mum asked.

‘She wouldn't take a bottle but would drink from a syringe.. a syringe is a hard plastic, and so is the tomato sauce bottle,’ the TikTok poster replied, ‘So I thought, why not give it a go?’

In a second TikTok video, the mother showed her daughter refusing to drink from a baby bottle and instead preferring to drink from a sauce bottle.

This is a joke right?' one person wrote.

One mum responded, ‘Desperate times call for desperate measures...my guess is at a certain point of frustration, you'd look at anything that could possibly hold liquid,’

Others backed her up and described the difficulties that mums experience while switching from breast to bottle feeding.

‘'I've seen babies hospitalised and tube fed because they would not take a bottle and they were starving. I'm happy you found something that works!’ one woman commented.

‘I'm confused about what the problem is… if this is how baby wants to feed & Mumma needs a break or isn't able to breastfeed, what else do people want?’ another wrote.

The World Health Organization and Australia's National Health and Medical Research Council advocate exclusively breastfeeding your child for at least six months with no other fluids or solids.

t5lSOlvoJ9VsWZio7O-2cikFT9aTD1S8-_61Yu-BaJhY63Gph04LYlyb7MDxNCTaWzm4MAD02kNuU5ZEpQreD6KiBVim9ebQhhPCigcR9OEabpg1wTtzNe2jyvqTBdbMK3zE4BwmMPMfOdDkcQ

Source: pexels.com

Between the ages of 12-24 months, breastfeeding should be continued with a mix of solid food. However, some mothers cannot breastfeed and choose to bottle feed as an alternative.

What do you think about this? Have you experienced any of your grandkids refusing to eat food out of anything but a WEIRD container? Tell us all about it in the comments below!

When my eldest daughter was a little one she liked the sauce bottle. She called it chookie because of the parrot on the bottle. Didn’t drink out of it, but you do what you have to do. It was a good solution!

Reactions: Ricci