Votes: 0 0.0%
  • People in the past tested these theories

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Babybird

May 23, 2023
Port macquarie
Fact or fiction what do you think??

An armful of fresh Basil provokes sympathy between two people, and that is why it is used to stop clashes between lovers. It is added to incense and love sachets, and the fresh leaves are crushed against the skin like a kind of natural love scent. In Eastern Europe it was believed that a young man who accepted a sprig of Basil from a woman's hands would fall in love with it.

Basil is also used for divination concerning love: place two fresh basil leaves on a burning charcoal. If they stay where you have placed them and they quickly burn to ashes, then the relationship or marriage contemplated will be harmonious. If there is a slight crackle then the relationship will be disturbed by quarrels. If the leaves crackle, then the envisaged relationship is irrelevant.

If you want to know if someone is chaste or of dubious morals, put a sprig of fresh basil in their hand: they will wither immediately if that person is of loose morals. Basil brings wealth to those who carry it in their pockets, and it is used to lure consumers into a store by placing some in the cash register or above the front door.

Basil is also used to make sure someone's friend is straightforward. Sprinkle basil powder on your body while he or she sleeps, especially on the heart, and your relationship will be marked by loyalty.

Basil can also be strewn on the ground, to drive away evil spirits. It is also used in exorcism incense and in purification baths. Small sachets can be placed in every room of the house to protect it. It was also said that witches drank half a cup of Basil juice before flying through the air.

Basil can also be used during a diet, but only as a secondary aid, and only under the supervision of a dietitian. According to an old belief, a man or woman could not eat large amounts of a dish if basil had been secretly added to it. Finally Basil offered as a guaranteed gift the chance of a new home.

I have read about basil, there are quite a few different types, one is in fact named Holy Basil, I grow this at the front and back doors, as well as some along fence lines to ward off any negativity that may be floating around looking for some place to land. My great great grandmother was of sicilian heritage, I vividly remember meeting her as a child, she looked regal with black dress dress and beautiful lace headress. I am now 69 years young and am still learning from my past ancestors. It is wonderful to recall things that I heard as a child sitting amongst adults.

lol! Love you@Veggiepatch Our very own personal old bastard! I don’t care for basil much but crushed with lemon zest and mixed with virgin olive oil,it makes a very soothing salve for burns and bites. Use baby oil if you don’t like the thought of olive oil.
I do my best to get up people's noses.

Just like that damn boogie that just won't come out....

I have read about basil, there are quite a few different types, one is in fact named Holy Basil, I grow this at the front and back doors, as well as some along fence lines to ward off any negativity that may be floating around looking for some place to land. My great great grandmother was of sicilian heritage, I vividly remember meeting her as a child, she looked regal with black dress dress and beautiful lace headress. I am now 69 years young and am still learning from my past ancestors. It is wonderful to recall things that I heard as a child sitting amongst adults.
I know what you mean we need to keep an open mind lot of things we don't know about. I also use it as a salad goes very well tomatoes little olive oil salt nice. But am always open to to different cultures and beliefs etc. am a learner anything is possible