Endoscopy for Beginners

Note from the Editor:
This article was kindly written for the SDC by member @Nichola.

There are people, I’m told, who enter their autumn years as fit and wiry as they were as teenagers. I’m sure you’ve heard of them. The type that hasn’t taken an Aspro since 1965, when the midwife said it ‘might take the edge off’ after a three-day labour with their Billy…

I am not one of those people.

My medicine cupboard looks like an outpost of Chemist Warehouse. And with good reason. I don’t think there’s an inch of my body that hasn’t been repaired or removed. I blame genetics for this because, let’s face it, it helps to blame something or someone. Our ancestors passed down everything from bad hearts to bad feet.

With my family, it was bad bowels.

There’s nothing romantic or even dignified about bowels. Operatic heroines die from consumption or suicide—not Crohn’s, colitis or diverticular disease.

Last edited:
Sponsored
Note from the Editor:

There are people, I’m told, who enter their autumn years as fit and wiry as they were as teenagers. I’m sure you’ve heard of them. The type that hasn’t taken an Aspro since 1965, when the midwife said it ‘might take the edge off’ after a three-day labour with their Billy…

My medicine cupboard looks like an outpost of Chemist Warehouse. And with good reason. I don’t think there’s an inch of my body that hasn’t been repaired or removed. I blame genetics for this because, let’s face it, it helps to blame something or someone. Our ancestors passed down everything from bad hearts to bad feet.

There’s nothing romantic or even dignified about bowels. Operatic heroines die from consumption or suicide—not Crohn’s, colitis or diverticular disease.

Can really relate to this experience of the colonoscopy Nicola! My husband says “you need to strap yourself to the toilet seat to stop your head hitting the ceiling!” I don’t have a cat that follows me to the toilet, I have a Jack Russell!

Note from the Editor:

Note from the Editor:

What a great story , I think you just made colonoscopies easier for people and thank you for that.

Can I ask did Chloe ( great name choice by the way ) actually order all those things ? If so you must have a very interesting and very clever cat 🐈 which maybe there are more stories to come

Note from the Editor:

Note from the Editor:

Note from the Editor:

Note from the Editor:

Note from the Editor:

Note from the Editor:

Note from the Editor:

Note from the Editor:

Reactions: Ezzy
Well done Nichola.....have been through the same exercise myself.....hope that your results were good and that you can again get on with your life with this weight off your shoulders and a smile on your face.

April said how absolutely good was your
Discriptive Language was, I wholeheartedly agree. If you are not an Author you should seriously consider it. Your message was clear and concise, as well as being extremely entertaining.
If you end up in jail for getting illegal
products, I will visit you, and bring your highly entertaining putty cat with me so she can see you. Ever onward.