Effortlessly clean your glass shower with this $2.59 ALDI secret weapon

We all know how frustrating it is when our shower glass gets covered in soap scum and grime. No matter how much elbow grease we use, it seems like the dirt just won't budge.

But did you know that there's actually an easy solution for this?

For those of you who are looking for ways to bring your shower glass and mirrors back to life (and sparkle), you may want to try one of ALDI's finest cleaning products - the Power Force Mould Away 500ml.

The cleaning product has been getting a lot of attention on social media after a user posted a statement saying that it was effective in cleaning her shower glass.

'Hands down this is the best thing I have ever used as a "shower glass cleaner",' she wrote in a post.

312711460_9267210556638186_4329002029038614497_n.jpg
A photo of the half-cleaned glass shower, showing the contrast between the surface that has been wiped with the Power Force Mould Away and the surface that still looks 'foggy'. Credit: Facebook/ALDI Mums.

She also shared a photo to show the results of her cleaning.

The savvy cleaner added: 'Sprayed on (all over the inside of the glass), left for 10 minutes and rinsed it off!'

'Peep the top part of the shower glass that I didn’t spray just as a test (all the soap scum.) I even tried a few sprays inside the toilet bowl.'

'My toilet and shower glass have never looked so sparkly clean.'

The post has captured the attention of more than 1,000 group members who were excited to try the product.

One user wrote: 'It's an amazing product. Love it.'

'Best product out and so cheap,' another said.

A third chimed in: 'I’ve been using this for a couple of years, best shower cleaner ever.'

312750259_9267210526638189_3629789026313372310_n.jpg
Following a user's post claiming that the cleaning product worked well to clean her shower glass, the product has received a lot of attention on social media. Credit: Facebook/ALDI Mums.

One person asked whether the mum scrubbed the glass to get rid of the soap scum from the glass but the mum said that the cleaning process did not require intense work.

'Not even the slightest. Literally, spray, walk away and come back to have a shower once you’ve finished your house clean and rinse it off while you’re at it,' the savvy cleaner shared.

Others took the opportunity to share how the product helped them clean other places around the home.

One woman claimed: 'I used this for my washing machine rubber.'

'I put a couple of microfibre cloths in with them soaked in it and line the rubber in there could also do with a paper towel I reckon.'

Another added: 'My husband used it for the algae on the outside pavers.'

While most people seemed to be impressed with how well Power Force Mould Away has worked for them, some also brought up the point that the product contains bleach in its ingredients, which they claimed to be harmful to use on glass.

One comment read: 'Anything with bleach will wreck your glass.'

'That gives the glass cancer,' another joked.

A third advised: 'Just be mindful it is bleach which basically just lightens the mould so you can’t see it, but doesn’t actually get rid of it all.'

However, one user slammed the negative comments, explaining that bleach could actually be an effective agent for getting rid of mould on glass.

One user wrote: 'I will argue that bleach is extremely good at killing mould, however, it only reaches the surface spores (same as vinegar). This is why bleach reappears so easily and quickly in things like grout or plaster walls.'

'On surfaces such as glass, non-porous tiles and porcelain (think toilet) it is very effective at killing mould.'

'It’s also not a nasty chemical as some would say. Chlorine bleach (NaCIO) breaks down to its component parts (water and salt) after a bit.'

Key Takeaways

• Power Force Mould Away from ALDI is a cheap and effective way to clean your shower glass.
  • Bleach is an effective mould killer, on surfaces like glass, tiles and porcelain.
  • Just be mindful that it only reaches the surface spores, so it may reappear quickly if you don't continue to clean regularly.

Keeping this in mind, mould can be a real problem in the bathroom. It can grow on showers, grout lines, tiles, and even on flat surfaces and can quickly turn into a major problem if left untreated.

While bleach is an effective cleaning agent for pesky mould spores, it is important to be careful when using it as the chemical can be harmful if you are not careful with how much you use, where you use it, and how you store it.

So, there you have it! As we said, bleach, while still an important tool in your cleaning arsenal, might not be the best solution for every cleaning task, so make sure to use it carefully and with caution.

And for those of you who are looking for easy, effective cleaning tips for your shower, other cleaners on the internet recommend that all you need to do is mix equal parts of baking soda, white vinegar, and water, then rub it all over the shower with a soft sponge.

We hope this article has been helpful to you, members! Please feel free to share any of your mould-busting tips for cleaning the shower in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
We all know how frustrating it is when our shower glass gets covered in soap scum and grime. No matter how much elbow grease we use, it seems like the dirt just won't budge.

For those of you who are looking for ways to bring your shower glass and mirrors back to life (and sparkle), you may want to try one of ALDI's finest cleaning products - the Power Force Mould Away 500ml.

The cleaning product has been getting a lot of attention on social media after a user posted a statement saying that it was effective in cleaning her shower glass.

'Hands down this is the best thing I have ever used as a "shower glass cleaner",' she wrote in a post.

View attachment 10949
A photo of the half-cleaned glass shower, showing the contrast between the surface that has been wiped with the Power Force Mould Away and the surface that still looks 'foggy'. Credit: Facebook/ALDI Mums.

The savvy cleaner added: 'Sprayed on (all over the inside of the glass), left for 10 minutes and rinsed it off!'

'Peep the top part of the shower glass that I didn’t spray just as a test (all the soap scum.) I even tried a few sprays inside the toilet bowl.'

The post has captured the attention of more than 1,000 group members who were excited to try the product.

A third chimed in: 'I’ve been using this for a couple of years, best shower cleaner ever.'

View attachment 10948
Following a user's post claiming that the cleaning product worked well to clean her shower glass, the product has received a lot of attention on social media. Credit: Facebook/ALDI Mums.

One person asked whether the mum scrubbed the glass to get rid of the soap scum from the glass but the mum said that the cleaning process did not require intense work.

'Not even the slightest. Literally, spray, walk away and come back to have a shower once you’ve finished your house clean and rinse it off while you’re at it,' the savvy cleaner shared.

Others took the opportunity to share how the product helped them clean other places around the home.

'I put a couple of microfibre cloths in with them soaked in it and line the rubber in there could also do with a paper towel I reckon.'

While most people seemed to be impressed with how well Power Force Mould Away has worked for them, some also brought up the point that the product contains bleach in its ingredients, which they claimed to be harmful to use on glass.

A third advised: 'Just be mindful it is bleach which basically just lightens the mould so you can’t see it, but doesn’t actually get rid of it all.'

However, one user slammed the negative comments, explaining that bleach could actually be an effective agent for getting rid of mould on glass.

One user wrote: 'I will argue that bleach is extremely good at killing mould, however, it only reaches the surface spores (same as vinegar). This is why bleach reappears so easily and quickly in things like grout or plaster walls.'

'On surfaces such as glass, non-porous tiles and porcelain (think toilet) it is very effective at killing mould.'

'It’s also not a nasty chemical as some would say. Chlorine bleach (NaCIO) breaks down to its component parts (water and salt) after a bit.'

Key Takeaways

• Power Force Mould Away from ALDI is a cheap and effective way to clean your shower glass.
  • Bleach is an effective mould killer, on surfaces like glass, tiles and porcelain.
  • Just be mindful that it only reaches the surface spores, so it may reappear quickly if you don't continue to clean regularly.

Keeping this in mind, mould can be a real problem in the bathroom. It can grow on showers, grout lines, tiles, and even on flat surfaces and can quickly turn into a major problem if left untreated.

While bleach is an effective cleaning agent for pesky mould spores, it is important to be careful when using it as the chemical can be harmful if you are not careful with how much you use, where you use it, and how you store it.

So, there you have it! As we said, bleach, while still an important tool in your cleaning arsenal, might not be the best solution for every cleaning task, so make sure to use it carefully and with caution.

And for those of you who are looking for easy, effective cleaning tips for your shower, other cleaners on the internet recommend that all you need to do is mix equal parts of baking soda, white vinegar, and water, then rub it all over the shower with a soft sponge.

We hope this article has been helpful to you, members! Please feel free to share any of your mould-busting tips for cleaning the shower in the comments below!
I have bought this product and tried it out, and I have to agree, it is one of the best cleaners out there.
Used it several times, found it to be very effective and easy going on the nose.
In fact, I think it is so good, I have several of these bottles and use it as a regular cleaner.

View attachment 10949

View attachment 10948

Key Takeaways

In have been using this for years, my glass screens have not got cancer and always come up brilliantly. It has only one draw back, it causes any article outside the show such as floor mats to be bleached if there is any overspray. I have a couple of green mats with white spray spots from overspray. So clear any items from the vicinity and you are fine.

Reactions: TheBear

View attachment 10949

View attachment 10948

Key Takeaways

What about people with septics?? Hum