EXCLUSIVE: 63-year-old woman stole over $804,070 from her husband whom she convinced had Alzheimer’s

EXCLUSIVE: 63-year-old woman stole over $804,070 from her husband whom she convinced had Alzheimer’s
63-year-old Donna Marino has been charged with larceny, following her alleged stealing of more than $600,000USD ($A804,070) over a span of 20 years from her husband, whom she convinced had Alzheimer's.

The Associated Press reported that the woman was arrested in late October after her husband's daughter, Elena, discovered documents that could incriminate Marino.

9CToNJENx6D807TsrwQM9ZSccEyUtpcFR-cpwsJAmD8s_b335KSJynoV8fIsvUBzkDixQ4iRTiU1bYpxrxJ4EXvJ0yzExNx0gn2Dpqu4HtWdq8DmLZ98mLcINmEarLSiQp3_Ego

63-year-old Donna Marino was allegedly stealing money from her husband whom she convinced had Alzheimer’s since 1999. Credit: WFSB.
The police also said that Marino disclosed that she was using the money to help relatives.

It was also reported that the woman forged her husband's signature on pension cheques, social security cheques, workers' compensation settlements and other legal documents in order to deposit funds.

According to the New Haven Register, Marino also obtained authority to file her husband's taxes on his behalf and to pawn some of his belongings.

It was reported that she convinced her husband that he had Alzheimer's disease to cover her fraudulent activities.

“Donna explained when (her husband) wanted to go inside the bank to make a transaction, she told him the last time he went inside he made a scene due to his Alzheimer’s Disease, causing (him) not to go inside to avoid embarrassment,” said Sgt. Gregory Borer said in the affidavit.

“Donna explained she fabricated this scenario to prevent (her husband) from going inside the bank and discovering the low balance in their accounts.”

Elena said that Marino took advantage of her dad's fear of getting diagnosed with Alzheimer's by making up stories that her dad was running around the house chasing Marino.

Elena said that her father's fear of getting diagnosed with Alzheimer's stemmed from the fact that her grandmother had the condition.

8RiVKAO03Oz5xK7ZSWnyT8RAeH71YeeMWSl2x4Y5fv4Xky8O96aFqy-qy8pMThSxhAmoArml05khl9NhURr0DsFYiTJd3qmqBQ6n-tBuGj-LSx5f2stuNUQABuvzd4lTBXXC5Sg

Elena discovered incriminating documents that prove the fraudulent activities of Marino. Credit: WFB.

According to WFSB, Marino took control of her husband's finances before they married back in 2009 and was stealing money from him as far back as 1999.

Elena first became suspicious of Marino in 2019, when she noticed her father's credit score had dropped.

Additionally, the woman rerouted her husband's phone so she would get all his phone calls, including Elena's.

Elena's father has reportedly filed for a divorce and went to the police in March last year.

Marino has been charged with first-degree larceny and third-degree forgery, PEOPLE reported.

Reactions: wtyates
Sponsored
My goodness. Why marry someone if you can't ask them for help and have to rather resort to stealing?

I thought you meant to be for better or for worse for richer or poorer . But looks like it’s divorce do us part or prison do us part.

63-year-old Donna Marino has been charged with larceny, following her alleged stealing of more than $600,000USD ($A804,070) over a span of 20 years from her husband, whom she convinced had Alzheimer's.

The Associated Press reported that the woman was arrested in late October after her husband's daughter, Elena, discovered documents that could incriminate Marino.

9CToNJENx6D807TsrwQM9ZSccEyUtpcFR-cpwsJAmD8s_b335KSJynoV8fIsvUBzkDixQ4iRTiU1bYpxrxJ4EXvJ0yzExNx0gn2Dpqu4HtWdq8DmLZ98mLcINmEarLSiQp3_Ego

63-year-old Donna Marino was allegedly stealing money from her husband whom she convinced had Alzheimer’s since 1999. Credit: WFSB.
The police also said that Marino disclosed that she was using the money to help relatives.

It was also reported that the woman forged her husband's signature on pension cheques, social security cheques, workers' compensation settlements and other legal documents in order to deposit funds.

According to the New Haven Register, Marino also obtained authority to file her husband's taxes on his behalf and to pawn some of his belongings.

It was reported that she convinced her husband that he had Alzheimer's disease to cover her fraudulent activities.

“Donna explained when (her husband) wanted to go inside the bank to make a transaction, she told him the last time he went inside he made a scene due to his Alzheimer’s Disease, causing (him) not to go inside to avoid embarrassment,” said Sgt. Gregory Borer said in the affidavit.

“Donna explained she fabricated this scenario to prevent (her husband) from going inside the bank and discovering the low balance in their accounts.”

Elena said that Marino took advantage of her dad's fear of getting diagnosed with Alzheimer's by making up stories that her dad was running around the house chasing Marino.

Elena said that her father's fear of getting diagnosed with Alzheimer's stemmed from the fact that her grandmother had the condition.

8RiVKAO03Oz5xK7ZSWnyT8RAeH71YeeMWSl2x4Y5fv4Xky8O96aFqy-qy8pMThSxhAmoArml05khl9NhURr0DsFYiTJd3qmqBQ6n-tBuGj-LSx5f2stuNUQABuvzd4lTBXXC5Sg

Elena discovered incriminating documents that prove the fraudulent activities of Marino. Credit: WFB.

According to WFSB, Marino took control of her husband's finances before they married back in 2009 and was stealing money from him as far back as 1999.

Elena first became suspicious of Marino in 2019, when she noticed her father's credit score had dropped.

Additionally, the woman rerouted her husband's phone so she would get all his phone calls, including Elena's.

Elena's father has reportedly filed for a divorce and went to the police in March last year.

Marino has been charged with first-degree larceny and third-degree forgery, PEOPLE reported.
OMG, my husband has recently been diagnosed with this insidious illness and I was so shocked at this story that I nearly cried. How any human could resort to this is beyond me. I see my dear husband struggle each day more and more with some very simple tasks and my heart breaks for him. I sincerely hope this female gets what she deserves and more.

Reactions: Pat T