EXCLUSIVE: A new book claims that Prince Charles asked about Archie’s skin tone

EXCLUSIVE: A new book claims that Prince Charles asked about Archie’s skin tone
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have shaken the world after they revealed that a senior royal had made a remark about the possible skin complexion of their children in their controversial interview with Oprah Winfrey in March of this year.

Now, a new book claims that the senior royal who made the comment is none other than Prince Harry's father, Prince Charles.

_9lSFpBYV9_T-GEU85-7uRKcYIAucjSfJLdTyrGs31dM-u59Vgr3i2xL-5S7Dtl9wQHfQE4bhnyUgSE9LVd6idZfNVEBGdXjMFZaeyLMHS1fsCdRCbQDfixdWe4T0qGS9wIH73o

A new book alleges Prince Charles was the senior royal who made a somewhat racist remark on the possible skin tone of the Sussexes’ children. Credit: Ahmad Hassan/AFP.

American journalist Christoper Andersen, whose book Brothers And Wives: Inside The Private Lives of William, Kate, Harry and Meghan is set to be released today November 30, revealed that after the engagement of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was announced on November 27, 2017, Prince Charles mused about the possible appearance of his future grandchildren to his wife Camilla while they were sitting down for breakfast.

Prince Charles asked Camilla: “I wonder what the children will look like?”

The author noted that Camilla was "somewhat taken aback" by the question before replying, "Well, absolutely gorgeous, I’m certain.”

The Duke of Wales then lowered his voice, asking: “I mean, what do you think their children’s complexion might be?”

It was said that a well-placed source has helped Andersen write this account, detailing how the curiosity of the King in waiting was given a racist spin before being gossiped about around the Palace.

By the time the account had reached the Sussexes, it was at its peak toxicity.

The author also accused a group of high-level palace advisers, known as the "Men in Grey", for echoing Prince Charles’ sentiments.

Andersen wrote: “The question posed by Charles was being echoed in a less innocent way throughout the halls of Buckingham Palace."

He also described how the elitist clique, which the insider called "the old boys' network", shifted the focus of the inquiry from an innocent curiosity into how the royals would “look to the rest of the world” once African-American blood became part of the mix.

Andersen also revealed Harry’s frustration with his father after the Duke of Wales told him that he was being "overly sensitive about the matter" when he complained to his father about it.

The book then claimed that Harry's brother, Willian, shared an unsympathetic view, allegedly describing the skin tone comment as "tactless" but "not a sign of racism within the family".

A spokesperson for Prince Charles told The Post: “This is fiction and not worth further comment.”

Meanwhile, a spokesperson of the Sussexes did not respond to requests for comment.

The book also pointed out that it is not the only recent scandal surrounding Prince Harry in the House of Windsor. The journalist also examined the concerns of Harry's relatives over his rush to the altar and the alleged schism between the two Princes and their respective wives, Meghan and Kate, explaining how the royal quartet, once dubbed as "The Fab Four" for their various joint charity work, is now "barely speaking".

Andersen cited the serious racism accusations as the main cause of the rift between the two brothers. However, the author claimed that the alleged request of Queen Elizabeth II to remove the portrait of Harry, Meghan, and Archie before she recorded her traditional Christmas message to the people of Britain and its Commonwealth countries in December 2019, had made the situation worse.

Andersen wrote: “[She] looked over the table where the photographs she had so lovingly selected were arranged.”

“All were fine but one, [the Queen] told the director.”

Per the author’s source, Her Majesty pointed to the photo of Harry, Meghan, and baby Archie and said: “That one. I suppose we don’t need that one.”

It was said that William was aghast when he watched the address with the rest of the family at Sandringham, the Queen's country estate where the Royal Family holds their holiday celebrations, realising that the photo of Harry and his family was gone.

Harry, who had snubbed his relatives by spending the holidays in Canada with Meghan, Archie and his mother-in-law, allegedly told one of his closest friends that “felt as if he, Meghan and Archie were being erased from the family”.

Although the Queen is known to have a “soft spot” for Harry, the book claimed that her frosty gesture triggered the Prince’s departure from royal life.

In January 2020, Harry and Meghan formally quit the institution for good, publishing a statement on their Instagram page on January 8, 2020 to confirm their decision.

The author said that the royals were allegedly astounded by the statement, which said that the Sussexes would "work to become financially independent” while continuing to “collaborate” with the Queen, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and “all relevant parties”.

Prince William was allegedly incensed upon learning of the news, according to a household staff member working for the Duke of Cambridge.

William allegedly said: “What the f**k do Harry and Meghan think they’re doing?”

"My father will be furious."

The author then said that William's comment about his father's reaction was correct, narrating how Camilla allegedly told a neighbour about the King in waiting's reaction.

“I have never seen him that angry before,” Camilla allegedly said.

d0LZFupVV_fqKyM6UYqHqes-VnwBuB1y59vaAq_oOTihPd5Npc41UHzc-DRu5jzob7CLeF0wZednWGWLdvogoLm9lOZT3kyD2ymtOcuhayillUkw0nzTahCBFcwCGdiIsMy3_fk

The two Princes were reported to be barely speaking to each other since Harry departed from the royal family. Credit: Dominic Lipinski/Pool/AFP.

Obstacles to love

Andersen wrote that Harry had previously worried about what his brother, William — who can be "very stiff", according to the author — would make of divorcee Meghan, fearing that William would think that his love interest was "an opportunist".

The author claimed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge became bothered by the stream of headlines coming out about Meghan's father, Thomas Markle.

It was said that the older royal seemed ‘unbothered’ with any awkward or uncomfortable headlines about Meghan. However, William and Kate were allegedly "alarmed" by the grim public warnings of Meghan's estranged half-siblings, Samantha and Thomas Jr, who said that Meghan's toxicity would cause trouble to the Royal Family.

Thomas Jr was particularly adept at badmouthing his half-sister, telling reporters: “She is giving the best performance of her life.”

One comment of Thomas Jr, claiming that Meghan thinks she's another Princess Diana, allegedly stung William the most.

“I don’t know what to believe,” the book claims William told a member of his circle.

It was also believed that the third in line to the throne has raised more red flags to his father, telling Prince Charles that Harry's obsession with Meghan was "like something I'd never seen".

"It feels like I have lost my best friend," William reportedly said.

Meanwhile, the author claimed that Harry became angry with anyone he perceived to be "against Meghan".

The reported behaviour of Harry was said to come after William allegedly drafted their uncle, Earl Spencer, the younger brother of Princess Diana, to appeal to him to talk to Harry about not rushing to the altar with Meghan.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” was Harry’s raging response, according to the book.

Frosty relationship between the brothers

The two Princes, who had last seen each other before the beginning of the pandemic, reunited under sad circumstances in April, attending the funeral of their 99-year-old grandfather, Prince Philip.

Although the brothers seem to be friendly toward each other in front of the cameras, Andersen claimed that the friendly exchanges between the two were just a front.

F1ZpL5FwNCRpKFwJYVF7nP5zcMDWvhiIx4Oiek2NeNtmL4d0dtTwQkNlb0kMCfEga8mMz6HrAs01k0vCuoHKaT1o4uL-SwG4WFqpKMPcQjt_0GnHG88k_DzabXKsFwBC0fPuC4M

William and Harry reunited at their grandfather’s funeral after not seeing each other since the beginning of the pandemic. Credit: Alastair Grant/WPA Pool/Getty Images.

“Unfortunately, the world had read too much into what was only a fleeting, cordial chat,” the author wrote.

It was reported that after the meeting of the two brothers "went nowhere", Harry flew back to the US to be with his pregnant wife, returning to their Montecito estate just one day before his grandmother's 95th birthday.

Then, on July 1, 2021, what would have been Princess Diana’s 60th birthday, the feuding brothers met once again at the dedication of a statue of their mother in the gardens of her former home, Kensington Palace.

“When the moment came, it became quickly and painfully obvious that nothing has changed," wrote Andersen who pointed out that the two Princes have remained distant, noting that they pulled on two separate cords to unveil the memorial of their late mother.

17KexaToeCJlFAm-oKi9moi3YzxBLVJVSMXOdoOh75Pfy99Ae8dGzRFHosVVgb9Sluwv9ALq-9-xyocxSbT3Ufjw1yA0_z3j4upcfRQvyvCCiLrCV8HzPgj9YngWMsYdyISrnBo

The two brothers were spotted pulling on two separate cords to unveil the memorial of their late mother. Credit: Dominic Lipinski/WPA Pool/Getty Images.

The author also examined the possibility of the two brothers kickstarting their healing process through their wives.

It was reported that Kate sent notes and gifts to Meghan after she gave birth to her second child with Prince Harry, Lilibet.

"I wish her all the very best,” Kate told a fan after she was asked if she had any greetings for the Sussexes' new daughter.

“I can’t wait to meet her.”

Andersen wrote that there's no doubt that Diana would be heartbroken over what has happened. As she once said of her boys: “I don’t want them suffering the way I did.”

Sponsored
I don’t believe that Prince Charles would have commented re the baby’s colour as such. I’ve commented about my childrens complexion & I wasn’t racist. The Royal family mix with a lot of different nationalities & are not racist. The British people excepted Megan with open arms. They weren’t at all racist! You can see that Prince Harry adores her & would do anything for her & that it self is a problem. What has been said have been twisted.

Reactions: Mike678 and Adi
Well I wouldn't take any notice of these idiots who refer to him as the "Duke of Wales" when Prince Charles is the Prince of Wales! Besides who cares..Harry and Meghan are not longer part of the royal family...their choice.

It's sad that people don't realise how they're being manipulated by the English press.
They sell them whatever narrative they want, and people always fall for it, hook, line and sinker believing it as fact
Hence the hatred for Meghan and Harry!

Reactions: Yanellio