Jersey Girl

Oct 22, 2021
Enjoying the daily email

Hi everyone. I live in Wodonga, Vic. I work part time and enjoy it. I am really glad you started this Club email. I read every bit of it, enjoy the granddad jokes though some of them are a bit corny. Today, Sat 23rd, I loved the Christmas recipes. Probably won't ever make them, but they look soooo yum.
Enjoy your day people.

Hi there @Jersey Girl - thank you so much for the kind words.

And yes, we agree - some of the jokes are veeeeeerrry corny, but I think that's part of their appeal :D

What do you like to do for fun?

Hi Jonathan. I love to read, like baking muffins which I share around. I do like taking long walks. I try and go through all the parks and gardens, to see what new things are growing. I still work 3 days a week, which I do enjoy.

Hi Jonathan. I love to read, like baking muffins which I share around. I do like taking long walks. I try and go through all the parks and gardens, to see what new things are growing. I still work 3 days a week, which I do enjoy.
Have you ever tried your hand at gardening yourself? 😊

I do not really enjoy gardening at all. Things die on me. Happy to mow the lawn, pull bindis. Just not gardening.

I do not really enjoy gardening at all. Things die on me. Happy to mow the lawn, pull bindis. Just not gardening.
Haha. You’re not alone. In fact, we’ve had a whole discussion about it in our gardening forum and settled on keeping plastic plants 🤦🏽‍♀️ Baking is a super fun alternative though. I’ve always wanted to learn cake decorating. Have you ever tried?

I have done some decorating, just for family. Someone actually thought I had bought my coffee walnut muffin, it looked so pretty. Just swirled coffee icing on top of muffin then placed walnut half on top of that . Done chocolate cake as well. Nothing very exciting but looked good.

I have done some decorating, just for family. Someone actually thought I had bought my coffee walnut muffin, it looked so pretty. Just swirled coffee icing on top of muffin then placed walnut half on top of that . Done chocolate cake as well. Nothing very exciting but looked good.
That muffin sounds amazing. Now I'm craving one 😂

Reactions: Jersey Girl
Thank you. I meant to ask - what do you do for fun or otherwise? I also live catching,up with family and friends. Not that that has happened very much lately. Hopefully more now that we are allowed to visit.

Thank you. I meant to ask - what do you do for fun or otherwise? I also live catching,up with family and friends. Not that that has happened very much lately. Hopefully more now that we are allowed to visit.
Thanks for asking! I haven't had much time for fun recently if I'm honest. We've had two very tragic deaths in my family that have made life really different. I think with everything that's going on, a lot of people can relate to this feeling. But it's taught me how important family actually is, yeah? I love being with my family, spending time with my dog. Otherwise, I spend a lot of time reading and writing.

I hope that you do get to catch up with your family and friends soon enough. Those moments are really precious.

Thanks for asking! I haven't had much time for fun recently if I'm honest. We've had two very tragic deaths in my family that have made life really different. I think with everything that's going on, a lot of people can relate to this feeling. But it's taught me how important family actually is, yeah? I love being with my family, spending time with my dog. Otherwise, I spend a lot of time reading and writing.

I hope that you do get to catch up with your family and friends soon enough. Those moments are really precious.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Yes, family is very precious. That time spent together can never be replaced by anything else. Grandson is isolating, had close contact at school. He is well, just bored from not being with his friends at school. My daughter is trying to keep him occupied, he also has school work to do.
I used to have a dog, got bitten by a snake and died. I will wait til I am fully retired before getting another. Or maybe my friend and I can get one and share it between our homes.
What do you write? That is something I cannot do. Words don't flow to the paper. Even a card can be a problem. Bit sad, that.
Have a lovely day. Hope your weather is nice where you are. Here it is a little breezy and sunny.

Hahaha I'm sure your daughter is not enjoying that. It's so difficult to get kids to focus while they are at home.

That's so sad about your dog! You should consider getting a cat. They are quite independent.

I journal a lot. I feel it's an important part of dealing with your emotions - especially when you are dealing with loss.

You are definitely not a bad writer! Even what you've written here is an enjoyable read 🤗

Hahaha I'm sure your daughter is not enjoying that. It's so difficult to get kids to focus while they are at home.

That's so sad about your dog! You should consider getting a cat. They are quite independent.

I journal a lot. I feel it's an important part of dealing with your emotions - especially when you are dealing with loss.

You are definitely not a bad writer! Even what you've written here is an enjoyable read 🤗
Thank you.

I would love a cat but then they must be kept inside. We had a cat on the farm, did enjoy her company. I will wait and see.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.