Extra flavour? ALDI shopper finds 'weird' ingredient in sauce bottle

When we reach for a sauce bottle from the supermarket shelf, we're already thinking about the zesty flavour it will add to our meals.

However, for one shopper, a quick and convenient dinner turned into a disgusting ordeal that left her gagging and without an appetite.

The young woman was preparing a quick dinner when she discovered a 'weird' and revolting clump inside a green curry sauce bottle from ALDI.

Despite expecting a smooth pour over her sizzling chicken and broccoli, she was instead greeted by a chunk of mould so repulsive that it triggered her gag reflex.

compressed-green curry.jpeg
A woman's Thai curry dinner turned into an unappetising ordeal, which made her skip a meal. Image Credit: Shutterstock/Coolscene

She took to social media to share her ghastly find.

'Something looked a little bit weird about the sauce. I poured it on my dinner, and this big chunk of mould fell out,' she recounted in a video posted online.

'It looks like what my dog regurgitated. It's all over the lid, it's all over the rim, this is just like filled with mould.'

With a best-before date of July 2025, it suggests it should have been perfectly safe to consume.

The woman's experience, which made her feel 'sicker' than ever, made her skip dinner entirely.

Social media users sympathised with her, with many Aussies expressing their feelings of nausea after watching the video.

'I want to vomit,' one wrote.

Another commented about how 'utterly gross' the mould looked.

Some speculated that the mould was likely due to a faulty seal, which allowed oxygen to enter and spoil the sauce.

As of writing, ALDI has yet to comment on the incident.

However, a spokesperson reiterated ALDI's return policy, assuring customers they can return unsatisfactory products for a full refund or replacement.

This was not the first time ALDI has been in the spotlight for questionable content in their products.

In a previous story, another customer found a 'dead mouse' in a packet of microwavable brown rice.

The find caused a horrid smell in his home, leading him to throw out his microwave and avoid rice.

Incidents like these are a stark reminder of the importance of quality control and the potential risks that can occur when it fails.

Food safety is of utmost importance. Always check your food before consumption, especially from a jar or a packet.

If you ever encounter a similar issue, return the product to the store for a refund or exchange.
Key Takeaways

• An ALDI customer found a clump of mould in her store-bought green curry sauce.
  • The sauce bottle was within the best-before date, indicating it should have been safe to consume.
  • ALDI has not commented on the specific incident but has reiterated its return policy for unsatisfactory products.
  • The disturbing discovery led to a strong online reaction, with many expressing disgust.
Have you ever had a similar experience with a store-bought product? How did you handle the situation? Share your stories with us in the comments below.

• Angry
Reactions: Ezzy and Julie1946
Sponsored
Yet here we go again! Straight to social media, just report to the company so they can check their stock. Instead they go to social media for their two minutes of fame, so sick of hearing these stories. What did we do before social media. 😏
and they always blame the store instead of the munufacturer. Some people must have such boring lives.

This is a bit childish..obviously when the bottled reached sealing stage it just wasn't sealed properly..take it back and put in for a replace damaged items claim for the food wasted..coles paid for my curtains to be dry cleaned after a rotten tin exploded in my kitchen..tin dog food..something I never normally brought as dont like but home late one night grabbed one at Coles on way home..to my horror it blew everywhere and it stank..they sent one of the young lads to see and was refunded for everything except the wall cleaning which I did myself.. seriously this is just stupid waste of time..my opions on social media would not go down very well probably either..

So what about the loss to the consumer? Chicken and broccoli and time? Microwave, food, time and mental trauma? It's not just getting a refund is it ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️